Phra Buddha Isara injured by water canon, teargas

webfact

Shit happens. What was the socalled monk doing anyway? He is a <deleted>.

He was leading from the front, a trait not shared by those on the other side of the political spectrum.

And note he was peaceful, while the CAPO leaders, are shouldn't be leaders anymore since the CC ruling and act with violence.....They are now as much CAPO leaders as I am.

Just unbelievable! And where is the army?

Are you saying that anyone can come "peacefully" to your house, "peacefully" cut the chains if any and "peacefully" stroll into your compound and that this is acceptable?

Apples and oranges. The compound is not a private place, it is a publically owned place. It is more akin to "could your landlord come "peacefully" to your[his/her] house, "peacefully" cut the chains if any and "peacefully" stroll into your[his/her] compound and that this is [be] acceptable" - and the answer is, maybe, if you were staying there illegitimately, refused to pay rent and refused to talk to him/her.

I wonder at the remit of CAPO now; also the return to tear gas by the police, something they promised and end to months ago - at the Army's insistence. Can the police just open fire on protestors like this, on their own volition, or does it require an order from on high (as I suspect it does)? Why was no one send out to talk in the first instance, rather than direct move to violence. If it was true that it was merely the delivery of a complaint to the DSI, it could have been nipped in the bud without such resort. I agree that a monk should not be involved in politics, but shooting them with tear gas canisters and water canon when asking to talk is beyond reasonable response - how many deaths and injuries caused by the firing of tear gas canister already during these troubles? Can it still be classed a non-lethal response? This event could well land someone in pokey for a long time once the dust settles.

//Edit: Typo

Edited by wolf5370
  • Like 1

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Nickymaster, on 09 May 2014 - 14:27, said:

The monk is injured and all the reds here are celebrating. It doesn't take much for peanut brains to be happy.

Now that think about it, they were also celebrating when children where killed.

Yesterday you were celebrating the German reporter being attack, now the table have changed and your crying fowl. Also stop hiding behind children. No prove who did it except your lies that it was red shirts.

Edited by Mango Bob
  • Like 2

How sad indeed, that he was not arrested and locked away for good. That is what should have happened... Such a wimpy act - using a water cannon instead of handcuffs...

How sad indeed...

How sad.

Could have been much worse though - Chalerm could have hit him on the head with an empty bottle he just finished - or Buddha forbid send one of his sons to shoot him in the head!

Anyway I hope they disrobe and arrest the criminal monk soon - let him share a cell with Suthep where the 2 fascists can work on a Thai version of "Mein Kampf" keeps them busy and they can do no harm to the country anymore!

• Like 1

He got off very lightly compared with those beaten by his thugs/hoons/animals

Yes we should all remain vigilant. Those marauding hoons can be a real threat.
If ee run out, we can pick up more at the talad hoon.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The monk is injured and all the reds here are celebrating. It doesn't take much for peanut brains to be happy.

Yesterday you were celebrating the German reporter being attack, now the table have changed and your crying fowl. Also stop hiding behind children. No prove who did it except your lies that it was red shirts.

Thank you for confirming that you think it is ok to celebrate the monks potential injury....

1. The children part I already took out.

2. Did I say red shirts did it? Where? thought the op said: Water canon, tear gas. coffee1.gif

3. You are comparing sleazy Nick with a monk that wants to get rid of the corrupt Shins?

Edited by Nickymaster

The difference here is: My house is my house. But that building is public property, so every Thai is share-owner of it. And currently 2 criminals try to own it.

To keep your example:

So lets say: I sit in you families home. You demand that I come out and we speak about it (that I am not the owner) and instead of peacefully coming out (and agree or disagree with you) I just shoot at you.

Chalerm and Surapong just lost all public offices because of abuse of power...don't forget that.

Just quoting this post for shifting goal posts when the next red shirt protests start.

Thanks for that - I never understood this stupid argument anyway exploiting the sad death of children to somehow gain sympathy for one side without having a shred of evidence who did it!

Also for me it really does not make a difference who has died - a child or a grown up - both are innocent victims it is almost as if the death of an innocent bystander who is an adult somehow counts less for some people - a life is a life young or old woman or man!

I agree with you to a point, except that children don't willingly and knowingly put themselves in harms way.

• Like 1

First thing is that the person called Phra Buddha Isara - is a Fake Monk... And a fake standard bearer for democracy...

I don't believe what you are saying. You have to try harder. thumbsup.gif

And note he was peaceful, while the CAPO leaders, are shouldn't be leaders anymore since the CC ruling and act with violence.....They are now as much CAPO leaders as I am.

