Mobi’s - The New Bar on Lake Mabprachan

Mobis

post-25991-0-07334600-1403938466_thumb.p

Our first ever party was a great success and we had a wonderful crowd who all joined into the spirit of the occasion. We even had a bunch of ‘overflow’ customers on the rented chairs in the forecourt after the bar area itself became choc-a-block.

The live Music was loud, but not TOOOO loud and a majority of the customers stayed for two hours or more – some stayed all evening.

In the small hours the girls, along with some of our female customers, danced up a storm to the heavy, intoxicating beat of Mor lam music.

So a big thanks to all of you who came and helped to make our bash such a resounding success.

To those who are somewhat averse to big crowds, loud noise and parties generally, I can assure you that today we will be back to normal. The music and lights will be turned back down and you will receive your usual personalised service from ‘yours truly’ and the staff.

Tonight from 7 pm, (and every day next week), we will be showing live tennis from Wimbledon and if it isn’t on when you arrive, please ask the cashier and we will put it on for you.

Here are a few ad hoc pics (more on my blog tomorrow)

post-25991-0-99240500-1403938537_thumb.j

post-25991-0-00582200-1403938552_thumb.j

post-25991-0-87092800-1403938563_thumb.j

post-25991-0-90434000-1403938577_thumb.j

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post-25991-0-98801000-1404035666_thumb.p

One Wedding and a Party....

Click below to read my full report of Mobi’s wedding and the Friday night bash, along with an extensive selection of party snaps on today’s new blog posting.

http://mobithailand.com/

And don’t forget that we are still showing live coverage of Wimbledon Tennis every day from 7 p.m until the close of the tournament next weekend.

Edited by Mobi

It was a very quiet weekend after the excitement of the party last Friday, and I can only assume that more people than ever are staying at home to watch the knock-out stages of the world cup.

We are not the only ones to suffer a drop in business and I am told that most bars are really hurting at the moment.

Well, I always knew it would take a few months to build up a regular customer base, so we will stick with it and hope that things pick up again soon.

I can’t really complain as our June trade has shown a substantial improvement over May and as long as the overall trend is upwards, I think we will be OK.

To those who have yet to sample the delights of Mobi’s, why don’t you give us a try? We now have 8 delectable ladies to take care of you, the beer is cold and our humble snacks will fill your empty tummies.

There is no ‘boom boom’, rap/hip hop music, and you will always be assured of a friendly welcome.

It would be great to see a few more new faces over the coming days…

Feel sorry for the ladies on quiet days, sitting there with no wages......sad.png

We do pay them a wage, plus free room and board so it could be worse. There are very few days when they don't make a bit of extra cash on drinks, tips and occasionally on other 'activities'...

• Like 1

Feel sorry for the ladies on quiet days, sitting there with no wages......sad.png

We do pay them a wage, plus free room and board so it could be worse. There are very few days when they don't make a bit of extra cash on drinks, tips and occasionally on other 'activities'...

Glad to hear it............thumbsup.gif

Sorry I missed your party Mobi. My other half does not allow me to go to any of the bars around the lake or anywhere else for that, or I would stop in and say hello. Maybe in the next life?

Sorry I missed your party Mobi. My other half does not allow me to go to any of the bars around the lake or anywhere else for that, or I would stop in and say hello. Maybe in the next life?

See ya therethumbsup.gif

Here ya go.. it looks like ya need it!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

post-195835-14041488758627_thumb.jpg

post-25991-0-29748500-1404374202_thumb.p

Mobi’s new Chicken Curries and Rice

Mobi’s are pleased to announce some new additions to our modest menu.

Effective immediately, we have available three kinds of Chicken curry and rice, namely:

Ø Chicken Korma

Ø Chicken Tikka Masala

Ø Chicken Madras.

Each dish contains 300 grams of chunky Indian curry along with a generous plate of top quality, jasmine Thai rice, (‘khao Hom Mali’), all at the give-away price of 120 baht per serving.

We tried out our new dish out on a couple of our regulars last night and the feedback - no pun intended - was that it was delicious and filled their stomachs very nicely.

These new curries, along with our existing snack menu of Jumbo Hot Dogs, French Fries and Chicken Nuggets are available at Mobi’s from 1 pm until 11.45 pm daily.

If our curries prove to be a hit, then we will expand our curry menu further.

At 35 baht for French Fries, 35 Baht for Jumbo Hot dogs, 50 baht for Chicken Nuggets and now 120 baht for chicken curries, I think you will agree that our ‘drinking foods’ are at bargain prices that are unlikely to be matched elsewhere.

We hope to see you there soon…..

Edited by Rimmer
  • Like 1

attachicon.gifmobi's logo.png

Mobi’s new Chicken Curries and Rice

Mobi’s are pleased to announce some new additions to our modest menu.

Effective immediately, we have available three kinds of Chicken curry and rice, namely:

Ø Chicken Korma

Ø Chicken Tikka Masala

Ø Chicken Madras.

