pizza real ones

padsterj

Well if you wanted to tell the Italian grandmother who makes these pizzas with imported ingredients that it doesn't taste authentic then you would have do so in Italian because she speaks neither English or Thai.

Italian pizzas are quite different from new york pizzas. Italian crust tends to be crackerlike whereas ny crust is more like a focaccia.

and then some.

florida pizza is NY pizza, thick crust,, the right amount of sause, and good cheese that doesnt soak the crust in oil, or if it does, it doesn cause the crust to collapse,,

if you cannot hold the crust until the end without the rest of it falling off,

you gotta pizza

When I go the restaurant I mentioned I don't even order the pizza but prefer pasta dishes. The only reason that I mentioned it is that, in order to be authentic not just with imported Italian ingredients, the guy imported his Italian Mother to do the cooking.

Edited by JLCrab

Pizza company medium super deluxe panpizza. Take medium because a large is not crispy.

Love this pizza and throw the ketchup away, use the oregano.

I eat this sometimes although I had never seen anything like that until I came to Thailand. It's not what I would call pizza. (In fact I remember reading somewhere something about The World Pizza Association wanting Pizza Company to drop the Pizza from it's name as it wasn't classified as real pizza.)

My idea of a pizza is with a thin crispy crust and just a little topping.

My favourites are Bacco (Sukhumvit 33) and Sol Mio (Thong Lor soi 19).

For those who say pizza is a sickly cheese pie then they haven't tried real pizza. You can determine yourself how much or what kind of cheese you want.

• Like 1

Thailand pizza is depressing. Americans eat more pizza than any country in the world, yet it is not really considered traditional pizza. Regardless, oh how I miss Round Table Pizza. Medium cracker crust, buckets of cheese and meaty helpings. Now that's a pizza.

As my native Itallian friend has explained to me when I asked about pizza:

"Italy is a long narrow country and every 20km there are different pizzas. Near the sea, they put fish, squid, shrimp. In the hot areas, sun dried tomatoes. Dozens of different meats, cheeses, sausages, vegetables... different pizza everywhere."

Purists in the Naples area insist there are only two kinds of authentic pizzas. "Marinara"(fisherman's wife) is flat bread with olive oil, fresh tomato, garlic, and oregano. This no cheese, no tomato sauce version is what granma Mangionni cooked up in the neighborhood of my youth. We called it "white pizza."

The second kind is the more familiar "Margherita" supposedly named after Queen Margherita in the 1890s. The green basil leaves, white mozzerella, and red fresh tomatoes evoked the colors of the Italian flag and was her favorite. There was cheese but no tomato sauce.

So claiming authenticity when describing/preparing/eating your favorite pizza is very subjective.

'nuff said

~

• Like 2

I had a great pizza in Fang of all places, vego pizza's are few and far between but the lady who made this pizza certainly learnt from someone who knew how to make a pizza, maybe it was from the maker of the best margherita pizza in the world who lives right hear in Melbourne.

http://www.foodspotting.com/places/862419-n-n-pizza-/items/686917-vego-pizza

http://www.pedestrian.tv/news/arts-and-culture/best-pizza-in-the-world-its-in-melbourne/e5046f0c-da84-4d67-a51a-af776edaed95.htm

Best pizza I have had thus far...in 12 years....or 16 total....is 2 hours from Bkk towards Korat....outstanding.

In fact going there tonight to get 3 takeaways for 4 people...we have it for breakfast also...cold.....delish.

I had a great pizza in Fang of all places, vego pizza's are few and far between but the lady who made this pizza certainly learnt from someone who knew how to make a pizza, maybe it was from the maker of the best margherita pizza in the world who lives right hear in Melbourne.

http://www.foodspotting.com/places/862419-n-n-pizza-/items/686917-vego-pizza

http://www.pedestrian.tv/news/arts-and-culture/best-pizza-in-the-world-its-in-melbourne/e5046f0c-da84-4d67-a51a-af776edaed95.htm

2 best pizza locales in Melb are...or were 12 years ago.....toorak rd just around corner from chapel st on left side heading towards city.....and south melb, clarendon st, opposite woolworths or coles whichever it

Best pizza I have had thus far...in 12 years....or 16 total....is 2 hours from Bkk towards Korat....outstanding.

