Thavorn thanks Chaikasem for appointment of new PM under Article 7

Lite Beer

Thavorn thanks Chaikasem for appointment of new PM under Article 7

4-7-2014-9-23-50-PM1-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Former Democrat MP Thavorn Senniem, now a co-leader of the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC), thanked caretaker Justice Minister Chaikasem Nitisiri to propose royal appointment of a new prime minister in case caretaker prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra is ruled guilty by the Constitutional Court and has to step down.

Thavorn, the legal expert, said Mr Chaikasem stated that the caretaker government needs to perform duties as usual citing Article 181 of the Constitution and to propose the appointment of the new prime minister under Article 7 for royal endorsement in case caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck is ruled guilty by the court for illegitimate removal of the former national security chief Thawil Pliensri and has to terminate her caretaker premiership.

Thavorn said statement by the caretaker justice minister merely demonstrated that what the caretaker premier always argued that she cannot step down because she is acting on caretaker role and has to continue performing duties, is all wrong.
It showed that the caretaker government instead accepts the Constitution and also accepts Article 180 for unlawfully removing the former security chief.

It also stressed that all attempts by the caretaker government to distort facts, to stubbornly defend its legitimacy to remain in power has now come to deadlock with no way out now, he said.

Thavorn said the caretaker government is now driven to the corner, thanks to his proposal for a new prime minister under Article 7 which reflects that the ruling party now accepts Article 7 is a solution to resolve the political impasse.
But the former Songkhla MP questioned if a government with repeated wrongdoings still has legitimate power to propose a new prime minister for royal endorsement.

The ruling Pheu Thai and its redshirt supporters are always against the appointment of a new prime minister under Article 7 reasoning it was undemocratic and also vowed to oppose to the end.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/thavorn-thanks-chaikasem-appointment-new-pm-article-7/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=thavorn-thanks-chaikasem-appointment-new-pm-article-7

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-04-12

• Like 1

The ruling Pheu Thai and its redshirt supporters are always against the appointment of a new prime minister under Article 7 reasoning it was undemocratic and also vowed to oppose to the end.

Well I would say that you are less than a week from the end, so do what you can in the little amount of time you have left.

New PM,

Open special senate session,

Remove cabinet,

Replace them..

Crush rebellion.

Done!

• Like 1

Well I would say that you are less than a week from the end, so do what you can in the little amount of time you have left.

New PM,

Remove cabinet,

Replace them..

Crush rebellion.

Done!

New PM,

Remove cabinet,

Replace them..

Crush rebellion.

International sanctions

Guerilla warfare

Collapsed economy

Counter-coup

Democracy revived

Red rule

Red rule

Red rule

Red rule

Red rule

etc. etc.etc.

• Like 1

So, Thaksin has already decided who will replace his sister.

I wonder who?

His other sister, his ex wife, his cousin, his gardener or his cleaner?

All eager to knoww00t.gif

Chalerm or Tarit. Both have been faithful lapdogs so they deserve a reward.

New PM,

Remove cabinet,

Replace them..

Crush rebellion.

Done!

New PM,

Remove cabinet,

Replace them..

Crush rebellion.

International sanctions

Guerilla warfare

Collapsed economy

Counter-coup

Democracy revived

Red rule

Red rule

Red rule

Red rule

Red rule

etc. etc.etc.

cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifclap2.gif.pagespeed.ce.z5euFoXm0J.gifclap2.gif.pagespeed.ce.z5euFoXm0J.gifclap2.gif.pagespeed.ce.z5euFoXm0J.gif

It really is time for the PTP to accept the voice of the majority and stand down.

They refused to listen to the majority when the amnesty passed through parliament. They refused to listen to the majority when the 2007 referendum was overwhelmingly accepted by the population. They refused to listen when the results of the 2014 election were glaringly against them (by the majority). They refused to listen when the majority wanted a public water management hearing. They refused to listen when the majority want reform before elections.

They cling to an election result 3 years ago. Pre 13 farmers suicides, pre terrorist attacks against innocent protestors. Pre rice scheme failure, pre majority not being respected by the PTP.

It really is time for the PTP to accept the voice of the majority and stand down.

To do otherwise is showing more contempt to the majority voice.

What "majority" are you talking about?

