All Thai women want to marry a foreigner?!?

catweazle08

Ahahahahahaha

No. In general, foreigners get the leftovers. There are plenty of exceptions of course, but most that specifically chase foreigners seem to have something undesirable to most Thai men. Single mother, too old, unattractive, unemployable, ex prostitute (sometimes never stoped), gold digger etc. Some of these aren't bad, nothing wrong with a 35 year old single mother who has a job and is a nice person, but it definitely is undesirable for a great many men, both Thai and foreign. A huge number of farang guys though are dating the absolute bottom of barrel, ugly ex prostitute gold diggers who are taking them for everything they have. Thai guys don't envy us, they laugh at us. I've had so many Thai guys ask me why farang like ugly prostitutes, they seriously don't understand what's going on.

This is pretty much the reality in the LOS.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, they don't. Millions of them marry Thais each year, while only a few marry foreigners. Maybe your "friend", has spent too long time in the gold digger community in Isaan, because among native Bangkok women there are not many marrying, and among Southerners it's downright rare with mixed marriages.

Actually, nowadays the suggestion that 'among Southerners its downright rare with mixed marriages' is not factual. I lived in NST for four years with my Thai wife, and met a fair few foreigners with Thai wives, usually for many of the above stated reasons and mostly because the Thai men they had married dumped them for a newer model. I concede that the ratio is skewed, but not rare.

What is truer is the Southern culture is more conservative and traditional - also generally speaking southern Thais are more prosperous owning huge tracts of plantations, therefore a young Thai lady would have no need to look outside as there are plenty of eligible and financially secure Thai males.

• Like 1

The reality is this. Thailand men are the 4th largest consumer of Alcohol in the world.And on top of that Thai society holds woman as second class citizens behind men. And a lot of Thai men ( not all) but a lot treat woman as such.

In our western culture woman are treated as equals to men and men by and large including myself have a lot of respect for woman .

This double standard in Thailand forces a lot of woman to rethink their options , Many and I mean many Thai woman are not interested in Thai men because of those reasons and opt for someone that is more respective of her.

In general this is a matriarchal society

So what is a womans choice She has many but sees the grass can in fact be greener on the other side

I think your sense of reality is a bit off. Read what the DP25 guy wrote just above--that's reality.

Reality 1: Most of the Thai women that I see with farangs are not the sort of women Thai guys would be remotely interested in.

Reality 2: If Thai women hate Thai men so much, why do most still prefer Thai guys. Especially the best looking Thai women.

But don't listen to me, just look around. Unless you live in Pattaya and spend all your time in the bars.

• Like 1

I think the majority of Thai women do not like living away from Thailand. They are a bit like the farangs who move to Nakorn Nowwhere. They try to convince everyone how much they like living in that Foreign country but mostly they are miserable just like most of the Farangs who move to Nakorn Nowwhere.

Totally agree, bit like marriage, when the honeymoon period is over, reality of what they "have" sinks in.......sad.png

• Like 1

Reality 1: Most of the Thai women that I see with farangs are not the sort of women Thai guys would be remotely interested in

Cobblers. Have you seen some Thai women? They're not all stunning white skinned princesses...Some blokes I know would give their right arms to have the chance to be with a Bar Girl type and when you see their wives, you'll understand why....

Reality 1: Most of the Thai women that I see with farangs are not the sort of women Thai guys would be remotely interested in

Cobblers. Have you seen some Thai women? They're not all stunning white skinned princesses...Some blokes I know would give their right arms to have the chance to be with a Bar Girl type and when you see their wives, you'll understand why....

I'm not sure if you're agreeing with me or not. But it's not that some farangs marry bargirls, it's that they always marry the least attractive ones. If she's a young BG hottie, then it's almost guaranteed she's a short term rental.

The reality is this. Thailand men are the 4th largest consumer of Alcohol in the world.And on top of that Thai society holds woman as second class citizens behind men. And a lot of Thai men ( not all) but a lot treat woman as such.

In our western culture woman are treated as equals to men and men by and large including myself have a lot of respect for woman .

This double standard in Thailand forces a lot of woman to rethink their options , Many and I mean many Thai woman are not interested in Thai men because of those reasons and opt for someone that is more respective of her.

In general this is a matriarchal society

So what is a womans choice She has many but sees the grass can in fact be greener on the other side

I think you may be observing a negative reaction because there are so many female Thai bosses; the PM as an example. There is a large group of cartoons and comic books in Thailand that picture a large Thai wife beating her husband.

In the US, a recent poll of 12,000 workers by the Los Angeles Times, two-thirds reported sex discrimination; 60% saw signs of racism. More than 80% of the executive women in the Wall Street Journal/Gallup study said they believe there are disadvantages to being a woman in the business world.

http://www.feminist.org/research/business/ewb_glass.html

I don't think you know what a Matriarchy is. It is a society in which females, especially mothers, have the central roles of political leadership, moral authority, and control of property.

