MZurf

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For the uninitiated - who, what, where etc please

Above the News Cafe on Thappraya Road. Next door to Indian by Nature.

Seems to be a fairly boring and overpriced place in the style of the other nearby establishments. Should suit the pretentious "movers and shakers" brigade perfectly. When walking past yesterday I noticed another clone has popped up a door or two from there. Cant remember the name of that one.

Seems to be a fairly boring and overpriced place in the style of the other nearby establishments. Should suit the pretentious "movers and shakers" brigade perfectly. When walking past yesterday I noticed another clone has popped up a door or two from there. Cant remember the name of that one.

So you walked past and, while doing so, found out that the place is boring, overpriced and only suitable for pretentious people. Wow - you must be very perceptive!

Don't get me wrong, what you have said might be true, but usually it takes an actual visit to confirm this (unless you're one of the "frugals" who cannot stand a place that serves beer costing more that what you pay in 7-11).

So you walked past and, while doing so, found out that the place is boring, overpriced and only suitable for pretentious people. Wow - you must be very perceptive!

I said that it seemed to be fairly boring and overpriced, and in those respects it is similar to other places nearby. I don't think it takes much perception to work that out. I can see a certain type of person being attracted to it, but that attraction need not be exclusive and I dare say other people may like it also.

As for the pretentiousness of the "movers and shakers" brigade, no perception is required at all to see that: they flaunt it. The recent "Brits in Bangkok" UK Channel 5 TV series gave a sample of them also, for those who want one.

I like it. I'm there now, having some pretentious lamb and mint sauce pitas for the

CRAZY price of 140 Baht. Sophisticated computer analysis of the menu showed that the AVERAGE price

of their daily special was about 225 Baht which is on par with that other sports bar down the road known as Pig and Whistle.

And far cheaper than Shenanigans.

There is a separate restaurant section which is a nice touch for those wishing quiet conversation or total silence.

Did I say the specials show some imagination?

Like free dessert on Monday with any main meal.

If you don't like alcohol there is a rich juice and smoothie menu available.

The full menu was not yet ready today but from next week they will have a full roast turkey , lamb or beef for 295B

Check it out!

The service was fast and friendly .

Oh, and did I mention that it has fantastic free WiFi?

Edited by BugJackBaron

Don't get me wrong, what you have said might be true, but usually it takes an actual visit to confirm this (unless you're one of the "frugals" who cannot stand a place that serves beer costing more that what you pay in 7-11).

I don't that often agree or like a lot of Kong's work on here. but I totally see where he is coming from here. He's right, you can definitely tell what type of place it will be by just having a brief look, we all know what this place will be like and we all know what type of clientele it will attract. He's spot on.

I will probably pop in there one lunchtime but that will probably be it for me. I live too far from there to get home if I've been drinking anyway.

I like it. I'm there now, having some pretentious lamb and mint sauce pitas for the

CRAZY price of 140 Baht. Sophisticated computer analysis of the menu showed that the AVERAGE price

of their daily special was about 225 Baht which is on par with that other sports bar down the road known as Pig and Whistle.

There is a separate restaurant section which is a nice touch for those wishing quiet conversation or total silence.

The full menu was not yet ready today but from next week they will have a full roast turkey , lamb or beef for 295B

Check it out!

I have to ask what can be fantastic about free WiFi.

On, and no, you didn't mention it sooner. Too busy concentrating on your traditional Sunday lamb pitas?

Enough said for me.

Overpriced? I suggest you take a look at their website http://www.fraserspattaya.com

Breakfast with unlimited coffee for 120baht

Overpriced? I suggest you take a look at their website http://www.fraserspattaya.com

Breakfast with unlimited coffee for 120baht

I know this is Pattaya but is that a "deliberate" typo in the Eggs benedict constituents.............giggle.gif

Check it out!

I have to ask what can be fantastic about free WiFi.

On, and no, you didn't mention it sooner. Too busy concentrating on your traditional Sunday lamb pitas?

Enough said for me.

Fantastic as in having great bandwidth. Many places these days do have good connections but not all.

Looks like a good place to eat lunch , if the food is as good as the prices I will be a returnng customer.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I don't that often agree or like a lot of Kong's work on here. but I totally see where he is coming from here. He's right, you can definitely tell what type of place it will be by just having a brief look, we all know what this place will be like and we all know what type of clientele it will attract. He's spot on.

I will probably pop in there one lunchtime but that will probably be it for me. I live too far from there to get home if I've been drinking anyway.

Just out of curiosity; why can't you go home if you've been drinking? Angry wife?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

http://www.froggyfrenchbistro.com/menu.php

http://www.froggyfrenchbistro.com/directions.php

I'm also wary of tripadvisor comments as a rule as you can pay companies to give you positive reviews but a fair few of their reviews were from multiple posters which implies that that they may be genuine

I think two different places being discussed.

Are they meant to be the same owner? The Froggy French bistro is not far from me and has appeared closed for ages although I have not driven past recently.

There's no such thing as a shaker and mover. This is a perception on the beholder's part. Having met presidents, world champion boxers, oscar winning actors etc, they are all just people. They have all the faults and strengths of everybody else, only gifted in a particular area of human endeavour. Good luck to Stewart in his new business. He desreves to succeed, as he is one of the good guys.

There's no such thing as a shaker and mover. This is a perception on the beholder's part. Having met presidents, world champion boxers, oscar winning actors etc, they are all just people. They have all the faults and strengths of everybody else, only gifted in a particular area of human endeavour.

Somehow I dont think anyone is likely to confuse any presidents or Oscar winning actors with the "movers and shakers" one finds in Pattaya.

https://www.facebook.com/MoversShakersPattaya

I think two different places being discussed.

This is the one I'm talking about:

https://www.facebook.com/fraserssportsbar

Looks a decent menu, I popped in briefly the other afternoon, many staff from down the road are now working there, I like the idea of the TV's in the booths, but overall not much wow factor about the place which you need these days with so many places competing for business

Frasers gets the thumbs up from me. The pretentious lamb pita pockets were delicious.

The amount of moving & shaking I'll be doing there however may require a name change from Frasers to Parkinsons.