Apple agrees to US$3bn Beats deal

webfact

Apple agrees to buy headphone maker Beats for $3bn

US: -- Apple has confirmed it will buy headphone maker and music-streaming service provider Beats Electronics.

The deal is worth a total of $3bn (£1.8bn), and is thought to be Apple's largest acquisition to date.

As part of the acquisition, Beats co-founders Jimmy Iovine and Dr Dre will join the technology firm.

Apple boss Tim Cook said the deal would allow the firm to "continue to create the most innovative music products and services in the world".

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/business-27613243

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-05-29

Does Beats make earbuds? Using full sized headsets with iphones or ipods makes zero sense.

Yes they do, smaller ear buds that still sound really good. I think most of them come with a built in microphone so they can be used with a phone.

Be very careful with fakes. Look online how to spot the difference. You can also check the serial # on the website to make sure they are genuine. The fakes are ok but after 8 months of minimul use mine started die.

Does Beats make earbuds? Using full sized headsets with iphones or ipods makes zero sense.

Yes they do, smaller ear buds that still sound really good. I think most of them come with a built in microphone so they can be used with a phone.

Be very careful with fakes. Look online how to spot the difference. You can also check the serial # on the website to make sure they are genuine. The fakes are ok but after 8 months of minimul use mine started die.

I'm not going to buy any. Just wondering how this makes any sense for Apple.