2 Teenagers Arrested For Khaosan Road Murder

Lite Beer

RIP to the dead kid, my prayers are with his family. I hope they have a supportive group of friends to comfort them at this tragic time.

This crime is murder, premeditated as they chose pre-event to go out carrying weapons of murder. There is no reason to carry a knife unless you intend to kill or seriously injure somebody. They should get jail time life-meaning-life, and it should be broadcast loudly as a warning to others.

Why are they arresting these kids? They cant even arrest suthep for ALL the charges against him????????????????????

obsessed:

To have the mind excessively preoccupied with a single emotion or topic

• Like 1

Why are they arresting these kids? They cant even arrest suthep for ALL the charges against him????????????????????

ah. You even had to add multiple qm's to such a purile comment

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So stupid to have a young life end this way. But when you have a society that places no value on life, with parents who never bother to teach morals and ethics to their kids, and a knife or gun is always handy to end an argument, what do you expect?

EDIT: And people ask why I don't join in Songkran any more.

Are you referring to parents in the US, the UK, other Western countries or Thailand? There are plenty of examples of bad parenting and segments of society that lack morals and ethics in the world.

So stupid to have a young life end this way. But when you have a society that places no value on life, with parents who never bother to teach morals and ethics to their kids, and a knife or gun is always handy to end an argument, what do you expect?

Total crap.

This type of thuggery and violence is not exclusive to Thailand.

Do your own research, take a look at all the violence and murders that used to occur at the London UK Notting Hill carnival for example, plus the frequent violence and many murders per year that happen during the late night animal chucking out times of the UK`s clubs and pubs, including the scum that are the scourge of Britain`s football matches, even travelling abroad to reap havoc.

In all societies there are the mindless thugs, nothing different about Thailand in this respect.

Total crap.

Do your own research, take a look at all the violence and murders that used to occur at the London UK Notting Hill carnival for example, plus the frequent violence and many murders per year that happen during the late night animal chucking out times of the UK`s clubs and pubs, including the scum that are the scourge of Britain`s football matches, even travelling abroad to reap havoc.

In all societies there are the mindless thugs, nothing different about Thailand in this respect.

It always strikes me that so many Westerners cannot get past the anecdotal fallacy that

if I can find an occurrence of something in place A, and

if I can find an occurrence of something in place B, then

the two places are equivalent in this regard.

As always, the difference lies in the DEGREE. And, there is is NOT the same. Jeez. All the education for what.

Total crap.

It always strikes me that so many Westerners cannot get past the anecdotal fallacy that

if I can find an occurrence of something in place A, and

if I can find an occurrence of something in place B, then

the two places are equivalent in this regard.

As always, the difference lies in the DEGREE. And, there is is NOT the same. Jeez. All the education for what.

The statement of Just1Voice “But when you have a society that places no value on life, with parents who never bother to teach morals and ethics to their kids” is not fact and not true. Never he said, meaning in his words there are no exceptions to the rule or this applies to the majority of Thais.

His information is totally bias, he is portraying all Thai people as having the same traits so therefore he is just another bigoted Thai basher and what I said previously still stands, he is talking a load of crap.

As regards the levels of thuggery in Thailand compared to that in many Western countries, my money`s on the Thai people having the most respect and being the best behaved any time.

I was invited by some Thai friends to go with them to KSR this year.

The street was packed and we were in the crowd shuffling slowly forward when perhaps 10 meters behind us people started screaming and then the crowd started to stampede....

I managed to pull my Thai friend and his girlfriend to the side of the street, we were being crushed against the (closed) shop fronts and people were obviously in distress. I thought maybe someone had pulled a gun or something but noone seemed to know what made the crowd stampede.

We eventually managed to move and got down a small side alley.

After hiding out in the alley we ventured back into the main street. The road was littered with flip flops and shoes people had lost in the panic.....

My friends and I then went and found a bar to sit out the rest of the evening.

I'm guessing this stabbing was what caused the panic and the stampede. I'm honestly amazed no-one else was injured.

I was in the crowd in Lan Kwai Fong in Hong Kong on New Year 1993 when 21 people were killed and 63 injured so being caught in this stampede in KSR brought back memories of that.....

Was that on Rambuttri?

We were sitting in the restaurant on the bend (with a soggy club sandwich) and witnessed a very similar incident. A group of young idiots in the middle of the throng got into a scrap - one of them smashed a bottle on the ground and pushed it into someone's back. I've never seen a crowd of people disperse so quickly ... the fences around the restaurants were being knocked down, signs and tables went everywhere and panicked people were literally climbing over each other trying to get away. Most hadn't even seen what was going on but fled simply because others started screaming and running. The bottle made a loud pop when the guy smashed it so I think peoples initial thoughts were that it was some kind of explosion.

The whole thing was scarier than the fight itself and had the potential to end nastily.

The situation really was quite frightening despite the heavily manned police checkpoints at both ends of each road - can't work out why they keep letting the crowd pack in like two serves of sardines in one tin rather than stopping access for five minutes every now and then. It's a disaster waiting to happen.

Must say though, the police and medics somehow got through and were on the scene in very short order.

(this wasn't the incident in the article).

I was witness to a similar incident a year ago where two groups of teenagers went at it in the midst of a new years party. But that time they had a gun and it was an innocent tourist who was shot by accident. Seems to be a very bad trend occuring these days with using knives and guns.

I can't help but think that Thai TV is adding to this trend because half the time I glance at some show they have someone fighting and often glorifying it with some lethal weapon. This is one very bad habit they picked up from the western media and they really need to re-evaluate what kind of role models they are given the children.

Can't think of anywhere else I would rather not be in songkran than Khaosan Road!! On the plus side, at least the soap dodging farangs who go down there have had 1 bath this year.

Khaosan Road is way more preferable than some of the sleazy areas such as Nana - now that where the dirty little farangs hang out imo!
I avoid anywhere farangs go full stop Edited by johninbkk71