Is Complera or Eviplera HIV medication available?

sfokevin

No, although 2 of the 3 drugs contained in this ocmbo are and there is a product very similiar to the third that is.

Complera= tenofovir + emtricabine + riplivirine

Tenofovir + emtric are avilable under imported brand Truvada and locally made brand Ricovir-Em. Definitiely available at the Thai Red Cross.

Riplivirine is not yet approved for use in Thailand, but etravirine is, under brand name Intelence (an expensive import, unfortunately). I am not sure if available at the Thai red Cross or not, but in any case will be expensive as it is an import.

Both replivirine an etravirine are second generation NNRTIs of the diarylpyramide class and in most instances a switch from riplivirine to etravirine would be OK but should definitely consult your physician first.

If coming to Thailand for a short time, I would suggest simply bringing enough Complera with you or alternatively, if seeking to reduce med costs, bring just the riplivirine and locally obtain the tenofovir + emtric. If making a permanent move, consult the doctor who prescribed the Complera about the safety of substitituting etravirine for the riplivirine.

It is not in the list of drugs approved/registered in Thailand (MIMS). But as you say, it is shown in that url link as are prices. Possibly TRC was able to get it from abroad even though not yet registered in Thailand.

Best I can advise is to call TRC to confirm. And if you do please post results here as it would be good to know for future reference, thanks.