Honda 2009 Civic 1.8i Vtec which motor oil to use

If they don't use the Honda Dealership they must be Well Dim.You save Sod all going to B Quick n Suchlike

yep, full synthetic oil change with nissan oil filter at Shell 3072 baht including one of those cheap plastic coolers the mrs gets from 711 with those annoying stamps.

at Nissan, cost was 3026 baht.

The OP said he just got a 5 year old used civic. If there is no book or service record, there's no guarantee when the oil was changed or what oil was used. Topping up the engine oil with a compatible grade won't kill it but I would splurge the $100 and get an oil and filter change + change the trans oil as well if Auto with a few kms.

• Like 2

I've only gone into Big Yellow Twice. Got a rollicking from an Old Crone Manageress for buying one Bosh Wiper Blade for a One Wiper Benz ......." Uder one No Gud same". Jeez..... Then they put Semi Syn and said it was Syn.biggrin.png .

I've only gone into Big Yellow Twice. Got a rollicking from an Old Crone Manageress for buying one Bosh Wiper Blade for a One Wiper Benz ......." Uder one No Gud same". Jeez..... Then they put Semi Syn and said it was Syn.biggrin.png .

I went there last week to change the trans fluid, took me about half hour to explain l wanted the trans fluid changed facepalm.gif , eventually they twigged the job, l asked to see what fluid they use, she pointed to a picture on a card, made by Mobil. thumbsup.gif

OK fine. They did the job and put a can in a bag with a little fluid in it to take home. On opening the bag the fluid tin came from Japan laugh.png .

Thankfully it wasn't China. Checked it out on the Net to find it is OK......whistling.gif

My point is they really don't know what they are doing or trained to fob off................whistling.gif