You said many Thai women don't like Thai men. What percent is many?

• Like 1

Honestly, in a lot of ways, it isn't much different from how most people the world over. If you are from somewhere isolated (usual rural, but maybe not) you will mostly think of your own group for mates. If your area has different types of people around, it may not matter so much. I know guys in other countries who just think of Asian women (just as an example...could be Latin American or African or whatever) as exotic and just not really anything that is a real possibility in their lives. I know other guys who live in major cities who marry Asian women and nobody bats an eye. And the Asian family doesn't mind as they are also deeply involved in the society.

Here, most people grow up and their social reality is almost 100% Thai and foreigners are seen as something strange and even a little (or a lot) scary. They grow up and go to school with Thais and live among Thais and enter the workforce with Thais. It just won't occur to those people that marrying a foreigner is even a thing, except for stories they hear or things they see on television.

Other people here might go to international school, have parents with international jobs (or jobs with internationals) or end up living in areas where foreigners live and then get to know about them and come to see it as a possibility. This goes for bar girls but also for other people working more "regular" jobs.

It's all about a person's experiences and thoughts about their experiences.

Herewith the basic 10 of my "regime":

1. No kids (that includes kids from previous relationship) wanted whatsoever

2. No family (not from me, not from you) around the house

3. I don't buy a house

4. Each our own finances/bank account (In other words: you will have to work and are free to do with your money whatever you want)

5. English as mutual language (it's not my mother tongue either so fair & square)

6. Jazz music or vintage thai folk/ballads only. Luk thung from the 60s and 70s on sunday (I pay the croissants)!

7. No facebook

8. No soap series

9. Tampon: Yes / Sanitary towel: No

10. No worshipping of imaginary friends/supreme beings

Oddly, sofar no Thai woman still wanted to marry me after hearing this and i've been here sooooooo long and i'm soooooooo handsome and soooooooo rich....clap2.gif

Edited by stickylies

I'm not sure if you're agreeing with me or not. But it's not that some farangs marry bargirls, it's that they always marry the least attractive ones. If she's a young BG hottie, then it's almost guaranteed she's a short term rental.

If one has been married a few times in farangland (me) then beautiful or not does not really come into "my" equation, something different does. Must admit I am lucky in the beautiful thing regarding my wife from Isaan. Sorry, but yes, she is part Chinese, just to let the hi-so farangs know...laugh.png

Thai girls in my office said they would never marry a Thai boy cos they treat them like a maid and make them wash their clothes separately, as the men's clothes are more important. Had to laugh at that.

I thought that was standard practice world wide. I guess that's the reason a few Thai girls said I act too much like a Thai man.cheesy.gif

• Like 1

I don't think you can just say it's either this or that.

I, when single, would never date a girl with a family, regardless if she was living on the social or was earning more then I was, some men are fine with that,western or otherwise.

A survey taken in the UK a few years back asked young women aged 18-28 what they were looking for in a man, they said tall dark & hansom, drives a BMW or Mercedes, lives in his own 3 bedroom semi & earns £100k per year.

My wife's friends from uni & the TV & film industry she worked in, never ever wanted to date out of their culture, they are all well educated, some from middle class backgrounds, all have a better standard of living then I do here in the UK. But now they see how happy My wife & I are, some are now thinking to themselves, maybe I should try dating a farang.

But My wife tells them, it's not a fairy tale, it's hard work in the west, it's not for everyone.

We all look for different things in life,no matter what background we come from, could I marry or even date an ex bar girl, not on your life, could a middle class Thai girl date a farrang, sure they can, if they really want to. My wife & I have just set up two of our friends, he's an electrician in London, she went to uni in New York & now works for a major Thai TV company, both 25, works for them.

Guess what I am trying to say is we can't generalise .

• Like 1

As you said Thai people love their country and tradition and most of all their family and friends. It is true they marry foreigners to escape poverty and get better status, but some do really love the person too. I have seen many married with Thai girls and in the end most of them had to leave their country and move to live in Thailand.

So if you want to marry a nice girl who would stay with you in your country the answer is not Thai girl but probably girls from Philippines, Vietnam etc. I have many friends who are happily married and they are staying in their home country. Best of all is that these girls are mostly educated too and will not be a burden on you. They speak good English and make a lovely wives.

• Like 1

jesus you all talk so much crap . go out and get some fresh air and get a life , who realy cares this is a nonsense topic , get a grip and get a life !!

You are reading and posting, you going to join us then in our "get a life"..................laugh.png

Thai girls in my office said they would never marry a Thai boy cos they treat them like a maid and make them wash their clothes separately, as the men's clothes are more important. Had to laugh at that.

