PM misses Prem meeting

Lite Beer

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm...Her not going to see Prem for Merit making at Songkran is turning her back on something much bigger. Who does she think she is?

I think her position has gone to her head wai2.gif

She was the legally elected PM of Thailand who was sabotaged by the machinations of the former ruling oligarchy. She has sent a not so subtle message that she will not be bullied by the military and that she owes nothing to the unelected Prem, who was previously the military dictator of Thailand. If you wish her to embrace a group who have no respect for civilian governments, that is your totalitarian aligned opinion. Does your PM run over to the Chief Privy Councillor's home at new year's to bow before him and show deference? Why then would you expect the PM of Thailand to do so?

Prem is the head of the "Privy Council"!

Who the "Privy Council" represent and what is his role?

After answering this question, you'll know what "not attempting" means!

• Like 2

"It is good to see all three of the Armed Forces' commanders and police chief come to me every year. This shows we all have friendship and I have the Armed Forces as good friends,"

Lord, what away to run a business!

Thailand is too fixated on ritual. Remember the USSR? Western intelligence services (an oxymoron?) used to have to wait for the annual weapons parade to then analyze photos and see who was in favor and who was off (or at the fringes of) the podium. Similar now to N.Korea and China, where, in a typical Asian way, we don't get plain talk, but instead have to read the tea leaves to gauge who's in, and who's out of favor with the power brokers.

Though I have no love for the Shinawatres, I do respect how Ms Yingluck didn't automatically/mechanically kowtow - by presenting pink flowers to Prem. I acknowledge ritual is needed in Thailand, particularly in such a stratified, superstitious society, but as with anything, ritual can be overdone. What's needed is straight talk and more egalitarianism. But that won't happen. The rich will keep getting richer, and the peons will keep getting poorer, but at least the little people can throw buckets of water at each other for a week each year. Whoopee!

How much do those generals and admirals and all those hundreds of hangers-ons (at Prem's ritual) garner in cumulative salary each day? All those tax-paid salaries were paid, so they could kneel and wai at Prem.

• Like 1

Hmmm...Her not going to see Prem for Merit making at Songkran is turning her back on something much bigger. Who does she think she is?

She was the legally elected PM of Thailand who was sabotaged by the machinations of the former ruling oligarchy. She has sent a not so subtle message that she will not be bullied by the military and that she owes nothing to the unelected Prem, who was previously the military dictator of Thailand. If you wish her to embrace a group who have no respect for civilian governments, that is your totalitarian aligned opinion. Does your PM run over to the Chief Privy Councillor's home at new year's to bow before him and show deference? Why then would you expect the PM of Thailand to do so?

Because it is customary.

When are you going to wake up and realize you are in Thailand a different country than where ever you come from. Here respect for traditions is highly respected.

As I very patiently explained to you in my last post she was not Democratically elected and would never have come close if all the people who voted for her realized they were voting for Thaksin. It is the rite of all people to have a vote but when 48% of them are brain dead you are going to get equal for leadership.

Hint

Wake up and try to fit in rather than change the culture by comparing it to other parts of the world. Or made up situations. You will be much happier.

GK is not going to be happy because Yingluck is on the way out - period.

• Like 2

This is yet the latest indication that Yingluck knows that she is slipping out of the picture. But it also has the dubious Pheu Thai advantage of signaling disrespect, though in a needlessly gratuitously public way. Yingluck's movements ever since the dissolution of parliament on December 9 have shown an increasing retreat into a private world. She meets her " cabinet " at different locations. Her public appearances are increasingly rare, and the places that she chooses to visit are generally chosen to shield her from protests - sometimes not successfully. Adul would likely have been intensely uncomfortable at this gathering. He's the odd man out as he has long had direct ties with Thaksin and is pretty much in his pocket.

