Shopping mall three times the size of Siam Paragon to launch in Bangna

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

With three times the same stores...

What Bangkok really needs. Bored!

WHY?????

they list the brand names "Bottega Veneta, Chanel, Gucci, Hermes, Miu Miu, Prada and Ralph Lauren"

.. and they think that they are impressing us ???

How can we possibly be the faintest bit impressed when there are ALL of these stores already in Siam Paragon, Emporium, Central Embassy, Gaysorn and a few other malls around bangkok !!!

suddenly the Luxury Brands are EVERYWHERE,, which means that they are suddenly NOT EXCLUSIVE !!!!!!!!

and we can guess what other shops will be in the Mall... (coz every mall in thailand has the SAME brands!!!)

the ONLY thing that is possibly interesting is which PRIVATE or NEW restaurants will be there.

but usually we are let down!!

Why cant there be any decent exciting restaurants in Bangkok?? !!!!

ok, I know there are many... but really its not many (if you compare to other cities of the world)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With three times the same stores...

With every store has the same products for the same price......And no useful guide to find specific stores (actually the guide tables at Siam Paragon are OK, but in most other stores they are useless)

And three times as many people will leave the other malls and shop at the new one

I think it's fantastic.I can spend A day,or 2, or 3 walking Thailand malls.I can't handle heat so shopping malls work for me.As far as the stores I do a lot of window shopping as long as I don't have to slow down on my walking.I like watching people also.Can't wait to see it.

Some people need to reread the article, it isn't another central it is the company that runs Emporium and Paragon. So yes it will be different stores from Mega and Central, more brand names, better restaurants and the only thing I'm interested in Kinokuniya.

There is shed loads of money in Chonburi and Samut Prakan both can get there within half an hour and not have to go into Bangkok which puts most off.

Central Bang Na will lose even more custom than it has to Mega.

• 3 months later...

Walking around the new malls Central Embassy and Siam Square One, both are dead apart from the food areas. Central Embassy looks like something out of a zombie film, and Siam Square One's walkways are all outdoors.. with no air con!

I guess with the minimum wage here so low, staff costs are not so much of an issue, but even so, shops in those places cant make that much money.

They are courting financial disaster and so will the retailers who open there. There are already too many shopping malls in Bangkok and they are not working as they should . And do the locals of bagna have the money to buy high end fashion labels -the answer is no and anyway they can buy rip offs. How many girls in Thailand where fake Chanel and carry fake bags - what the hell would they need to buy the real thing for> The only reason people go to the malls is to eat!

Finally, the people of three villages on the Bangkok-Samut Prakan province line get their prayers answered, and soon will no longer have to endure the agony of travelling two kilometres east to Central Bang Na.

Exits are not clearly marked. Egress hallways are not designed as thoroughfares, should there ever be the need for a mass exodus from that building, many persons would become casualties.

You mean like the last time there was a need for a mass exodus from that building, four years ago?

You may be right (or not) but in actual tests under actual combat and fire conditions, there haven't been a lot of casualties inside CentralWorld.

Probably because it was evacuated for weeks before already when they put it on fire.

Not quite sure where that comment from wandasloan came from in this old topic but was that actually sarcasm/humour?? Or not.

They will build a tiny Car Park as well,,, no where near the amount of spaces needed to accommodate a shopping center of that size.

Ensuring the Thais can carry on there Ritual of double parking thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

I would guess this is going to be in the top 5 or possibly top 3 of biggest malls in the world if it is built.

Could be but it's probably not going to last long at the top or even get close to the biggest mall in the world located in Chengdu. And that mall has some unique drawcards like a huge artificial beach and ice skating ring, none of which I have ever seen or even envisioned at any Bangkok or Thai mall (well aside from the pool and sliders on the roof of the Mall at Bang Khae perhaps, but that's a rare exception). Similarly, the mall it eclipsed in terms of size, the mega mall in Dubai is also a stunner with an indoor ski slope.

Thai malls are OK but apart from Mega Bang Na they are all the same. Same stores, same restaurants etc. there's little reason to go to Paragon over Central World or Central Khon Kaen for that matter. You simply go to the one closest to you and you'll get the same options in terms of stores, restaurants etc.

Predictable but a bit boring if you're looking for variety.

Pretty soon you will be able to drive from Bangkok to Chonburi and see nothing but concrete and factories.

...what am I saying, it's like that now.

As for the Bangkok Mall in Samut Prakan ....remind me when it's finished so I can avoid the area.

They pave Paradise and put up a shopping mall.

You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone.

With all the new wealth around, rich farmers and factory workers, they need to be able to spend in comfort.

Thailand.........shop till you drop.

Did Mega Bangna close, Seacon Disappeared? Last Frid after around 3pm I had the misfortune of driving up Sukhumvit to Bearing for a meeting....can only imagine what this area will be like when that mall is being built / finished.

Mega Bangna is 7 km away from the Bangna / Sukhumvit intersection !

Seacon must be at least 6 KM away as well.......

the good thing is: nobody forces you to patronize those Malls..... but for many people they are super-convenient. MEGA BANGNA is the loveliest Mall (wide open grounds and low rise), plenty of lovely Resto's and Bars on the outside walking promenade) I have experienced in all of South-east Asia - and due to my business, I know more than 60-70 or so....

BANGNA area is thriving with new Condos along Sukhumvit and Bangna-Trat popping up everywhere. Plenty of affluent locals plus a lot of east Asians live there and will continue to move to this area.

plenty of international schools. overall, probably the best infrastructure in any suburb area in all of the kingdom. Am very happy that I have moved to this area 2 years ago after staying at other locations in BKK for the past 8 years. oh, and SUVARNABHUMI is within easy reach as well ;-)

• 2 months later...

what a lot of negative types you are, I think a giant shopping world is a great idea. I hope they devote one big section to childrens games, rides, amusements, video games, karaoke, toy cars that kids can drive for ten baht and much more. I love shopping malls that cater for the kids, who wants designer label shops, buy your clothes at the local market it all looks the same.

What a morbid story in the Guardian newspaper death of the malls. Looks to me like the downward spiral of economic woes America has experience since the collapse in 2008 has more to blame on malls closing down. The shopping mall in a hot climate such as we have here in Thailand is the perfect way to chill out and have a great day out. Online shopping is ok but sometimes you need to get out the house. Shopping has always been a favourite past time here in Thailand especially for the women and in a culture that likes to show off, what better place than the shopping mall.

I would guess this is going to be in the top 5 or possibly top 3 of biggest malls in the world if it is built.

Could be but it's probably not going to last long at the top or even get close to the biggest mall in the world located in Chengdu. And that mall has some unique drawcards like a huge artificial beach and ice skating ring, none of which I have ever seen or even envisioned at any Bangkok or Thai mall (well aside from the pool and sliders on the roof of the Mall at Bang Khae perhaps, but that's a rare exception). Similarly, the mall it eclipsed in terms of size, the mega mall in Dubai is also a stunner with an indoor ski slope.

Thai malls are OK but apart from Mega Bang Na they are all the same. Same stores, same restaurants etc. there's little reason to go to Paragon over Central World or Central Khon Kaen for that matter. You simply go to the one closest to you and you'll get the same options in terms of stores, restaurants etc.

Predictable but a bit boring if you're looking for variety.

Mega Bangna has a nice ice-skating rink

• Like 1