I thought that was standard practice world wide. I guess that's the reason a few Thai girls said I act too much like a Thai man.cheesy.gif

I thought every man all over the world went through that pink jockey shorts underwear day? Or the bleach expanding the jockey shorts waist band from 30 to 52 inch day? I vowed always to do my wash after wife #3 ruined all my underwear the same way wife number 2 and 1 had done.

Edited by thailiketoo

Obviously the man is an idiot

All means one hundred percent.

Yesterday, my gals niece said if a foreigner did not pay her 2 million, she would rather have a Thai Man.

All farangs are not rich. Some are just poor guys (on a British Pension, for instance) and make hardly more than a Thai.

So, actually, there are gals that would marry a well off Thai Man over a farang with a small pension.

Generally all Thai bar girl will want to marry farangs.

80% true.. But there is always a chance for a nice guy to meet a nice girl and actually get her to really like him, based on that he is really a nice guy... Just saying..wai.gif

Herewith the basic 10 of my "regime":

1. No kids (that includes kids from previous relationship) wanted whatsoever

2. No family (not from me, not from you) around the house

3. I don't buy a house

4. Each our own finances/bank account (In other words: you will have to work and are free to do with your money whatever you want)

5. English as mutual language (it's not my mother tongue either so fair & square)

6. Jazz music or vintage thai folk/ballads only. Luk thung from the 60s and 70s on sunday (I pay the croissants)!

7. No facebook

8. No soap series

9. Tampon: Yes / Sanitary towel: No

10. No worshipping of imaginary friends/supreme beings

Oddly, sofar no Thai woman still wanted to marry me after hearing this and i've been here sooooooo long and i'm soooooooo handsome and soooooooo rich....clap2.gif

just curious, but why do you prefer tampons to sanitary towels ?

On a second note, don't you think every woman should be able to choose for herself what she would like to use ?

Edited by pokerkid

Obviously there are a lot of happy well adjusted women who are married to Thai men. There are many virtuous women I would say a clear majority. There are many good Thai men who are loyal to their wives.

There are many good Thai women who have been sidelined by unfaithful or drunken Thai husbands. There are many young poor but beautiful Thai women without means. Many of these women see a foreigner as a way out of the trap and rightfully so. I have witnessed many cross cultural marriages that are very successful.

I know a lot of Thai women would like a foreigner because I have been approached a number of times by Thai women. Tempting but I know that monogamy is the healthiest and most secure financially and emotionally.

The biggest two challenges to a marriage are money and sex. Obviously money is a major problem in Thailand and we know of many families split because of money. We know of many young women who are Mia Noi because of money.

It is my belief that Thai women and many South east Asian women have exceptional sexual abilities but without money this is of little value. They are also good mothers when stability is provided. Good cooks also. Housekeeping for many Thai women is difficult. Western standards have not yet arrived but TV and foreigners are changing that.

And so they see a way out. So find a man with money and exchange their exceptional abilities for it. Is that so strange? Adulthood is learning to compromise to get what we want.

My advice to men who want to find a good woman is to request before marriage that they have your children (after marriage if possible ) and that they agree to stay in their native country until such time as they have borne at least two of your children. This should limit any ill begotten plans on the part of the woman. Also keep control of your finances.

Short answer to your question is "NO".

But many who have are happy (as we are after 14 years) & some it did not work.

Same as in every country. Respect understanding & love is required here on both sides.

Maybe there should be a apprenticeship of 3 years before can tie the knot.

Call it a cool off period & education time

I think most Thai women want to marry someone with whom they can be happy. Unfortunately, many Thai women cannot attract the quality of Thai men they can be happy together, often because of her poorly planned decisions earlier in life, such as not studying hard or forgetting to use a condom. As a consequence, they look for a foreigner as he is more accepting of her lack of education, Thai male spawn, etc.

I see it more as a choice of last resorts for many Thai females. There are some well educated, childless young Thai women who look for foreign husbands as they believe, rightly or wrongly that western men make better fathers, are less likely to cheat and so on. I don't know if money has so much to do with it as money will never make you happy long term.

I agree with the start of marrying someone they can be happy with. But then would say along with the poor early choices many Thai women hit the reality of Thai men and are then more favorable to some western men who treat them as equals and with respect something that is sadly lacking from a lot of Thai men.

I believe the term is "Marry" not Merry, is to make happy or be happy as in "Robin hood and his merry men". But Fact being facts is most Farang with a brain come here to play others to marry cause they can't get at home. Myself been there done that twice, Why keep beating a dead horse just be good guy enjoy life help those I can. And be me I wouldn't marry me myself, besides I'm a pain in the butt sometimes but honest about it. That being said I enjoy life and share that joy with those who want it the others I don't bother.wai.gif

No, I'm saying it's cobblers.

I know a fair few blokes whose wives would easily lose beauty contests against warthogs that would probably give their right arms to have the chance of a sniff at even a ropier former/current BG which makes a nonsense of the Stickman myth that Thai women with Westerners are only so because Thai blokes don't want them....