Are you saying that anyone can come "peacefully" to your house, "peacefully" cut the chains if any and "peacefully" stroll into your compound and that this is acceptable?

Apples and oranges. The compound is not a private place, it is a publically owned place. It is more akin to "could your landlord come "peacefully" to your[his/her] house, "peacefully" cut the chains if any and "peacefully" stroll into your[his/her] compound and that this is [be] acceptable" - and the answer is, maybe, if you were staying there illegitimately, refused to pay rent and refused to talk to him/her.

I wonder at the remit of CAPO now; also the return to tear gas by the police, something they promised and end to months ago - at the Army's insistence. Can the police just open fire on protestors like this, on their own volition, or does it require an order from on high (as I suspect it does)? Why was no one send out to talk in the first instance, rather than direct move to violence. If it was true that it was merely the delivery of a complaint to the DSI, it could have been nipped in the bud without such resort. I agree that a monk should not be involved in politics, but shooting them with tear gas canisters and water canon when asking to talk is beyond reasonable response - how many deaths and injuries caused by the firing of tear gas canister already during these troubles? Can it still be classed a non-lethal response? This event could well land someone in pokey for a long time once the dust settles.

//Edit: Typo

"The compound is not a private place, it is a publically owned place"

How do you define a publicly owned place? Something paid from taxpayer's money? If so, then No. 10 and White House must both surely be publicly owned places as well? For that matter, every police compound, every army barracks, every non-private residence of every President / Prime Minister in the world must be then defined as publicly owned?

Quite - they are indeed public places - I define "public place" as most would - i.e. owned by the state, which in turn is owned by the people.

People regularly take complaints and petitions at the door of Number 10 Downing Street - police at the door allow people to proceed one at a time and deliver the message - someone comes out to collect and listen to the speaker briefly with respect to context. I.e. exactly as the monk did. I do not know if the same is true of the Whitehouse, I would imagine there is also a mechanism by which members of the public and pressure groups can deliver complaints and petitions also.

Edited by wolf5370

First thing is that the person called Phra Buddha Isara - is a Fake Monk... And a fake standard bearer for democracy...

Prove it!

Funny with the PDRC when people move their barricades at Chaengwattana they get beaten up and thrown into rivers and yet when they start moving barricades of government buildings they are surprised when someone fights back

Why is it funny (assuming the context "odd"/"strange")? PDRC guards are a militia, the police are a government body. The former swears to protect the PDRC protestors, the latter swears to uphold the law and protect ALL the people of Thailand. Who would not expect different levels of professionalism and restraint from a police force than from a mob? Strange statement you make there by way of justification, IMO.

Prove it!

Agree.

Edited by Nickymaster

Thanks for that - I never understood this stupid argument anyway exploiting the sad death of children to somehow gain sympathy for one side without having a shred of evidence who did it!

Also for me it really does not make a difference who has died - a child or a grown up - both are innocent victims it is almost as if the death of an innocent bystander who is an adult somehow counts less for some people - a life is a life young or old woman or man!

I agree with you to a point, except that children don't willingly and knowingly put themselves in harms way.

Nobody really does - an innocent bystander or street vendor in the wrong place at the wrong time is as much an innocent victim as a child taken their by it's parents.

Of course taking children who have no idea why they are there to a demonstration which can always turn violent is absolutely stupid and irresponsible!

Were you here in 2010? Did you not see the children brought to the remnants of the Red Shirt blockades simply for the benefit of a human shield. Parents holding their kids up on TV. Neither side can claim innocence in this, so better for both sides to shut up about it, and desist from repeating it.

Why did the police not open all doors all the way to the prison cells and let them all walk in and lock the door behind them.

"Insured" by a water canon?

What is wrong with this idiotic police force here? He and all the criminals around him should have been arrested on the spot!

keep-calm-baldrick-s-got-a-cunning-plan.

• Like 1

Really you can't see the difference between an old man and a young boy dying?

We are not talking about dying but a violent untimely death - and no for me it does not make a difference if my wonderful neighbor in his 60's or his son is blown to pieces by some lunatic - both deaths would be equally tragic to me!

Shit happens. What was the socalled monk doing anyway? He is a <deleted>.

He was leading from the front, a trait not shared by those on the other side of the political spectrum.

Peaceful today, maybe - in public. His guards at the Chaeng Wattana site have been repeatedly accused (and in a couple of cases admitted to beating the crap out of people they capture from the "other side" ... including an army officer a week or so ago. Do some reading...

• Like 1