Passenger brawl heralds end of Metal Age for Thai Airways

webfact

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better just to do away with the Chinese passengers. They are causing more problems here then the Russians.

Thailand needs them TAT says so--they want the HIGH END market.

Westerners must be the low end. Thai forget the Westerners set them up in the tourist industry initially.

Similar to the Arab nations -Western tech paved the way for them -now they are a necessary evil.

Better just to do away with the Chinese passengers. They are causing more problems here then the Russians.

Thailand needs them TAT says so--they want the HIGH END market.

Westerners must be the low end. Thai forget the Westerners set them up in the tourist industry initially.

Similar to the Arab nations -Western tech paved the way for them -now they are a necessary evil.

true.true maybe us westerners have out grown our welcome now..the country would be nigh on bankrupt with out the western input from a variety of sources..having said that its almost down the pan now isnt it..w00t.gif

• Like 1

I remember my first day trip to Koh Phi Phi many years ago, which included free lunch and which had a large contingent of travelling Chinese on it.

They attacked the buffet like Piranha, leaving no food for anyone else, then proceeded to vomit it all over the place on the return trip.

• Like 1

I'd say "get used to it". Chinese tourists are of greater value than the bar stool set and those who take pleasure in seeing young women fire sharp objects from their genitals.

Get out and about man, I know of countless baht taxis going to these girlie SHOWS, it is common knowledge, they like the sexy things like other nations --are you portraying then as sexless in Pattaya/Nana/ elsewhere ???/

Greater value. Give me some figures of money spent --and indirectly spent here, no not just stats from tourism sections/operators. Sorry you are way out with your judgment.

Shear numbers they may well up on tourist figures, CASH spent HERE Never. Cash though operators maybe---spot the difference. ???

• Like 2

I'd say "get used to it". Chinese tourists are of greater value than the bar stool set and those who take pleasure in seeing young women fire sharp objects from their genitals.

Get out and about man, I know of countless baht taxis going to these girlie SHOWS, it is common knowledge, they like the sexy things like other nations --are you portraying then as sexless in Pattaya/Nana/ elsewhere ???/

Greater value. Give me some figures of money spent --and indirectly spent here, no not just stats from tourism sections/operators. Sorry you are way out with your judgment.

Shear numbers they may well up on tourist figures, CASH spent HERE Never. Cash though operators maybe---spot the difference. ???

In contrast to the racist rants of some posters, many in the REAL hospitality sector like guests from China. Margins might be low but they are generally trouble free, unlike the hordes of low rent westerners here many of whom seem to think the world owes them a living. The Chinese are new to travelling. They mean no offence. But they are stereotyped in the same way it used to be common ( maybe still is?) to characterize English as dirty and unwashed, Americans as loudmouthed, Australians as drunks, Germans as boors, etc etc . It's tiresome to hear the same crap about the Chinese ad nauseum

Edited by Prbkk
  • Like 1

In contrast to the racist rants of some posters, many in the REAL hospitality sector like guests from China. Margins might be low but they are generally trouble free, unlike the hordes of low rent westerners here many of whom seem to think the world owes them a living. The Chinese are new to travelling. They mean no offence. But they are stereotyped in the same way it used to be common ( maybe still is?) to characterize English as dirty and unwashed, Americans as loudmouthed, Australians as drunks, Germans as boors, etc etc . It's tiresome to hear the same crap about the Chinese ad nauseum

Many as you say like them, fair enough..... depends what tourists types you are talking about, as westerners they have all types, so defend the good and slag the bad the same as I do.

English dirty and unwashed ??? and the rest. ha ha where are you from outer Mongolia ??

I spent some time in the Savoy group, and spent some time in Pattaya, different clients. Posters are posting about their experiences with these types that are uncouth-poor spenders.

The Chinese were near the first to travel to distant lands.

Do not take on board that all posters are racist because they encounter SOME Chinese here that DO NOT mix with Thais as Westerners do.

My Wife is Thai/Chinese and she eats quiet. I've been to so many Chinese restaurants in so many cities and never heard anyone eating loudly. Have several Chinese friends and all eat normally.

I am happy for you and your wife.

Previously I posted: Not sure what transpired to drive the guy to the extreme of attacking the other one but I'll say this. I have been to many places in China and eaten at many of their restaurants and I felt like doing the same thing at times.

This was all in mainland China. It wasn’t that you could actually hear people eating as chewing their food but everyone at the table was talking extremely loud all at the same time trying to drown out everyone else. If there were ten tables occupied the noise was multiplied by ten. There was no way to enjoy a meal.

I do not paint all Chinese people with the same brush because of this. There were times I had business dinners with Chinese company executives. We would go to an upscale restaurant and it was totally different. Nice quite atmosphere and very enjoyable. I use to work in Singapore and it was the same there. You go into a restaurant and people carry on a normal conversation in a normal tone of voice. As a matter of fact my colleagues told me more than once they didn’t like mainland Chinese people coming to Singapore because they were ill-mannered.

• Like 1

...but... ping pong balls are round - no sharp ends!

• Like 1

Why not just give plastic chopsticks to the Chinese pax?

wood or plastic....a chopstick can inflict more serious injury that a airplane metal knife or spoon would.

but whatever, Thai Airways also need to justify the cost cutting some ways; it is one of them.

Here in CNX my wife has a Thai friend who owns a very nice restaurant here with is wife. They finally put up a sign out front in Thai, English and Chinese that clearly states: "SORRY, NO CHINESE ALLOWED" due to their obnoxious eating habits, which were driving away all of his Thai and other customers.

I wonder what Bruce Lee would have thought of it all.

leenodogs_zpsec38e9d4.jpeg

What's really interesting is that 2 Chinese were fighting over the sound one of them were making whilst eating.

During my several years in China I learned that slurping food when eating acts to cool the food down and is done by both male and female as a matter of norm, so why one would be offended by another is beyond me. I think there was more to it.

the people who think the world owes them a living are the young people surely you knew that..the older ones on here like me have either made their living or are still working..as for the uk.us aus and germans i doubt any on here would deem it racist or offensive they probably couldnt give a toss....if its tiresome to you dont read/and dont reply to the topic its simple and you wont get upset.

Excellent post. thumbsup.gif

Are mainland Chinese tourists really that bad ?

I've got to say, surely, in Pattaya, practically none of the drunken violence from tourists are from Chinese tourists ? Okay, so loads of 'Asian tour groups' (they're mainly from mainland China) turn up at Walking Street and elsewhere in Pattaya, correct, it appears to be that they spend hardly any money in the bars and other places. But, they do stay in the hotels, and surely, the massive increase of Chinese tourists in the last ten years has been one of the reasons for all the new hotels that have been built ? Construction of these hotels has surely meant jobs for Thais, and Thais also work in these hotels ?

I really do think, they might be a bit rude, just like most Russians, and they might make loads of noises when eating. But, at the end of the day, we're going to have to get use to them. It does look like that their numbers will be increasing considerably in the coming years. As for the Thais preferring tourists that are not from mainland China, well, I'm not sure. Supposedly, Pattaya is trying to get away from being a place for sex tourists, it might be the case that the Thais want to concentrate on selling over-priced sea-food to Chinese tourists !

And they want to build more condos for more (drunken) Russians, and build more hotels to cater for the increasing number of mainland Chinese tour groups ! :)

Really, this thread is full of racist clap-trap, much of it deeply offensive..

Deleting one's account helps for those who are offended by everything such as others' viewpoints..

Edited by gemini81