Phuket gets new police chief in sudden change: VIDEO

webfact

Phuket gets new police chief in sudden change: VIDEO
Anthika Muangrod

PHUKET: -- After eight months as police chief of Phuket, Pol Maj Gen Ong-Art Pewruangnon was today (June 2) abruptly moved to Police Region 8 HQ in Surat Thani.

New police boss for Phuket: Maj Gen Krajang Suwannarat.

His replacement, with immediate effect, is Pol Maj Gen Krajang Suwannarat, Deputy Commander of Region 8 and formerly police chief of Ranong Province. For him, this is likely to be a temporary posting, since it is a step down from his current post.

Gen Ong-Art was somewhat vague about the reasons for his move, which he stressed was temporary.

“It may be a question of my suitability for the post. It’s just a case of various senior officers being moved and swopped around. It’s like the swopping of senior police [that happens regularly]. Nothing to worry about.”

He added that since Gen Krajang is senior to him, Gen Krajang can take his place in Phuket, but he cannot take Gen Krajang’s post as Deputy Regional Commander, so it is unclear what he will be doing in Surat.

He did, however, admit that the coup that brought the Army into power may have had something to do with this abrupt transfer. “It’s not about the curfew. It’s about trust; the army may not trust me.”

He added, “Please say goodbye from me to the people of Phuket. I have tried my best while I was there. If I upset anyone, I would ask for their forgiveness.”

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-gets-new-police-chief-in-sudden-change-video-46614.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-06-03

the army may not trust me...

Army has to make decisions which favor a restoration of law, order, and the constitution...

Anyone seeming to be a threat...will hear from the Army...one way or the other...

• Like 1

Top cop ‘still Phuket commander’, but working in Surat
Eakkapop Thongtub

1401765160_1-org.jpg
Gen Ong-art: Still in Phuket, in name if not physically.

PHUKET: -- An order from the Commander of Royal Thai Police Region 8, Pol Lt Gen Panya Mamen – seen by The Phuket News – has clarified the moving of Pol Maj Gen Ong-art Piewruangnon from Phuket to Region 8 HQ in Surat Thani.

Although he will be working in Surat Thani until further notice, Gen Ong-art remains officially the commander of Phuket police.

Since he is physically absent from the island, his seat is being filled temporarily by Maj Gen Krajang Suwannarat, Deputy Commander of Region 8. He, too, will also retain that title, but run Phuket police until further notice.

The reasons behind the reassignments are not clear.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/top-cop-%E2%80%98still-phuket-commander%E2%80%99-but-working-in-surat-46623.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-06-03

>>It’s not about the curfew. It’s about trust; the army may not trust me.”

Perhaps there's hope after all that the military is trying to right the ship that has been off course for far too long.

Or line their own pockets, instead of the politicians lining theirs. smile.png

Edited by NamKangMan

If the story on PW is accurate, the army with the police will be arresting illegal taxis in Phuket tomorrow.

If the story on PW is accurate, the army with the police will be arresting illegal taxis in Phuket tomorrow.

And what possible difference would that make? I have difficulty in understanding all this 'legal' versus 'illegal' taxi nonsense. They're all robbers in my book angry.png Perhaps the junta could include Phuket's world famous lack of public transport problem whilst they're 'cleaning house'.

And what possible difference would that make? I have difficulty in understanding all this 'legal' versus 'illegal' taxi nonsense. They're all robbers in my book angry.png Perhaps the junta could include Phuket's world famous lack of public transport problem whilst they're 'cleaning house'.

First step is to take away the excuses so that "legal" ones can be forced to become legal by introducing meters or whatever is needed.

First step is to take away the excuses so that "legal" ones can be forced to become legal by introducing meters or whatever is needed.

Dream on.

Dream on.

Well, well well :)

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Karon-Mayor-arrested-taximafia-connections/29684