All new nissan navara june 11

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

was just reading on an Aussie Motoring Website - guy was moaning about getting a more underpowered Navara compared to their old V6 with 550 touque and how aussies needed powerful trucks.

however, he also mentioned (not the first time I heard this) a newer high out 2.3 may be in the pipeline. I think he is confusing the current 2.5 and not making reference to the 2.3 Twin Turbo from Renault however.

http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/new-nissan-navara-less-powerful-20140728-zxkhk.html

I can't see why Aussies won't get the Renault engined version.. but they'll need to wait for the Spain assembly to start, just like previous gen.

was just reading on an Aussie Motoring Website - guy was moaning about getting a more underpowered Navara compared to their old V6 with 550 touque and how aussies needed powerful trucks.

however, he also mentioned (not the first time I heard this) a newer high out 2.3 may be in the pipeline. I think he is confusing the current 2.5 and not making reference to the 2.3 Twin Turbo from Renault however.

http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/new-nissan-navara-less-powerful-20140728-zxkhk.html

I can't see why Aussies won't get the Renault engined version.. but they'll need to wait for the Spain assembly to start, just like previous gen.

seems Spain is off the cards ...

http://autotalk.co.nz/news/navara-production-moves-thailand

I saw 6-7 of them in the convoy today....man,this 'baby shit' color looks bad... tongue.pnglaugh.png

As bad as the Ford Orange? it looks like poo/vomit in the shade :P

Yup. Isuzu has that same shitty color too. Worst car color of all time? Anybody remember the exorcist puke green vw rabbit?

http://www.evalbum.com/popupimg.php?9811

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Nissan's goal is to sell 500,000 units of the NP300 per year. Can't do those numbers with TH production. Spain will come online, when it's time to launch in EU.

Nissan's goal is to sell 500,000 units of the NP300 per year. Can't do those numbers with TH production. Spain will come online, when it's time to launch in EU.

could very well be but me thinks Australia will get the Thai one.

could very well be but me thinks Australia will get the Thai one.

Because some Aussie journo forgot (or never knew) where the old models came from, or knows but just wants to sensationalize his story? smile.png

Same as before, the models AU wants that are assembled in TH will come from TH. The models AU wants that are assembled in Spain will come from Spain.

Nissan aren't ditching the big HP engine globally just because it doesn't suit TH excise taxes wink.png

wasn't the journalist who stated it..

Nissan Australia general manager – corporate communications, Peter Fadayev, told AutoTalk: “At the moment Australia and New Zealand currently sources Navara’s from Thailand and Spain, with this all-new model, the scheduling for production has us getting it from Thailand.

This could mean a bigger engined version will still arrive from Spain but we'll have to see ;)

Nissan Australia general manager – corporate communications, Peter Fadayev, told AutoTalk: “At the moment Australia and New Zealand currently sources Navara’s from Thailand and Spain, with this all-new model, the scheduling for production has us getting it from Thailand.

This could mean a bigger engined version will still arrive from Spain but we'll have to see wink.png

It will happen... no way Nissan are hitting their lofty aims of 500K units/year if they alienate all those V9X trade-ins and make them buy 5-pot Rangers instead ;)

This could mean a bigger engined version will still arrive from Spain but we'll have to see wink.png

It will happen... no way Nissan are hitting their lofty aims of 500K units/year if they alienate all those V9X trade-ins and make them buy 5-pot Rangers instead wink.png

No doubt why they are testing the Cummins in the US as well. I still would like to see the renault 2.3 twin turbo instead of the rejigged 2.5 here.

It will happen... no way Nissan are hitting their lofty aims of 500K units/year if they alienate all those V9X trade-ins and make them buy 5-pot Rangers instead wink.png

No doubt why they are testing the Cummins in the US as well. I still would like to see the renault 2.3 twin turbo instead of the rejigged 2.5 here.

That will also probably happen too ;) But for now, an updated 2.5 mean less expense re-tooling, re-stocking and re-training, and leaves them with strategic options for a mid-life update to combat new competition ;)

this one is more informative - http://www.motoring.com.au/news/large-4x4/nissan/navara/new-navara-trumps-rivals-45028

2.3 twin to australia etc with multi link rear in top model + 7 airbags. why we can't get it here...

Because Thais don't give a damn about safety and aren't prepared to pay exxtra for those features. I was going to buy the Mitsu Triton until I discovered it only had a driver's side airbag. They wouldn't be allowed to import that into Australia.

Thais dont have Big $ Handouts for Hoones and Bogans like Ozz does. Thats how most Ozzie's get here Via Jet Star.biggrin.png

Grow up. Most of us got here by saving our money and investing it so we are able to retire comfortably. The good old days for some, like those on disability support pensions might be over.

Hoones, What is that ?

Aussie slang for a guy who wears a checked flannel shirt, ripple sole desert boots, and drives a loud car with fat wheels.

Oh a Hoon. I shoulda known the spelling error was probably some sort of childish AOP humour.

My point is that leaving off Gizmoes is the cost saving that means a lot to average Thais.Many have to drive Tractors here with no Air Con all day,a few 100 $ means a lot to the majority. No spelling error or Joke. Cause there are many Ozz here that earned the right, i referred to the Beach Road Goons that are pissed all the time.

As much as your post.cheesy.gif .Whats it matter its only fun here anyway.

Some actually come for information. Not idiocy, You should find the "Pub" part of the forum and post your dribble there.

Edited by Spoonman

My point is that leaving off Gizmoes is the cost saving that means a lot to average Thais.Many have to drive Tractors here with no Air Con all day,a few 100 $ means a lot to the majority. No spelling error or Joke. Cause there are many Ozz here that earned the right, i referred to the Beach Road Goons that are pissed all the time.

The avg Thai is not buying the top of the range where these gizmos exist....

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Neither is anyone else with half a Brain, they buy a Mazda 3.thumbsup.gif

Thankfully I have a right and left side... So we will leave the Mazda 3 for those with only half.

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app