Aussie Partner Processing Wait times

Gee gopro you must be getting close to approval.Heard of 2 this week, applied 16/03 and 24/03

I'm doing a luba woody - just tried to apply online for tourist sponsored family, in case ours don't come before xmas and something in the system says teerak can't apply there's an application in the system...

Fingers crossed. Will ask the million dollar question Monday I think, then go nuts like Luba afterwards..LOL

Gopro ... are you saying that you been able to successfully lodge an 'on-line' Tourist Visa application for a Thai National?

I try and keep up with developments ...

"To apply online for a Visitor visa (subclass 600) from outside Australia you must hold a valid passport from a country in the table below." Thailand is not on this list ... http://www.immi.gov.au/Services/Pages/visitor-visa-online-applications.aspx?heading=visitor-visa

The 'tourist sponsored family' assuming you mean the 'Sponsored Family Visitor visa (subclass 679)' is "​This visa is closed to new applications.​" ... http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/679.aspx

Thanks Mate

Edited by David48

679 no longer exists -that's the old one.

sublass 600 - sponsored family stream tourist - yes I was trying and got past the initial jargon about names and details, then it said there's an application already in the system. Sponsored family tourist must be lodged onshore in OZ either electronic or by post etc.

form 1148 and 1149

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1418.pdf

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1149.pdf

edit: just checked david, maybe your right about the internet thingo, then why would it allow me to get so far, you'd think ti would say sorry your a Thai -go away. But checking yes I think your right. Maybe just paper app only allowed.

lol second edit -just found this, the rules have changed and the DIBP havnt updated their website from what I can see

http://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/F2014L01528

Edited by Gopro

With wife 2 in Japan I got the notification in the mail first then followed by an email. This time they sent out a very non-descriptive email only, it nearly went to the junk folder. I had already put in in the visa communication folder, thinking it was only a standard, 'If your inquiry is regarding then ...... don't call us" . It was Mrs Oz. picked up on it when she was going though it that it was a grant notice. I am actually still waiting for a letter as well, although I suppose printing it yourself is the same, which I have. We're flying on the 27th so not long now till I'm back in the 'nanny state'. So much to report in the other thread on settling, but it seems to have gone awry.

Oz

• Like 1

With wife 2 in Japan I got the notification in the mail first then followed by an email. This time they sent out a very non-descriptive email only, it nearly went to the junk folder. I had already put in in the visa communication folder, thinking it was only a standard, 'If your inquiry is regarding then ...... don't call us" . It was Mrs Oz. picked up on it when she was going though it that it was a grant notice. I am actually still waiting for a letter as well, although I suppose printing it yourself is the same, which I have. We're flying on the 27th so not long now till I'm back in the 'nanny state'. So much to report in the other thread on settling, but it seems to have gone awry.

Oz

Oz ... 'So much to report in the other thread on settling,' ... is that a thread running?

Link?

Thanks

Not sure why you guys are helping someone who just abused you all?

I wish him well. Hopefully he doesn't abuse her like he did you guys.

Reminds me of that Mik guy David, you facetious old dinosaur you tongue.png

I didn't mind Mik.

BTW ... Shall I change my Nickname to 'Bronty'

As in a brontosaurus ... which, BTW, never existed ... w00t.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations

I hope mine comes through that quick

Applied offshore

Applied : 10/09/14

Medicals completed : 12/10/14

Now waiting ...

fress ... if it's not too personal a question ... why the long time between the application lodgement and the medicals completed?

No problem

I decided to use an agent in brisbane

So after he lodged our application in September he sent me a copy of the acknowledgement

I returned an email to this guy asking when do we need to provide a medical and police clearence and is there anything else I should do

As everyone here can understand I was quite anxious and wanted to have a full and complete application when it got handed to a c/o . I was also asking him at what point should we expect a c/o

So he sends back saying that you don't need to complete a medical or police clearance .

This didn't sound right to me so I contacted the embassy in bkk myself and asked the question .

To which they told me to head directly to the vfs and get a request for police clearance and that the request for a medical was on the acknowledgement they send to the

F$ckwit agent just that he didn't read it correctly and he didn't forward it to me .

