This intense heat is sending me du-laly

Pattaya Pat

Don't worry, the brolly weather will be along soon....

But agree that the heat this year seems a bit worse than previous years. Have been looking forward to my monthly trips to Cairo to cool down!!

Not in Pattaya but the heat down south is also awful. Two teachers at my wife's school passed out yesterday and two today even before lessons began.

I'm a little luckier as I have the only air-conditioned classroom in the school. I now understand why I've had so many teachers dropping in during their free periods to see if they can help out over the past couple of days.

Every afternoon the clouds build up, distant thunder can be heard on then it just peters out and we resume the high humidity.

C'mon rain, you're close but not close enough.

For any Brits reading this I thought Dulaly was where the Army Concert Party (or was it the army bath/eblutions unit) was based in the UK series of "it A'int Half Hot Mum'. Brilliant series - I have all the DVDs here in Pattaya and quite happy to loan them out.

For any Brits reading this I thought Dulaly was where the Army Concert Party (or was it the army bath/eblutions unit) was based in the UK series of "it A'int Half Hot Mum'.

"Doolally: Indian army slang, from Deolali (the name of a town with a military sanatorium and a transit camp)."

For any Brits reading this I thought Dulaly was where the Army Concert Party (or was it the army bath/eblutions unit) was based in the UK series of "it A'int Half Hot Mum'. Brilliant series - I have all the DVDs here in Pattaya and quite happy to loan them out.

Shoulders back. Lovely Boy!!!!! clap2.gif I've got them too....still funny after all this time! cheesy.gif

Before I go too far offtopic.gif.pagespeed.ce.ifZtFTWxj3.png .... what is "too hot"??????? Doesn't compute, I'm afraid....isn't that one of the many reasons we "palefaces" go to the Tropics? No? Must just be me then, cos I've never been anywhere too hot - including the Empty Quarter in Saudi!

Edited by VBF

It is indeed very hot, our electrical bill was record high at 6500 baht, it's normally app 5000.

Yes next month should be cooler and wetter.

Our maids jumped from 500 to 2,000B! No AC at all. Ours jumped from 6-7k or so up to 10k! OUCH!!!!!

The maid went to their office and was told of a large jump in the rates. Lucky us.

my plants are all dying in this heat and so am I

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by balo

This is how I deal with it: air con, air con and more air con. Typical day: wake up in a/c bedroom, spend time in a/c living areas, go out in a/c car to wherever that has a/c. Back to a/c house via a/c car.

When I die from the shock of the electricity bill, I will probably end up chilled in an a/c morgue.

• Like 1

This is how I deal with it: air con, air con and more air con. Typical day: wake up in a/c bedroom, spend time in a/c living areas, go out in a/c car to wherever that has a/c. Back to a/c house via a/c car.

When I die from the shock of the electricity bill, I will probably end up chilled in an a/c morgue.

Now that's a REAL plan. 555

Every day I see rain forecast on the thing on my phone via heir forecasts the inaccurately named Accuweather who just seem to have been plonking rain in their 5 day forecasts willy nilly in the hope since Songkhran.

Here in BKK we had one afternoon of rain about a fortnight ago so I'll be wiping that useless crap from my phone.

Our electricity bill went from around 3,600 last month to 5,100 this month. In Dec-Jan our bill was around 1,000 baht.

There is a "fuel surcharge", listed on the bill as Ft, varying depending on the fuel costs producing the electricity. It was 0.59% last month, up to 0.69% this month, a 0.1% increase in the cost, representing an actual increased cost of 5 baht on this months bill, so practically all the increased cost is from increased use.

There was a rumor last year of a coming price increase of some 35%, I hope that was just a rumor, or at least way out in the future. An electricity increase of 35% right now would be a deadly double whammy on top of the rest of the current problems.

It is indeed very hot, our electrical bill was record high at 6500 baht, it's normally app 5000.

Yes next month should be cooler and wetter.

Our maids jumped from 500 to 2,000B! No AC at all. Ours jumped from 6-7k or so up to 10k! OUCH!!!!!

The maid went to their office and was told of a large jump in the rates. Lucky us.

I don't understand how your maids electricity bill can quadruple without an aircon.

A fan uses the same electricity when extremely hot than when just hot.

I also don't see any price increase, rather a decrease, as last month I paid 3.90 Bht/kWh and this month 3.87 Bht/kWh

Our electricity bill went from around 3,600 last month to 5,100 this month. In Dec-Jan our bill was around 1,000 baht.

There is a "fuel surcharge", listed on the bill as Ft, varying depending on the fuel costs producing the electricity. It was 0.59% last month, up to 0.69% this month, a 0.1% increase in the cost, representing an actual increased cost of 5 baht on this months bill, so practically all the increased cost is from increased use.

There was a rumor last year of a coming price increase of some 35%, I hope that was just a rumor, or at least way out in the future. An electricity increase of 35% right now would be a deadly double whammy on top of the rest of the current problems.

Phil, you will find that the 0.69 isn't a percentage but 0.69 Bht/kWh. So in fact the surcharge raised by 17% compared to last month.