Edited by Scamper
  • Like 1

This is yet the latest indication that Yingluck knows that she is slipping out of the picture. But it also has the dubious Pheu Thai advantage of signaling disrespect, though in a needlessly gratuitously public way. Yingluck's movements ever since the dissolution of parliament on December 9 have shown an increasing retreat into a private world. She meets her " cabinet " at different locations. Her public appearances are increasingly rare, and the places that she chooses to visit are generally chosen to shield her from protests - sometimes not successfully. Adul would likely have been intensely uncomfortable at this gathering. He's the odd man out as he has long had direct ties with Thaksin and is pretty much in his pocket.

There have been several reports that Adul is jumping the Thaksin ship. I don't know if this is true, but I really hope so.

Words to that effect would be more credible than the amateur psychological ramblings of a red leaning farang.

If she had any gumption they would be forthcoming and they would earn respect.

Her reaction to the Ko Tee issue suggests there is none

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The reason she didn't attend was that Prem didn't provide a script of everything that would be said and asked during the meeting, rendering her useless wordless at such an event, because she wold not know what to say without Dubai instructions.

• Like 2

Annother PAD-Dem take on things, in part meant to denigrate the Prime Minister - a non-PAD-DEM....And I see it worked.

The very first line of the very first post/comment as follows:

>>>>>>One wonders how she can blatantly alienate herself in such a way.

>>>>>The Armed Forces would have power over those who have bad plans to hurt our nation," Prem said.

I wonder who he might be refrring to?...Could it be Suthep and his people trying to eradicate Democracy and replace it with a Civilian dictatorship?.........What do you think?.......

>>>>>>The caretaker prime minister faces many political and legal challenges because of the prolonged anti-government protests concentrated in Bangkok

Time for corrections...again....Tthey are not prolonged anti-govt. protests....They are prolonged coup-advocacy activities...nothing to do with protesting or anti-govt.

>>>>>> Prayuth said he hoped the political situation would get better after the traditional Songkran events,

Hoping that everyone will commit to Electoral and Parliamentary Democracy?....Is that what he is hoping for?...What do you think?

The view of UDD/RS's pro-democracy elements are that Prem was a significant figure behind the 2006 coup....Agree or not, that is what they think. So aggrandizing Prem not only falls on deaf ears, it in fact annoys them. It is their view that the decade-long political crisis owes much to Prem's interference and machinations:

Just the other side of the political divide folks.

You should spend more time analysing the prophesies of Nostradamus

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Perhaps you should educate yourself on Prems "career" to date before coming out with such an asinine comment.

• Like 2

The P.M. was APPOINTED----APPOINTED. PLACED THERE by her brother. She and her party sabotaged themselves---sort of self destruction with their NON accountability on popular polices that turned sour.

You know the rest --do not post porky pies GK

Your last sentence-----etiquette ETIQUETTE.

Not be bullied you say, TRUTH she does NOT debate--she does NOT give interviews rarely---only if the answers are ready for reading.

You are defending the PM for what reasons ????? I wish I could defend her, I would be quite happy to do that IF she was up and above board.

You are defending the PM for what reasons ????? I wish I could defend her, I would be quite happy to do that IF she was up and above board.

"up and above board"

are not two qualities in the Shinawatra gene.

• Like 1

... in defence of the Minister of Defence, attending the Song Kran meeting with the President of the Privy Council is OPTIONAL ......

..... as are the employment of good manners, respect and sound judgement.

It is Thai protocol. Thai culture. Such things are expected from Thai's, by Thai's.

YL is Thai. She should know her own culture.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

Annother PAD-Dem take on things, in part meant to denigrate the Prime Minister - a non-PAD-DEM....And I see it worked.

The very first line of the very first post/comment as follows:

>>>>>>One wonders how she can blatantly alienate herself in such a way.

>>>>>The Armed Forces would have power over those who have bad plans to hurt our nation," Prem said.

I wonder who he might be referring to?...Could it be Suthep and his people trying to eradicate Democracy and replace it with a Civilian dictatorship?.........What do you think?.......