In fact going there tonight to get 3 takeaways for 4 people...we have it for breakfast also...cold.....delish.

Might help if you said where?? Pakchong???

I am putting my 2 cents in for NEW YORK PIZZA on Soi Nana about 400m from Suk.

I lived in NYC a short time and visited quite a lot and the joint above is most authentic. Thin crust and sold by the slice. You pick the slice up, fold it in half long-wise and chomp the pointy end first.

mmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

'nuff said

~

The New York Diner at Nichada Thani is very good for pizzas,

https://www.facebook.com/newyorkdiner.nyd

Hello All, this is what a Thai thinks of the American pizza taste's like.

this if from the other English BKK paper in the Learning Eng. section

a coupe of days back.

rice555

"When I first came here, I didn't' know what real American food was – and I still don't

because it is a mixture from many countries. I think that Thai pizza is better than

American pizza because the toppings are fresher and sweeter."

If you're in the north of Bangkok, do yourself a favour and visit Make Me Wine. It's an Italian restaurant in Lam Luk Ka, run by an Italian and his Thai wife. Pizzas are delicious and only around 250-350 baht each. They also serve other pasta dishes but I've not tried them yet. Their bruschetta (sp) is also very good.

• Like 1

Hello All, this is what a Thai thinks of the American pizza taste's like.

this if from the other English BKK paper in the Learning Eng. section

a coupe of days back.

rice555

"When I first came here, I didn't' know what real American food was and I still don't[/size]

because it is a [/size]mixture[/size] from many countries. I think that Thai pizza is better than[/size]

American pizza because the [/size]toppings[/size] are fresher and sweeter."[/size]

[/size]

If they have not been to America, they don't know what American pizzas taste like. Pizza Hut is a poor example of America pizzas - they are about the worst that you can get over there - but Pizza Hut in Thailand does not taste like Pizza Hut in America. They do not even have New York crust, which is the default in USA.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Hello All, the kid in the article is going to school in UT, but has also visited NYC.

I grew up in the Bay Area and was happy with the local Mom & Pop pizza shops.

Went to school with a bent nose cheese maker's son in SJ, they supplied most

of the restro's in the Bay Area back in the 60's, Precious

rice555

• 2 weeks later...

Great pizza comes from New Haven. There is no other pizza as good in America, so I can not expect as much in BKK.

At this point, Pala is the best in town. I am not a thick crust person, but at least it tastes good.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, yeah, I know, it's sacrilege to all you pizza Nazis, but having nothing here in PHS other than Pizza Company and Pizza Hut that I know of, we ordered a large pan super supreme last night from Pizza Hut and it was quite respectable and I'd eat it again in the future.

The only pizzas I eat here are the ones I make myself. Using premium ingredients, I spend more than the ฿250 to ฿300.- quoted above. That's why it is so difficult to find a good pizza in Thailand. Parmesan and Mozarella? ฿750/Kg, go on from there....

There is an Italian-run place in Jomtien called Salotto. I do not know the precise soi, but it is on beach road, right before you get to the "sandpit/open market" area. The owner is Italian. The pizza's are very good (the best pizza I have had in Thailand). He takes pride in his crust, which he says is "crispy on the outside and soft on the inside." It is a thin-crust pizza. He puts a lot of incredients on it: pork, black olives, mushrooms, artichokes......does not overwhelm it with too much cheese and sauce. He also will bring olive oil to the table and if you ask, fresh parmegian (sp?) cheese. I am hooked on his pizza. No, I have no financial interest in the place at all. You can sit there and watch the waves and have a good pizza.