anyone ignoring the curfew in your area ?

speedtripler

in my soi there is still locals sitting around drinking beer ,motorsai taxis on the corner as usual

the noodle stall is still open and there is a guy grilling pork as if nothing unusual is happening

is it the same in other parts of bkk ?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Came out of the cinema at Ekkamai at 8pm and everything in the centre was closed including McD's and KFC. Had no idea what was going on!

The 7 on the corner of my Soi closed at.9.45. Still a few wandering around but Pridi (Suk 71) is extremely quiet.

in ratchada there are still people drinking outside sitting on plastic chairs

i dont know W-T-F will happen if an army tank rolls around the corner ?

my gf text me and said get indoors or be arrested and jailed ,its 40,000 to get out for anyone who

disobeys the curfew but the people sitting aroud here dont like they would even have 40,000 to pay

and there is no soldiers anyway so who does the arresting ?

are the police allowed out after 10pm sinnce this coup is a military one and they are not military ? :)

i guess wel hear in tomorrows news if anyone was arrested for travelling from A to B or

staggering home drunk lol

are the police allowed out after 10pm sinnce this coup is a military one and they are not military ? smile.png

Funny you should ask because everyone in Pattaya just got closed down by Police. Wasn't sure how much power the police actually have now but hey.... the Thais are extremely scared of them...... Army wise there's not one Military vehicle in sight!

Flew into BKK last night at (Don mung) at 2355, we were told to bring are airline tickets to prove we just arrived. The taxi was stopped 2 times from there to Pattaya/Jomtien by the Thai Army, NO PROBLEMS GETTING HOME. The streets were nearly empty, no business were open, even the rest stops were closed but loaded with trucks of all kinds on the side of the highway near the rest stops.

Edited by BigSkip

Yeah, don't need to get too melodramatic. And - if you missed it, it was announced that shift workers and tourists are exempt - and if like me you live 800km away from BKK then not even a ripple was felt.

So don't drop your purses just yet ladies

• Like 2

I'm going out tomorrow night no matter what.

Hope you live in Cambodialaugh.png

The announcement came late so the Army were lenient realising not everyone would know about the curfew.

How they will react tonight if you break the curfew is anyones guess.

If they shoot you please let us know cheesy.gif

• Like 2

I'm in Singapore at moment [Thai girls at 4 floors not obeying the curfew]. But have a flight booked for tonight arriving BKK 10:30pm. Good to know the curfew isn't affecting those travelling in. Just checked with the airline - flight still on (so far). Should be a nice quick trip into town providing the airport has taxis at the time. Bit short on genuine information in that respect - but nothing new there! I'll be well pissed off if I have to stay in the airport until 5am. Maybe I'll upgrade to business class just in case. Anybody got any good advice? That was maybe a silly question!!!

are the police allowed out after 10pm sinnce this coup is a military one and they are not military ? smile.png

Funny you should ask because everyone in Pattaya just got closed down by Police. Wasn't sure how much power the police actually have now but hey.... the Thais are extremely scared of them...... Army wise there's not one Military vehicle in sight!

Notification maintain national No. 8/2557 .

The exceptions do not leave the dwelling .

As previously announced No person outside the dwelling pursuant maintain national No. 3/2557 dated May 22, AD 2557 to mitigate the impact on careers in a time when not out of the housing . Thus , except for the following .

One . Those who are traveling - from the country.

Two . Officials Or employees to perform Or work in the facility to practice as a time or , alternatively, such as factories , hospitals, aviation and so on.

Three . Freight travel of Cold storage , import export deadlines. And may cause damage

Four . Those businesses need , such as patients who have to travel to the hospital. On humanitarian workers .

Five . Those with other functional necessity to seek permission from the military authorities in the area.

Announced on May 22, 2557.

Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha

National Board of Supervisors to keep the peace .

• Like 2

Tanlic, on 23 May 2014 - 08:59, said:
WinnieTheKhwai, on 22 May 2014 - 23:25, said:

Hope you live in Cambodialaugh.png

The announcement came late so the Army were lenient realising not everyone would know about the curfew.

How they will react tonight if you break the curfew is anyones guess.

If they shoot you please let us know cheesy.gif

Don't know where you are going to go!!!

Me, too, they ain't spoiling my Friday night. giggle.gif

However, I can confirm I to any ear-wigging Thai army bods that I will be tucked up by 10pm, which is a good thing as I never know when to stop and usually spend a small fortune.

Yes, the curfew is permanent. And there will be no more alcohol sales or consumption between the hours of 05:00 and 22:00. Tourists will only be affected if they drink, or come seeking the nightlife here.

Entertainment areas will be closed except between the hour of 05:00 and 06:00, food may be served only.

Otherwise business is as usual.