Each dish contains 300 grams of chunky Indian curry along with a generous plate of top quality, jasmine Thai rice, (‘khao Hom Mali’), all at the give-away price of 120 baht per serving.

We tried out our new dish out on a couple of our regulars last night and the feedback - no pun intended - was that it was delicious and filled their stomachs very nicely.

These new curries, along with our existing snack menu of Jumbo Hot Dogs, French Fries and Chicken Nuggets are available at Mobi’s from 1 pm until 11.45 pm daily.

At 35 baht for French Fries, 35 Baht for Jumbo Hot dogs, 50 baht for Chicken Nuggets and now 120 baht for chicken curries, I think you will agree that our ‘drinking foods’ are at bargain prices that are unlikely to be matched elsewhere.

We hope to see you there soon…..

That's Ali Baba out of business then cheesy.gif

attachicon.gifmobi's logo.png

Mobis new Chicken Curries and Rice

Mobis are pleased to announce some new additions to our modest menu.

Ø Chicken Korma

Ø Chicken Tikka Masala

Ø Chicken Madras.

Each dish contains 300 grams of chunky Indian curry along with a generous plate of top quality, jasmine Thai rice, (khao Hom Mali), all at the give-away price of 120 baht per serving.

These new curries, along with our existing snack menu of Jumbo Hot Dogs, French Fries and Chicken Nuggets are available at Mobis from 1 pm until 11.45 pm daily.

At 35 baht for French Fries, 35 Baht for Jumbo Hot dogs, 50 baht for Chicken Nuggets and now 120 baht for chicken curries, I think you will agree that our drinking foods are at bargain prices that are unlikely to be matched elsewhere.

We hope to see you there soon..

Should I bring along a fork?

See ya therethumbsup.gif

Not too soon I hope.

Maybe it's time Mobi backed off a bit now and showed a bit of self pride?. Shirley this thread has now run it's course? I would imagine all the regular posters on here are aware of the bar by now. It's all beginning to get a bit cringe and desperate. I mean, has there ever been a 14 page (and counting) thread about a small Pattaya beer bar on here before? Just saying.

EE

Edited by Essex Exile
  • Like 1

Maybe it's time Mobi backed off a bit now and showed a bit of self pride?. Shirley this thread has now run it's course? I would imagine all the regular posters on here are aware of the bar by now. It's all beginning to get a bit cringe and desperate. I mean, has there ever been a 14 page (and counting) thread about a small Pattaya beer bar on here before? Just saying.

EE

It's a little more interesting than most of the topics on here these days so let it live on I say! I might even go there myself one day to try out the chicken curries.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

EE

Please see the following rule that you agreed to when you signed up to Thai Visa:

25) No comments or discussion allowed with regard to advertisements or sponsors, or methods to block advertisements.

I have found Mobi's bar to be a very pleasant place to drop in for a chat with the man himself or a joke with his charming wife and/or the girls. I confess that, for the days that I do not drop in, it is fun for me to read about what I may have missed .... Why anyone would begrudge his thread is beyond me and, as has been said, it is not compulsory to read the posts ....

post-25991-0-60241400-1404453577_thumb.p

Wimbledon Tennis

We are now approaching the nitty gritty of the Wimbledon Tennis fortnight and the order of play today is:

Mens' Semi Finals:

Novak Djokovic (Ser) v Grigor Dimitrov (Bul)

Roger Federer (Swi) v Milos Raonic (Can)

(Live play commences at 7 p.m.)

This weekend we will also be showing the British Formula One Grand Prix live with qualifying on Saturday evening at 7 pm and the race on Sunday at 7 pm (Thai time).

We have two screens so we can show both Wimbledon finals and the F1, if there is any interest.

There is nothing wrong with this thread. Mobi is a sponsor of the Pattaya forum and has the right to advertise his business with a banner and post under his business login.

Those who are not interested in it can take the liberty reading something else.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

And for those who haven't been there yet, I'm not much of a beer bar person myself, but enjoy a beer there once in a while and even more a chat with mobi.

This I posted not in my function as a moderator, and, no, I don't expect a free drink for this plug either.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Is this a new thing since you became a wine man? I have vague memories of you indulging in the occasional beer at the odd venue. Or is that a selective memory that is coming with old age and distance?

• Like 1

Mobi? Mobi's?

I'm a little confused...

You have 2 usernames, first i thought: right, it's bec he is a sponsor now and is promoting his business and Mobi's contributions could be given by anybody working for Mobi's, but now, you are exclusively posting under your "private" handle Mobi... why is that?

It would look more professional using your sponsor account for your business related posts; what's it with maintain 2 accounts?

Mobi is a long time member here.

He decided to open a business and even posted a thread to get suggestions for a name.

The name Mobi's was decided upon.

The business was opened became a member and a sponsor of TV.

Mobi posts both as a person and as the business, his choice as to which persona he chooses, although he keeps the business persona's posts confined to business related matters. There is little confusion for most of us and Mobi has enough business acumen to know what he is doing.