They refused to listen to the majority when the amnesty passed through parliament. They refused to listen to the majority when the 2007 referendum was overwhelmingly accepted by the population. They refused to listen when the results of the 2014 election were glaringly against them (by the majority). They refused to listen when the majority wanted a public water management hearing. They refused to listen when the majority want reform before elections.

They cling to an election result 3 years ago. Pre 13 farmers suicides, pre terrorist attacks against innocent protestors. Pre rice scheme failure, pre majority not being respected by the PTP.

Ummm, the majority I referred to in my post you replied too!!!

Edited by djjamie

6) Do not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel. Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.

Posts have been removed in violation of the above forum rule.

Ummm, the one I referred to in my post you replied too!!!

There were no 2014 election results as such.

They may have lost some support (or not), but there's no way you can say there was a "majority" opposing them.

As for the water projects - not sure how you apply majority to that one. The did try to get them through the back door, true.

Reform before elections - there was no vote or poll on that, so basically wishful thinking.

I have no love for the PTP (or for the PDRC and the Democrat Party) - but there's no need to twist things. There were no elections, no referendum, and opinion polls are suspect. You may believe that the PTP support is weakening, and it may very well be true - but until there's some kind of vote, you're just making things up.

Twisting and disrespecting the majority voice will not silence them. It will make them stronger.

Good to see that Mr. Chalerm will step in soon as new PM.

Happy Songkran...

I sincerely hope so.

A PM that condones being beheaded if he doesn't get a criminal back to Thailand by four months ago.

PTP will fall quicker than a house of cards in the current cyclone in Northern Queensland.

I back your post whole heatedly.

Chalerm for PM...

Happy Songkan too.

Glad your on the DEM's side!

• Like 2

They may have lost some support (or not), but there's no way you can say there was a "majority" opposing them.

As for the water projects - not sure how you apply majority to that one. The did try to get them through the back door, true.

Reform before elections - there was no vote or poll on that, so basically wishful thinking.

I have no love for the PTP (or for the PDRC and the Democrat Party) - but there's no need to twist things. There were no elections, no referendum, and opinion polls are suspect. You may believe that the PTP support is weakening, and it may very well be true - but until there's some kind of vote, you're just making things up.

Twisting and disrespecting the majority voice will not silence them. It will make them stronger.

Again, what majority are you talking about?

I wasn't twisting anything, just stating facts.

Even if the PTP lost some support that does not automatically means that they go over to the opposition.

Besides, wasn't the anti-government line something to do with majority isn't everything?

• Like 2

Again, what majority are you talking about?

Ummm, the majority I stated in the above post you replied too.

The anti-democrats are so certain that they have majority approval that they feel no need to actually win an election before assuming power. Just a needless formality.

An election boycott, coup (be it military or judicial) or a junta-enforced referendum with no alternatives to the one proposed by the... military junta is therefore fully sufficient in their book to establish the will of the majority.

Anti democrats? What the 15/15 democrats or the 1/15th democrats? Elections only, thank you democrats.

The democrats that are banned and dissolved because the broke the law ever time they are elected or the demoratcs that have celebrated over 70 years of upholding democracy.

An LA street gang has a longer life span than the Shin parties regimes. I know of Australian bikey gangs that adhere to their principles more than the PTP do to the democratic principles.

You tell me what the other 14 principles of democracy that the PTP adhere too that I suggest they don't and then I will respect the minority political noise you purport to speak of.

This has to be trolling, if it's not, then nothing is.

The last valid election was 3 years ago. Why? Because the minority boycott and derail elections to avoid hearing what the majority of Thais want to say.

The 2007 referendum was rammed down the peoples throats by the military / coup government.

The 2014 election results showed PTP with over 8 million more votes than the Democrats got.

…...

It's not worth continuing to reply to your post. Everything in it is untrue, false, invalid, incorrect and wrong.

As I said, it can only be trolling.

Nobody would publicly air such obvious stupidity wilfully if it weren't meant to be a joke.

Should it not be a troll post, then you have my pity - how sad it would be to be as such.

...It's not worth continuing to reply to your post. Everything in it is untrue, false, invalid, incorrect and wrong...

You said it, Torquemada, but as usual you can't spell your Red Troll name correctly!

• Like 2

I thought Suthep was going to choose and endorse the new Prime Minister... this Thavorn guy can't go round making statements after Suthep has already said he will take care of everything in his capacity as the sole representative of the Thai people.