Great Ad on Craigslist

ricklev

^

Maybe, but it's not exactly a forthcoming ad and makes it sound like a dead battery is the only issue, and it perfectly illustrates the reason why I'll never buy a used bike in LOS unless I know the person selling it personally (or through some other medium like a forum where I can get a sense of who they are).

Yes, 'buyer beware' and all that, but still...

Edited by RubberSideDown

For sure, RSD has a good point too - only from a known source.

But if cheap enuf, I would grab it. Most stuff is small potatoes to repair if you have the knowledge and tools.

Not sure what would be cheap enough for that - an 18 year old bike with no known history, no legal paperwork and the 'piece de resistance'? It doesn't run... laugh.png

I think I'd rather take the 50,000 baht...

• Like 1

There was an S1000RR in LOS that had its engine grenade a couple years ago (the entire saga was documented on a few other sites)- it was found to have been serviced by an unauthorized dealer, there was evidence it had been in at least one (and probably two) accidents, and it was a huge sh!t-show getting it repaired as BMW didn't want anything to do with it- it showed up on Baht-Sold not long after as 'never been down' and no mention of the mechanical issues- somebody bought it, and I wonder if they ever got the whole story...

Be careful out there.;)

Things that make you go HMMMM. Probably not a great idea posting that a great bike that runs well (although it is dead at the moment) on open forums asking for help in 3 or 4 major problems. If the bike had paperwork and was 25,000 baht it would be worth restoring it. Having an engine rebuilt in LOS could be like the bubonic plague. You never know what your getting if Somchai is really a somtam cook & has been embibing copius amounts of Loa Kao & trying to remember where the washer that dropped into the crankcase went. DOH! Hard to tell on this one as it didn't list an engine rebuild but that many kilos on a 400 if it hasn't been gone through I am sure it is close to a teardown anyway. That & it sounds like it may be way more than 15,000 baht to fix as stated in the price going back up to 65,000 if he fixes it. The bike does look nice though. If it were an 800-900cc it would be way more enticing......But I am not at all into emmisions &Trying to re-book it with all the nowaday complications with the DLT.

Now the Duke on the other post looked worthy. He made it out to be a rel sexy babe & had a flair for embellishment of the right kind.

Edited by Beardog
  • Like 1