And while he was telling me that I should expect a case officer for 8/10 months the embassy in bkk is telling me I should have one within 4 months of application

Sorry for the long version just needed a vent

• Like 1

Here is my list I have. Still a work in progress and I have tried to blank out users who aren't from this forum in case I break any rules thumbsup.gif

Because I dumped in it excel, if I didn't quite know the date I just aimed at a rough one (ie '15' if 'unknown' or '7' if 'early xxxx' etc).

Pretty much an evening ritual now to sit down and trawl for an approval somewhere. Only started logging them yesterday.

post-218219-0-30919200-1408526404.gif

Mate, has there been an update to your excellent Spreadsheet?

If not, care to update it?

Thanks

Hello fellow '' waiters,'' My wife applied for the visa on 20/08/14 ,We received our ''medical imfo'' 26/08.We had to travel to Udon Thani on 03/09 ( the closest Hospital from Buriram ),We were also moving house at the time.

So I guess we will be spending another Songkran in Thailand before I start my minimum 2 yr sentence in Australia, I hope we can find a warm sunny place to live... Please wish us good luck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi guys,

Just got visa granted after 9 months and 1 day. Applied in Bangkok for (309) and (100) in March and the Permanent, (100) was granted straight away. Didn't have to wait 2 years. There is no requirement to be out of the Australia for the (100) to be granted, so the missus could've come over months ago on a Tourist Visa and just stayed herefacepalm.gif

At least my year will have a happy ending biggrin.png

• Like 2

Hello fellow '' waiters,'' My wife applied for the visa on 20/08/14 ,We received our ''medical imfo'' 26/08.We had to travel to Udon Thani on 03/09 ( the closest Hospital from Buriram ),We were also moving house at the time.

So I guess we will be spending another Songkran in Thailand before I start my minimum 2 yr sentence in Australia, I hope we can find a warm sunny place to live... Please wish us good luck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If by "minimum 2 yr sentence in Australia" you mean the wait until your wife is eligible for PR, that two year wait began the date she applied — if it isn't granted straight away, as seabass69 above.

Edit: Found the relevant specifics in the Partner Migration Booklet:

In most cases, permanent residence cannot be granted less than 2 years from when you lodge your application. You may, however, be granted a permanent visa without having to fulfil the usual two-year waiting period if:

• at the time you apply, you have been in a partner relationship with your partner for 3 years or more, or 2 years or more if you and your partner have a dependent child of your relationship; or
  • your partner holds or held a permanent humanitarian visa and you were in the relationship before the visa was granted and this relationship was declared to the department at the time (applies to subclass 100 visas only).
Edited by jamesbrock

Hi guys,

Just got visa granted after 9 months and 1 day. Applied in Bangkok for (309) and (100) in March and the Permanent, (100) was granted straight away. Didn't have to wait 2 years. There is no requirement to be out of the Australia for the (100) to be granted, so the missus could've come over months ago on a Tourist Visa and just stayed herefacepalm.gif

At least my year will have a happy ending biggrin.png

Great news seabass.

One small question though.

Just how did you apply for both Visas simultaneously?

I've heard of them, on rare occassions being granted simultaneously ... but never applied for simultaneously.

So, importantly ... Just how did you apply for both Visas simultaneously?

I also applied for mine simultaneously , not sure exactly how but my acknowledgement clearly says that I've applied for (309) & (100)

Here is a question though

When I applied for the visa my wife was pregnant so no dependant child

But by the time it is granted

Providing it takes the usual 10 or so months .. We will have a 3 month old baby

Lodged September

Baby due April

10 month mark around July

Does that mean she will get (100) straight away

I also applied for mine simultaneously , not sure exactly how but my acknowledgement clearly says that I've applied for (309) & (100)

Lodged September

Baby due April

Lodged September

Baby due April

My question remains ... how did you apply for both Visas simultaneously?

If the baby has Dual Citizenship, it will be Australian ... assuming that you are qualified to pass on Citizenship by Descent.

Being Australian, and travelling on an Australian Passport, no Visa is required to enter Australia.

Good luck with the upcoming birth of your baby.

If you need a little help with the citizenship, I penned this earlier this year ... australian-citizenship-for-your-baby-how-to-guide