NCPO goes on TV to list its performance

webfact

More rubbish from Jonathon Head.

I emailed the BBC this morning and complained about it.

I bet whoever received your e mail at the BBC had a good laugh at that! You complained about what? Suthep Thaubsuban saying he had discussed overthrowing the government with Gen Prayuth many times in recent years? Gen Chatchalerm answering legitimate questions that were put to him? Such as," Everyone who is Thai and is qualified can take part in the election - even the family of Thaksin Shinawatra"? Hard as it may be for you to comprehend, that is Jonathan Head's job, to ask, and receive replies to questions like this. Perhaps in your little world you think that foreign correspondents in a country under military rule should only ask the Generals in charge what their favourite colour is, or who is their favourite pop singer!

Jonathan Head's job is to report the facts - all the facts in an unbiased and informative way. Read all his posts, and see if you think he fulfills that criteria.

I have and quite frankly he borders on the sycophantic in his unbridled support of all things Shinawatra. Never does he report anything remotely negative about them, or their supporters. Have you seen his interviews of Yingluck - yes ma'am, no ma'am, three bags full ma'am. Not one single difficult question or follow up on here responses.

He uses the BBC, his employer, funded by people like Mr. Bild, to espouse his views and those of his political friends. That is not his job. He presents a very one sided picture and what's worse, deliberately so.

Given the amount of scandals that have engulfed the BBC over recent years, I doubt they would be laughing at any complaints anymore.

I bet whoever received your e mail at the BBC had a good laugh at that! You complained about what? Suthep Thaubsuban saying he had discussed overthrowing the government with Gen Prayuth many times in recent years? Gen Chatchalerm answering legitimate questions that were put to him? Such as," Everyone who is Thai and is qualified can take part in the election - even the family of Thaksin Shinawatra"? Hard as it may be for you to comprehend, that is Jonathan Head's job, to ask, and receive replies to questions like this. Perhaps in your little world you think that foreign correspondents in a country under military rule should only ask the Generals in charge what their favourite colour is, or who is their favourite pop singer!

Jonathan Head's job is to report the facts - all the facts in an unbiased and informative way. Read all his posts, and see if you think he fulfills that criteria.

I have and quite frankly he borders on the sycophantic in his unbridled support of all things Shinawatra. Never does he report anything remotely negative about them, or their supporters. Have you seen his interviews of Yingluck - yes ma'am, no ma'am, three bags full ma'am. Not one single difficult question or follow up on here responses.

He uses the BBC, his employer, funded by people like Mr. Bild, to espouse his views and those of his political friends. That is not his job. He presents a very one sided picture and what's worse, deliberately so.

Given the amount of scandals that have engulfed the BBC over recent years, I doubt they would be laughing at any complaints anymore.

Maybe its you that's biased in your views? not him?

It seems that most Governments positions on things, would tend to lean towards a view aligned to what the bbc correspondent suggests.I am sure they are all in possession of far more details than any of us about the situation.

Or perhaps TS has paid off the US, Australia, UK, BBC, Al JAzeera, CNN etccheesy.gif

. So tedious, all these rules, procedures and parliamentary checks and balances.

Why dont you get it? Why is it so hard to understand? What is wrong with you?

Now we have a situation with there are no check and balances, there is no accountability or transparency and therefore a system even more open to abuse. yet you support it? Hypocrisy much?

This is really basic political theory, you need to read a book or something.

Grow up. Do you think there was any accountability or transparency under PTP? They simply lied, got caught and lied again. If pushed then it was all declared too secret to share publicly.

The Junta, have not broken the law have they? Declaring martial law was within the law. Deposing the caretaker regime whose legitimacy was dubious after the caretaker PM and most of her cabinet were thrown out of office by the courts was applauded by most Thais who wanted the violent intimidation and murder against any who opposed PTP to cease. The General has been endorsed by the highest authority.

Stop trying to paint the Thai political situation into nice Western pigeon holes - it doesn't fit.

You read - good for you. Now try and think about it. Reading theory is one thing. Understanding how to contextualize and apply it is something different.

• Like 1

Maybe its you that's biased in your views? not him?

It seems that most Governments positions on things, would tend to lean towards a view aligned to what the bbc correspondent suggests.I am sure they are all in possession of far more details than any of us about the situation.

Or perhaps TS has paid off the US, Australia, UK, BBC, Al JAzeera, CNN etccheesy.gif

Try taking off your rose tinted glasses. You have admittedly toned down your once red tinted ones over the last few months.

Read his reports and see if you think he presents all sides of the arguments. Be objective, if you can.

Of course - you can believe everything the governments say - Obama, Cameron, Abbot would never lie or be hypocritical would they? Egypt, Ukraine, Thailand - real consistency of standards there. Great to see US and EU foreign policy so uniform.

Thaksin - salt of the earth if you say so. Convicted fugitive with a very long list of outstanding charges, but he's a billionaire who can afford some very good lobbyists.

Did the Thai military address "accountability and transparency?"

How long have the military currently been in power?

How long were PTP clinging onto power?

See the difference in progress?

Looks like a good start by the military. Many involved with the previous administrations failures have been moved to inactive positions for starters. Looks like accountability is starting. There's more chance of transparency now too - unlike the secretive PTP.

You cannot really compare progress made between a civilian Govt and an military junta Government when there is no opposition, dissent allowed, opposition voices, legal challenges etc etc

They can obviously implement anything they want overnight with no discussion, reviews etc.

Its comparing apples and oranges.

I would say there are pros and cons of both.

But smutcakes, if the PTP had done the right thing by the people of Thailand there would not have been any opposition to what they were doing, no dissent, no legal problems etc etc etc.

They had the chance to look after the country and still poke their noses in the trough but greed beat them. They disregarded the people and concentrated too much on the trough.

A blind man can see that the PTP, via the tyrant in Dubai, got themselves into this mess and the Army had no choice but to step in and sort it out.

And only a stubborn, pig-headed donkey would deny there had not been some improvements in the short time the military have been calling the shots.

Did the Thai military address "accountability and transparency?"

And noitom, by "accountability and transparency" do you mean the type of accountability and transparency which did not exist under any Shinawatra led government ?

Actually I am surprised a PTP supporter would even have the gall to use those words. Very brazen indeed. whistling.gif

Edited by mikemac