Investigation finds senior Immigration Police officers linked to visa scam

OMG...this can not be true...how will the Thai apologists cope with this scandal...Oh...I forgot...they never hear of see corruption in Thailand...must be nice...

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Transfered to HQ.

Joke of a country.

smile.png

This is how you fight corruption.

Where I come from that is usually termed a "Sideways Promotion" Here, it can even include a salary grade increase for the inconvenience. Whatever happened to good-old dismissal for corruption. Well the usual answer is they know stuff about their bosses and so it all gets whitewashed

Edited by The Deerhunter

But even though they have committed crimes, they do not get fired or spend any time behind bars, but mearly transferred to "head office"

"

You know they have committed crimes how? By the ACCUSATION that they have? By their transfer so that an INVESTIGATION might be conducted without their direct interference? Certainly not by the court decision, right? So how do you know they have committed crimes — and plural at that?

Why am I not surprised ... I actually know of someone who gets his extension based on retirement (money in the bank) extended each year for about 20,000Baht ... he doesn't have the 800,000 Baht ... says it cheaper than a flight back to the UK! I don't think that I will see much change in this area in the not-too immediate future!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully not whistling.gif

Another valuable service muted by the inconsiderate immigration bureau upholding their draconian visa rules.

National security my ar-se..... What improvement to security when the foreigner is already inside the country?

If immigration eventually moves into the 21st century, they might realize they are missing out on an earner.

I have to agree

Why should some one have to leave the country only to have to come back immediately simply to renew his visa?

Why cant there be a service where we said we did but don't? This running to the boarder every 30 days, and doing the dance over the border line is ridiculous and counterproductive. Why can't there be a service where you can appoint some one as your agent to do that? Easy to set Up, you go to a building ,

they can call it the Thai/ Laos friendship building,

one room is considered Thailand, an other room a little worst decorated, you call Laos,

you go to the Thai room they STAMP exit, go to the Laos room STAMP enter Laos , STAMP , exit Laos. go back to Thai room, STAMP enter Thailand,

Do the dance of joy

everybody get's paid everybody happylaugh.png

What happens to those with a visa obtained from said company - nothing. This is why foreigners will continue to use these services. So many corrupt farang here tempting these officers.

How true. Corruption needs demand in order to exist. An interesting point that asks the question who is the bigger crook in this story.

Of course it does. There are so many foreigners that want to stay here but don't qualify. I know loads that are willing to break the law in order to stay here. If we all qualified for visas there would be no need for corruption

Pointless moaning about it guys.

It is how the country operates.

Always has and always will.

Im sure there are plenty on here who dont mind

paying some tea money to get things done.

Infact its about the only way to get things done.

Edited by potters

i hear the same happens in ********* ?

The visa comp ###### lents you money ,it's only 1 day on your account (instead of 3 months) and it will be approved by immigration ,

costs 20 000 to 30 000 bht .

Could be a lie or real?

What do you think?

I think that is about right but I think the fee is a bit lower.I do not really know I have just heard about it,

I was quoted 30,000 bht.

Much cheaper to do it legally, myself.

Yes transferred. Why not all follow the rules. Then maybe we would see reason to follow same rules.

In CM I know a guy who got retirement visa for 25 grand and did not have any bank money.

Why am I not surprised ... I actually know of someone who gets his extension based on retirement (money in the bank) extended each year for about 20,000Baht ... he doesn't have the 800,000 Baht ... says it cheaper than a flight back to the UK! I don't think that I will see much change in this area in the not-too immediate future!!!!!!!!!!

Know someone in the same situation 43 yrs old been on retirement visa for 5 yrscost him 40k first time and 20k a year for renewals also doesn't have the 800k

I believe we can all agree that this a serious situation and the information released indicates that senior immigration officials are involved. This in turn would suggest that the corruption is deep rooted and that the department suffers from a serious problem. Where then is the NACC? Surely, this case merits maximum attention, right? This is the type of case the NACC should be investigating and pursuing with the same tenacity that it has shown against the civilian government of Thailand. The NACC has yet to pursue one case involving the corruption related to human trafficking. Why?

Investigate + find guilty = transfer,

In a civilized county (which omits Thailand), it would be...

Investigate + find guilty + suspension + prosecution + conviction = Fired, Fined, Jailed.

Fascinating. What country is that? Certainly not the U.S. Maybe Finland?

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Transfered to HQ.

Joke of a country.

They have showed such potential, they've been promoted to the big league.

Maybe it's the reporting but we read " believed to have been involved ", " maybe involved " so not actually beyond a reasonable doubt but disciplinary enquiries can have a different standard.

Result ? Transferred to HQ permanently where they will have to find new scams to supplement their income.

" Hello Somchai there's a good post coming up at ... , I can put a good word in for you if you get my meaning "

Maybe put Westerners in charge of everything in this country in order for it to progress out of the jungle and into the World.

why do I find out about this AMAZING service they offered AFTER they got caught ?? !!!!!

the amount of money I have spent on useless visa-runs.. and I could have got it at less than half the price and not even left the country!

its funny how they said it was a matter of national security!!
Yet,, at almost all the Thai Embassies in the developing south-east asia you can get visas from 'helpers' and not have to queue up yourself and they even give visas which go AGAINST the immigration code of practice!!!

also: quite laughable for TRANSFERRING such a criminal!!! surely he should be going to jail !! but now he is in HQ!!

but I do remember the good old days when you could send your passport to ANY agency in KoSan Road and they do the visa service for you (by mail).. but that got stopped about 8 years ago.

I had no idea it was still happening!!! if only I knew .. Lol

Investigate + find guilty = transfer,

In a civilized county (which omits Thailand), it would be...

Investigate + find guilty + suspension + prosecution + conviction = Fired, Fined, Jailed.

Fascinating. What country is that? Certainly not the U.S. Maybe Finland?

in thailand its their version of the theory of relativity ( its always someones relative in the office, and they get special treatment)

I believe we can all agree that this a serious situation and the information released indicates that senior immigration officials are involved. This in turn would suggest that the corruption is deep rooted and that the department suffers from a serious problem. Where then is the NACC? Surely, this case merits maximum attention, right? This is the type of case the NACC should be investigating and pursuing with the same tenacity that it has shown against the civilian government of Thailand. The NACC has yet to pursue one case involving the corruption related to human trafficking. Why?

It could possibly be that they are under staffed because their budget was cut by your princess puppet and her gang of corrupt thieves Duh!.

The proposed reduction in the budget was passed late in 2013 for implementation in the 2014 fiscal year. Up until the restraint measures are implemented the NACC, has had lots of money to play with. As such, your comment is incorrect. The NACC had funding to undertake the investigation, but it did not. What is your explanation for the failure of the NACC to effectively investigate allegations of corruption related to human trafficking prior to the fiscal 2014 budget?

But even though they have committed crimes, they do not get fired or spend any time behind bars, but mearly transferred to "head office"

"

This says how "tolorated" it is. These ones made a mistake and played too much of a "greedy role" in the attribution of the bounty without the Godfathers' permission. In order not to incite other officers, especially the younger ones, to do the same, they have been pulled the carpet from under their feet. They still have a job so they can remain "quiet".

adhesive-bandage-emoticon-22912166.jpg

• Like 1

These Thai policemen found implicated in the scam should be immediately suspended, investigated, and tried publicly. If found guilty, they should be terminated immediately with no benefits no pension. That's it - the only way to stop police corruption is to make it too high risk for them to commit crimes and corrupted behavior.