>>>>>>The caretaker prime minister faces many political and legal challenges because of the prolonged anti-government protests concentrated in Bangkok

Time for corrections...again....Tthey are not prolonged anti-govt. protests....They are prolonged coup-advocacy activities...nothing to do with protesting or anti-govt.

It is not the Prime Minister who is facing "many political and legal challenges"......It is the electoral majority and the very essence of Democracy, which is facing these challenges.

>>>>>> Prayuth said he hoped the political situation would get better after the traditional Songkran events,

Hoping that everyone will commit to Electoral and Parliamentary Democracy?....Is that what he is hoping for?...What do you think?

The view of UDD/RS's pro-democracy elements are that Prem was a significant figure behind the 2006 coup....Agree or not, that is what they think. So aggrandizing Prem not only falls on deaf ears, it in fact annoys them. It is their view that the decade-long political crisis owes much to Prem's interference and machinations:

Just the other side of the political divide folks.

Thanks Bob.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

This was a direct snub and a message to both Prem and to the Monarchy he represents . . . nothing more, nothing less.

One day you red supporters will realize just how anti-Monarchy Thaksin and his ilk actually are.

I wasn't here at the time of the 2006 army filling the vacant sport left by Thaksin in his attempt to turn Thailand into a dictatorship. But wasn't his attitude towards a certain family a part of the reason he could not get back into the office he had abandoned?

No Prem blessing means she would not last more than a week.

I do not understand

Can you explain taht to me?

Read between the lines, but this may well be the final weeks of Yinglucks sham show.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

... in defence of the Minister of Defence, attending the Song Kran meeting with the President of the Privy Council is OPTIONAL ......

It is Thai protocol. Thai culture. Such things are expected from Thai's, by Thai's.

Exactly .. I was being sarcastic

Because it is customary.

When are you going to wake up and realize you are in Thailand a different country than where ever you come from. Here respect for traditions is highly respected.

As I very patiently explained to you in my last post she was not Democratically elected and would never have come close if all the people who voted for her realized they were voting for Thaksin. It is the rite of all people to have a vote but when 48% of them are brain dead you are going to get equal for leadership.

Hint

Wake up and try to fit in rather than change the culture by comparing it to other parts of the world. Or made up situations. You will be much happier.

Digging deeper , now 48% of the Thai electorate are brain dead!

Rule 11. Do not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people

It this your way of "trying to fit in with the Thai Culture"?

• Like 1

Exactly .. I was being sarcastic

Sorry!

One wonders how she can blatantly alienate herself in such a way.

George that is because Prem is generally assumed to already be on a side - not impartial. Of course if you just get it from the Nation Newspaper that fact will not be mentioned.

thumbsup.gif

Just the usual, nothing to get torqued about

• Like 1

There's no script needed for that meeting. Here's the drill:

If you're a big shot, you get your best clothes on. The limousine takes you over. There's probably a red carpet to tread. Everything is scripted. People who ordinarily detest each other, are put in proximity to each other, so there's a lot of wai-ing and smiling going on. Not one genuine gesture or word during the whole charade.

Concurrently, mobs of journalists, hangers-on, minders, deputies, staff, and others who want to be seen at the fatuous ritual. Oh, and perhaps some peons on the fringes, to offer added wais, and obligatory gestures of obeisance, including oohs and aahs.

tens of thousands of baht of flowers, pick-up truck loads of religious icons, some incense, some monks, ....you get the picture. Pomp and Circumstance Inc.

• Like 1

Because it is customary.

Hint

Digging deeper , now 48% of the Thai electorate are brain dead!

Rule 11. Do not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people

It this your way of "trying to fit in with the Thai Culture"?

NO she was not elected, and you full well know it.

She was chosen by her brother -you know full well--the position was given to her.

How many of the 48% were PTP ???? it is a coalition government--made up to function.

All these hangers on that joined up with PTP were in it --for the trough, or they would not have agreed to be part---get it ??

Why are you prepared to go down with the THAI-tanic...... you cannot see wood for trees. I would fight for them if they were honest and transparent.