Red Lion And O Malleys

mistymateasia68

I always have a couple of pints of lager in the red Lion when I visit C.M............coz its there :o

and then go round the corner into the market and have another couple of........................... :D

Vomits!!!

I made the mistake (again) of trying to eat "food" in O'malley's. Why do I bother! nearly raw chicken in a soggy covering (I think it was breadcrumbs or maybe batter.) I took one bite and spat it out. Complained to the "bitch" and was told that it was OK. Like a fool I asked for tomato soup thinking you can't possibly go wrong with that. I have had the tomato soup there before and enjoyed it. Wrong hot wet red water with a nice piece of bread and butter. Again told it was normal!! They have also recruited a clone for the bitch. I have not seen this woman before but she will be giving Rose a run for her money

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhmm. Don't you think this item is getting a wee bit thin in the interest division? It seems that it is the same few (bless their cotton socks) who are protracting this issue. Maybe they're the owners of the 2 establishments referenced in the post. Cute way of by passing the "No commercial spam" rule. Heads up moderators!

Or maybe a fairer solution would be to alternate the establishments from time to time. E.g. The QV and The Olde Bell :o Whatever.

Just a ('Newbie') thought.

Cheers.

Edited by ex Toon Army

Vomits!!!

I made the mistake (again) of trying to eat "food" in O'malley's. Why do I bother! nearly raw chicken in a soggy covering (I think it was breadcrumbs or maybe batter.) I took one bite and spat it out. Complained to the "bitch" and was told that it was OK. Like a fool I asked for tomato soup thinking you can't possibly go wrong with that. I have had the tomato soup there before and enjoyed it. Wrong hot wet red water with a nice piece of bread and butter. Again told it was normal!! They have also recruited a clone for the bitch. I have not seen this woman before but she will be giving Rose a run for her money

It seems you were a little dissatisfied Scottie D.

How was that one Meadish? Not worthy of deleting? :o

Vomits!!!

It seems you were a little dissatisfied Scottie D.

How was that one Meadish? Not worthy of deleting? :D

Having luckily caught, for a brief instant, your first and now, sadly, deleted post, I can honestly say that the first was far superior to the second. :o

• 2 weeks later...
Do anyone know if they serve Pizza in any of these places?

:o:D :D

Would anyone recognize, by size, shape, color or smell what type of food they received in either establishment

Are you connected with a food and drink business in Chiang Mai ?

Do anyone know if they serve Pizza in any of these places?

:o:D :D

Would anyone recognize, by size, shape, color or smell what type of food they received in either establishment

Are you connected with a food and drink business in Chiang Mai ?

Of course I am connected with food and drink business(es) I like good food, drinks and service when I can find them. Dukes, The Pub, Mad Dog, Riverside, Olde Bell, Canteen, Laughing Lep etc etc. I HATE bad food and bad service. If a place is good I will praise it. If it is C**p I will say so (and have the right to so do). That is what forums are about is it not.

I had Fish & Chips at The Red Lion tonight and it was wonderful. :o

The staff must have had some training in how to treat their customers...there was also a little form in with the toothpicks asking about how you rated the place...I never had a pen so I could not fill it in with a toothpick.

But they sure were smiling...lets hope it continues

No sign of the grumpy fat gal.....all in all a pleasurable experience

• 2 weeks later...

Was in the area of O'malley's this evening and thought I'd give it another chance, and drop in for a quick one!!! It's just as well I wasn't thirsty....having propped at the bar for quite some time, there was no attempt to serve me, so I walked out. That has really got to be the last time...totally useless!!

Was in the area of O'malley's this evening and thought I'd give it another chance, and drop in for a quick one!!!

You should try going for a drink next time? :D

Hummm.... was that what was wrong :o

Don't listen to them MM

The beer comes with a handle on one side of the head

At Big O's a quick one comes with a handle on both sides of the head :D:D so double the price I guess....

what was that about 2 heads being better than one ??????

• 2 weeks later...

Been here 9 years and only went into O'malleys for the first time tonight..Would have to say that the service was superb and the food excellent. And last but not least, the "Guinness" on tap was sublime..Great atmosphere to boot..Maybe someone read the reports on here and kicked some backsides, if they did it worked, if not , i just got lucky..Shall return..

And last but not least, the "Guinness" on tap was sublime..Great atmosphere to boot..

You're into your Malaysian stout then? :o

I have found the atmosphere to be pretty good in there at times to be fair.

I am an Aussie not a pom, i don't sweat the small stuff. If it tastes good, it is good.. :D

I will be going down from Pai to Chiang Mai next month (Sunday 11th) for a celebration. It is our wedding anniversary on the 11th and my birthday on the 15th.

I would like somewhere nice to take the missus for a meal and maybe a Guinness. Exactly where where is O 'Malleys (for a boy from the bush), I know where Tha Pae gate and the airport are and usually manage to find Lotus but where is the pub with lots of beer?

Thanks,

Colin

Anusarn Market.

Go along Chang Klan past the infamous "Night Bazaar" keep going you'll see McDonalds on your left take the first proper turn to the left after McDonalds.

O'Malleys is immedietly on your right.

Edited by lamphun