Bored with waiting for Thaivisa

billd766

In the last few weeks it has been getting harder and harder to open pages in ThaiVisa.

In the bottom left hand corner of my screen it says waiting for ThaiVisa, waiting for google aps, waiting for this or that, witing for something else.

At 1.30 pm this afternoon I waited5 minutes to go from content page 9 to content page 10.

There was nothing I was interested in reading so I went onto the next contents page.

Actually I didn't get there at all.

What I got was "I am sorry but the server is busy, please try again in a minute", so I did. 7 TIMES I got the same response.

In the end I closed Thai Visa and started again and it STILL took 4 minutes to log back in and get to page 11.

By the end of contents page 15 of 23 pages I just dumped TVF.

This post came on the back of an email which I responded to.

In the time that I went from contents page 14 to 15 I open another window, read and responded to 6 emails across 2 other email servers.

What IS the problem with Thai Visa?

I can access other forums, newscasts, emails etc but NOT Thai Visa.

I have notice a problem with slowness on Thai Visa, when I forget to turn off Hola .... in Firefox.... When it goes to UK or where ever, it does slow things down and not consistently...

Just a thought, if anyone uses Hola for television.... turn it off! (top right hand corner of page) wink.png

A lot of the problem is Thai ISPs slow international speed. Since the ThaiVisa is hosted in the U.S./California I frequently switch to my VPN service which gives me a U.S. IP address in San Francisco. When using a VPN connecxtionThaiVisa is almost always very responsive...can't say the same during certain times of the day/night when not on VPN. I'm in Bangkok using a True cable/DOCSIS 15Mb speed plan.

Hi,

if it's not too much trouble, could you do some steps to help with troubleshooting? Ideally would be if use firefox or chrome to post the network monitor output.

In Firefox you can go to Firefox -> Web Developed -> Toggle Tools, in Chrome it's Options -> Tools -> Developer Tools.

Then click on Network and reload the thaivisa forum page.

Please post a screenshot if you can with the output or at least the summary, for me the page loads are:

- Chrome 429 requests 11.05s to all elements loaded, 4.63s to initial page display

- Firefox 186 requests, 20.47s to all elements loaded, 9.46s to initial page displayed

As for just "feeling" the forum, for me it seems fine considering that I'm browsing it from Europe, not from Asia, I can see comments and most of the page within 3-4 seconds after a click.

Thank you very much.

Between 5 and 6 this evening I managed to read 4 pages and compose a PM with a 6 page attachment.

Trying to post I had 4 times the server has reset. Please try again.

5.45 this morning after 10minutes gave up.yesterday 4times trying to access a topic no can do error.

If I have a slow connection whether i'm in or out of Thailand the forum hangs waiting for google to load.

A few days ago in Thailand I was also getting error 502 messages when trying to see new content.

Hi,

if it's not too much trouble, could you do some steps to help with troubleshooting? Ideally would be if use firefox or chrome to post the network monitor output.

In Firefox you can go to Firefox -> Web Developed -> Toggle Tools, in Chrome it's Options -> Tools -> Developer Tools.

Then click on Network and reload the thaivisa forum page.

Please post a screenshot if you can with the output or at least the summary, for me the page loads are:

- Chrome 429 requests 11.05s to all elements loaded, 4.63s to initial page display

- Firefox 186 requests, 20.47s to all elements loaded, 9.46s to initial page displayed

As for just "feeling" the forum, for me it seems fine considering that I'm browsing it from Europe, not from Asia, I can see comments and most of the page within 3-4 seconds after a click.

Thank you very much.

I followed your instructions for Firefox and with the Network screen fully open the result was about 2 1/2 screen pages long. I did however get the url which is

http://1-ps.googleusercontent.com/h/www.thaivisa.com/forum/cache/lang_cache/1/ipb.lang.js,qnck=fb99e14e49767998a66e3b7a9956074d.pagespeed.jm.CMLqrEaaqR.js

I will try again to get you the summary.

For some reason today since I came back about 12 o clock the system is much better.

If anyone did something to fix it, I thank you.

If nobody fixed it then leave it as it is.

Just replying quick before you can say it's not working anymore :) , yes there were some changes, no, it's not a strictly server related problem and we're monitoring the problem and working on solutions. It's not a single thing to turn on or off to instantly fix, especially since 95% of the elements from a page come from other servers than the server hosting the forum (this is why more information is needed).

Thank you for your patience