Kalasin finds ways to ensure Songkran safety

webfact

Kalasin finds ways to ensure Songkran safety

KALASIN, 9 April 2014 (NNT) - The Deputy Governor of Kalasin Province has introduced several measures to help ensure that the Songkran Festival this year proceeds smoothly.

Surapot Ratchusiri, the deputy governor of Kalasin Province, has presided over a seminar on ways to reduce the number of road accidents during the Songkran Festival. The seminar also encouraged the media to cooperate with provincial authorities by informing the general public of measures to minimize the risk of road accidents. Kalasin Province wants to be the place with the least number of accidents over Songkram.

Meanwhile, Police Major General Monton Tipchan, the superintendent of the provincial police, said that he has established various vehicle checkpoints and deployed several teams of officers around the province. Patrols will be conducted on various roads, in communities and in entertainment complexes, while also monitoring security in the area as an added benefit.

The superintendent has also launched stringent measures to control three types of risky behavior commonly found during the Songkran Festival, namely drinking, speeding, and refusing to wear a safety helmet where required. Needless to say, this behavior is the leading cause of death.

With these measures in mind, the Provincial Governor hopes that the Songkran Festival this year will be much safer and a time of real enjoyment for everybody.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-04-09 footer_n.gif

The superintendent has also launched stringent measures to control three types of risky behavior commonly found during the Songkran Festival, namely drinking, speeding, and refusing to wear a safety helmet where required. Needless to say, this behavior is the leading cause of death.

With these measures in mind, the Provincial Governor hopes that the Songkran Festival this year will be much safer and a time of real enjoyment for everybody.

Refusing to wear a brain, aeeh helmet. Needless to say that..

I've been living in Kalasin for the past year now, the last place I want to be during songkran is in the city. I prefer to stay home and sleep, maybe at night have a little party with my family. Nothing exciting, but at least I'm safe out of harms way. My life is toO important :)

Edited by kirstymelb101
  • Like 2

I've been living in Kalasin for the past year now, the last place I want to be during songkran is in the city. I prefer to stay home and sleep, maybe at night have a little party with my family. Nothing exciting, but at least I'm safe out of harms way. My life is toO important smile.png

And you'll have to work on your handmade PC. Wish you a good and not too wet Songkran. Lol-biggrin.png

I am another Kalasin Resident who prefers to remain at home as much as possible during the Holiday Maddness... After 12 years here, I have "Enjoyed" all of the Water & Powder Throwing, Drunken Dancing and Idiot Actions that I care to...

Pianoman