Serial sunscreen shoplifter snagged in sunny Phuket

Lite Beer

A pity Phuket does not start with an 's'.

Suket would probably elicit more sexual innuendo than Phuket

Phuket is from the Malay word 'Bukit', meaning hill. It's the first thing those on boats see as they approach the area.

Similarly, the Semilan islands are from the Malay 'Sembilan', meaning 'nine'.

I have to admit pronouncing "Phukit' entirely wrong when I first saw the name, so that added "S" makes more sense. rolleyes.gif

Why do those cops all look like motor sai or tuk tuk drivers to me?

Coppering must not be bringing in enuff "T" monies. clap2.gifcheesy.gif have to be part-timers driving.

Edited by Zpete

She probably had enough of cheap Charlie farangs kicking her back doors in that she resorted to stealing sun cream which is not a bad steal given the price, size and no tags resale of each bottle could be 200 baht. Love the pics got someone calling his mates another pointing the finger of dishonesty

Sigh....she is young, female and fairly good looking

May I suggest that it's time for you to arrange a trip to an optometrist?

C'mon guys, beauty is in the eye . . . . etc etc

I must admit I had to take another look at the photograph to see if I'd missed something!

Lotion devotion ends in Phuket commotion
Eakkapop Thongtub

1400330237_5946-org.jpg
The thief dropped her haul in the road before making a run for it.

PHUKET: Dawreung Budda, 31, from Nakhon Phanom, was arrested yesterday afternoon (May 16) for theft.

But this was no ordinary thief. She had a specialty: stealing sunscreen lotion

Alerted to a series of thefts from covenience stores in Patong, police tracked her down after identifying her from CCTV footage.

Spotted by officers, Dawreung made a bolt for it, down the road and into some woods. She was no match for Phuket’s finest, however, and they nabbed her after a short chase.

They seized 20 bottles of sunscreen and her motorcycle, and charged her with theft using a vehicle.

Sadly for this tale, it turned out that Dawreung was not addicted to sunscreen, nor did she have some unusual supersensitivity to sunlight. She admitted that she had stolen the lotion on other occasions, and sold it to market traders for a bit of cash.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/lotion-devotion-ends-in-phuket-commotion-46313.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-05-17

Look at it from another perspective. She had to "steal" to make a living by selling it. Says a lot about how bad the economy is. In her case how was she able to afford the motorbike? Must have been a pretty good business.

Sigh....she is young, female and fairly good looking, could have found a regular job in no time. Signs in Thai all over the island plastered on businesses looking for staff.

Good looking boy you have low standards.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Sigh....she is young, female and fairly good looking, could have found a regular job in no time. Signs in Thai all over the island plastered on businesses looking for staff.

That might involved putting time in at a single location for 8 hrs,

and actually working.

Locals avoid that for the most part, if they can,

and that's why there are signs posted everywhere;

looking for staff.

It's amazing how people actually survive with the cost of everything going up almost monthly,

and yet still people are able to afford committing to a job. rolleyes.gif

So we've gone from alliteration to normal rhyme. PG is lowering its standards smile.png.

Must say though I do find the 2 headlines in a row quite funny.

Edited by stevenl

It certainly took a lot of them to arrest one woman or did the majority just see a chance for a photo op?

Exactly - seven undercover (but not any longer) to arrest a lady for the high crime of shop lifting. Meanwhile other major crimes go unattended.

"Meanwhile other major crimes go unattended."

Only in your mind.

"...seven undercover (but not any longer)..."

I find it odd that you, as a presumably rational moderator, have to invent things to post about and ridicule when it's just you that is being ridiculous. There was no mention of undercover officers anywhere in the OP.

There is some real bloody nonsense posted here. If the Phuket police force did have only seven officers then your post would make sense but there are many more than that who are engaged in investigating other crimes.

You seem to be advocating that some crimes that you consider minor are allowed to continue, if it was your property that was being stolen you'd have a different attitude.

Edited by MMarlow