Future leaders? Ferrari-driving rich Thai kids make fools of themselves in Vice video

webfact

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The parents are a large factor. You or I would probably be brats also, if our parents had been hyper-selfish, filthy rich, discriminating against anyone with darker shade of skin (except Tiger Woods or any other rich celebrity). Parents teach their children to wai at Buddhist monks and structures, but it's just a physical mudra. Parents might say, 'don't do drugs' but mainly because they don't want their kids to get mixed up with the law, and therefore embarrass the parents. Meanwhile the parents smoke and drink like punks and/or like the Chaleums, take your pick. Image is much more important than substance. That's the core of what hi-so parents teach their children. Also: Ritual is more important than being real. Lying gets you further than telling the truth. and by all means, never do anything that will get your fingernails or shoes dirty.

• Like 1

The parents are a large factor. You or I would probably be brats also, if our parents had been hyper-selfish, filthy rich, discriminating against anyone with darker shade of skin (except Tiger Woods or any other rich celebrity). Parents teach their children to wai at Buddhist monks and structures, but it's just a physical mudra. Parents might say, 'don't do drugs' but mainly because they don't want their kids to get mixed up with the law, and therefore embarrass the parents. Meanwhile the parents smoke and drink like punks and/or like the Chaleums, take your pick. Image is much more important than substance. That's the core of what hi-so parents teach their children. Also: Ritual is more important than being real. Lying gets you further than telling the truth. and by all means, never do anything that will get your fingernails or shoes dirty.

I expect that when they get drafted, and have to spend two years as an infantry soldier, sharing a barrack room with boys from Isaan and The North, maybe deploying down south for a spell of real soldiering, then this nonsense will be knocked out of them.

Is there a prize for the most naive post of the year on Thai Visa? I must be in the running for it!

Why would they get drafted.. if they already done Army cadets at high school (M4-M6) they are exempt from conscription.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

or pay 30,000 Baht to an understanding officer of the draft commission.Or get drafted, never do a days duty,just get your pay transferred to your commanding officers account. Just a couple of tips Thais have told me.

• Like 2

I guess I'm amazed that there is zero awareness of how their video-taped behavior/comments might be construed by the domestic and international audience?

because they are teens and just like farang teens, they think they are so damn cool.

They seemed alright to me. Honestly.

Okay, they're priviliged and have never known suffering and toiling in the rice paddies, but if they are sincere in what they say about their cause, routing corruption from the electoral process before another election is held, then what's the issue on a personal level?

You cannot use lese majesty as an excuse and go on a witch hunt to throw out a democratically elected government just because they know that the other side will definitely channel the power away from the super elites whom are close with the privy council. Both sides however are run by rich elites.

However I do agree that there is nothing wrong with owning Ferraris' as long as the money is genuinely yours.

So those two are pictured as PDRC protest leaders now.

Strange that their name is never mentioned as protest leader before this day, not on this forum nor in other media.

Did they just get promoted today, or did Coconuts want to make their story a bit more interesting by throwing in some lies ?

These two are definitely not PDRC leaders. It's a shame that VICE Media, as an uber sensational media outlet, has used these two dummies to misinterpret this whole political mess. If anything it's made Uncle Thaksin as a wronged savior of the Thai people.

I'm sure that you are right!

I was just being ironic - after all even if they haven't been in the cadets I don't think anyone expects that they will be called up!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I expect that when they get drafted, and have to spend two years as an infantry soldier, sharing a barrack room with boys from Isaan and The North, maybe deploying down south for a spell of real soldiering, then this nonsense will be knocked out of them.

Is there a prize for the most naive post of the year on Thai Visa? I must be in the running for it!

Why would they get drafted.. if they already done Army cadets at high school (M4-M6) they are exempt from conscription.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'm sure that you are right!

I was just being ironic - after all even if they haven't been in the cadets I don't think anyone expects that they will be called up!

Strange that their name is never mentioned as protest leader before this day, not on this forum nor in other media.

Did they just get promoted today, or did Coconuts want to make their story a bit more interesting by throwing in some lies ?

These two are definitely not PDRC leaders. It's a shame that VICE Media, as an uber sensational media outlet, has used these two dummies to misinterpret this whole political mess. If anything it's made Uncle Thaksin as a wronged savior of the Thai people.

It's too much easy to post denials and not do a bit of research. At least one of them is credited as one of PDRC leaders.

Just use Google, I posted a link from Reuters, just as example, but there are more.

At least Thanat Thanakitamnuay is credited on many articles as one of the PDRC leaders, sure not one of the key leaders!

This doesn't mean that what he thinks is a perfect mirror of the PDRC agenda, but sure shows the face of some of the uber rich boys of Bangkok that fill their mouths with words like "Protect the king" but what they want to protect is their Ferrari collection and the right to do what they want being immune from the country laws.

Edited by newcomer71
  • Like 1

They seemed alright to me. Honestly.

Okay, they're priviliged and have never known suffering and toiling in the rice paddies, but if they are sincere in what they say about their cause, routing corruption from the electoral process before another election is held, then what's the issue on a personal level?

