Heartwarming Thai Commercial - Get the tissues ready

george

Money is not everything when our body collapse we didn't take away any single cent, some politician to gain power and wealth willing to sacrifice many innocence life. Happiness is not how much you gain but is how much you can give!

Happiness is not how much you gain but is how much you can give!

Agreed,

but most people, all over the world, only think about themselves.

People always complain about everything and everybody.

A little someting everybody can do here in Thailand:

Save all your empty bottles and cans in a separate bag.

Just hand that bag over the a "garbage/bottle" collector. Or place it separate next to the trashbin when full.

These people are hard working in a filthy "job". They deserve respect for this, since it is a honest job to take care of their family.

Now you also can do a good deed everyday.

Edited by ronthai
  • Like 1

I think this ad is inspiring to what we all could simply adhere to in practice and principal, there is enough greed in this world and a fear based society has no other aim other than to have more, yet when giving is simply the idea of giving of yourself for no other aim than you are able to help someone else breeds more blessings than you can count..to change the world to a better place just put a smile on someone else's face.

• Like 1

I have plenty to do helping the extended family here, and they have seriousy helped me out in the past. This probably is the Thai way, none of us go to the temple or subsidise monks.

I have got used to being ignored in traffic when I let people go before me, but the occasional THANK YOU really makes my day.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Last time I gave money to a 'blind' singer and his wife that was leading him, they got to the corner, walked to a tuk tuk, he hoped in and drove away.

Haven't given anything since, not gonna give anything again. I tell them to ask the rich Thais as they are rich, Buddhist, and Thais love Thai. :)

Can't watch the Youtube as I've run out of 3G balance, and even if I had balance it would be a hit or miss, but is this the same video that has been posted 3 times on this forum already ?

It was reported this morning that the topic is already running. Wonder why this topic hasn't been closed and redirected; Mods?

The video is an advert and as far as I see it, its content, while pulling at the heart strings, has a tenuous link at best to the life insurance its selling.

Edited by katana

Sadly, anyone who's lived here in Thailand for any length of time knows that Thais are not even remotely as selfless (outside their families and closest friends) as they try to make themselves believe.

Selfish Chinese colony the lot

• Like 1

All of you who plan to be generous, think about how little Thais do for us. Don't be mugs

To be compassionate is to be generous without expecting anything in return. To expect from another is to be selfish and a bum! To be generous is to show others the right way to behave in this selfish world of ours.

Two wrongs don't make a right!

As for Thais doing little for us, that has certainly not been my experience. If it is your experience, perhaps you have the wrong attitude towards Thais generally and your negative feelings towards them causes your negative experiences. I hope this changes for you.

• Like 2

Good way to show Thailand to the world. And not the stereotypical view the media has presented.

Yes, it is a good way to show Thailand to the world.

However, as one member of the MEDIA who has provided POSITIVE Print, Radio and Television stories on Thailand over some 30+ Years, I can tell you that the MAJORITY of people working for Reputable Media outlets do NOT give Thailand a bad wrap, unless it is deserved and then it is done in a fair and balanced fashion.

• Like 2

I'm not generally susceptible to marketing strategies, and I'm not about to rush out and buy life insurance from this company.

However, if I would be telling a fib if I said this commercial didn't force some introspection for a while afterward. Showed it to my wife, she watered up and said, "Yes, that's right".

Have to maintain a cynical edge these days. Too many dodgy scammers out there willing to pull your pants down if you show weakness. I only hope I can still recognize a sudden, random chance to do something good if it presents itself, and just do it.

Many of you blokes choked up by this video are the same types who fall victim to the Thai bar girls and other whores who manipulate your hearts.

These sappy ads are created for filthy rich, luxury car driving, classless Chinese (Thai) business leaders who wouldn't give you a Baht if you needed one to get a life-saving surgery. I doubt most of you bar stool types have worked here in any significant capacity for a real company. Those of us a bit more switched on will know this. Pathetic that farangs are falling for this crap. If the same commercial were run in the UK or OZ etc most of you would not have the same reaction.

I know. Thais are small, and cute and exotic, so the ads must be true here.

Ridiculous

Edited by PaullyW

Many of you blokes choked up by this video are the same types who fall victim to the Thai bar girls and other whores who manipulate your hearts.

These sappy ads are created for filthy rich, luxury car driving, classless Chinese (Thai) business leaders who wouldn't give you a Baht if you needed one to get a life-saving surgery. I doubt most of you bar stool types have worked here in any significant capacity for a real company. Those of us a bit more switched on will know this. Pathetic that farangs are falling for this crap. If the same commercial were run in the UK or OZ etc most of you would not have the same reaction.

Ridiculous

3 posts? Why are you so obsessed?

• Like 2

Ridiculous

These ads are run for people like you, that despite your rough tough , you cant fool me type! cynical as shit and a hard heart,that wouldn't stop to help a dying dog, your switched on! to what! the old story of if your not part of the solution your part of the problem. how many nails did you eat for breakfast today.just for the record when something touches your heart it doesn't mean that your soft, it means you have one! and this ad is designed to get you to look at your own heart and to see what you can do to make the world a nicer place ,I guess ironically from people like you...

Well said.