You cannot use lese majesty as an excuse and go on a witch hunt to throw out a democratically elected government just because they know that the other side will definitely channel the power away from the super elites whom are close with the privy council. Both sides however are run by rich elites.

However I do agree that there is nothing wrong with owning Ferraris' as long as the money is genuinely yours.

They claim the democratic process has been corrupted by vote buying and they want to ensure future elections are representative of true democracy.

As we all know, they'd still get the same result but I do agree there was a tinge of the amart in there and yes this is a game between elites . . . on both sides.

I guess they should have donned their Burberry boots and farmer-wear and shot footage in the rice fields to show they are down with the common folk. What a bunch of haters in this thread. I failed to see anything in that video from the two interviewed that would draw my ire.

Following a couple of rich kids around while they drive fancy cars, go clubbing and sit around looking slick transposed with footage of protests and violence completely failed to inform or properly report on the situation. It's not clear what picture VICE was trying to paint but if I knew nothing of the situation I would arrive at a pretty skewed conclusion.

Did you not listen to what they said?

We're constantly being lectured on here that the PDRC are campaigning against corruption or Thaksin or Yingluck or the Rice Subsidy scheme or Elections or whatever it is this week, but we've been told lies.

As far as these two are concerned they're fighting for the right to drive your pony (hiso speak for Ferrari) around Bangkok.

.....................and that doesn't "draw your ire" ?

Actually it is you and your ilk who tend to post the lies on TV.

This is a shallow piece from a questionable 'journal' about rich youngsters behaving like spoiled brats - which far too many offspring of company founders (& corrupt police officers) are.

It's in the upbringing and in my experience the mothers are more responsible because they spoil their sons rotten.

These two haven't actually done anything wrong - yet. But if they do, there's always the corrupt BIB to sort out their problems.

BTW they have every right to drive their 'pony' around Bangkok but 'drive' doesn't mean 'race'.

I'm getting more than a little <deleted> off with people like you calling me a liar. Find one lie in my post above or apologise. You get away with it far too often.

This: '......whatever it is this week, but we've been told lies.'

You have now included hypocrisy as well or do you think that you're the only one entitled to accuse others of being liars?

BTW you posted on Sunday that the Bangkok Post had ridiculed Somchai (of the EC) whereas the Bangkok Post opinion piece that day had nothing to do with Somchai. Another porky or just 'an honest mistake'?

Edited by khunken

pathetic morons and another reason thainess should be hauled in, they are male versions of yl. In any other country someone would take offence and sort them out, here they just pat them on the back.

Male versions of yl? Omg. How sick you are....actually it is funny, but in a sad way. Your life must be miserable.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Carry on, blaming the Thai moron youngsters and forget what's happening in your own countries on a much bigger scale.

Pompous cap doffing plonker supports over indulged plonkers shocker!

Edited by makkam

Did these two attend prestigious American universities like the Shinawatra clones. Who or what defines elite?

The Shins definitely did not go to prestigious American universities. They went to unheard of, no name schools.

The elders didn't exactly go to winner schools with the likes of Sam Houston State, Eastern Kentucky, or Kentucky State. Those sound like mail order degree websites.

'Elite' is being able to accommodate your flunking son by building a university where he can pass and naming it after yourself while you're alive. And where people actually attend it.

Having a satellite in space with your name on it isn't bad either.

Edited by tomyummer

These two punks are so far removed from the reality of the average Thai that they may as well be living in another universe. The cost of any one of the cars the one bitch has would feed the average Thai family for a year. And like he said himself, THIS is the lifestyle they are fighting to preserve.

Disgusting to say the least.

You couldn't be farther from the truth! I can't believe your ignorance!

One of their cars would feed the average Thai village for 10 years!

Did these two attend prestigious American universities like the Shinawatra clones. Who or what defines elite?

The Shins definitely did not go to prestigious American universities. They went to unheard of, no name schools.

The elders didn't exactly go to winner schools with the likes of Sam Houston State, Eastern Kentucky, or Kentucky State. Those sound like mail order degree websites.

'Elite' is being able to accommodate your flunking son by building a university where he can pass and naming it after yourself while you're alive. And where people actually attend it.

You need to learn the difference between Amaart, Hiso and Loaded.

• Like 1

You're right. They didn't offer that class in my school though.

You're right. They didn't offer that class in my school though.

Its a big difference in the Thai discussion.

One of them was shown in the video giving a brief speech on a protest stage but they are clearly not part of the leadership.

• Like 1

Haveing worked many organized events where i was involved in erecting and dismantling stages, for all kinds of events, i can not remember one instance when the companies owner, was invited onstage by the event organizers.

And further, i cant think of a scenario where he would be, unless it was to prove that the stage would not collapse in an elaborate assassination attempt.(but in Thailand, anything is possible).

Monied people equates to powerful people.... Powerful people surround themselves with other powerful people.... And slaves.

Like it or not, these super rich kids will be the countries leaders, sooner or later, or if not, then they will be the best mates who the leaders turn too for advise and solutions to problems that they cant fix themselves.

Unless Thailand goes the way of Stalin, and lines them all up against a wall.... Or was that Hitler? Or Idi Amin, or Polpot, or....