Nokia Shop At Siam Paragon Sells Fake Parts

uhuh

I just bought a battery from the NOKIA shop at Siam Paragon (1700 :o. They told me they are selling the original. I found it weird that I got a bill stating that I bought the part from J-Mart, but they told me J-Mart is the dealer, the part is the original.

Anyway, a quick online check in the true internet cafe next door revealed the battery is not original. I went back to the shop, they checked it online and by SMS and the result was the same: not original. I got my money back, but i really would like to have a battery. TIT

Any suggestions where to get a NOKIA battery (BP-6M)?

uhuh

What you should do now is go online to the official Nokia website and make an official complaint. I normally buy my Nokia original stuff at the Nokia shop at Seacon Square or the one at either the Emporium or the odd time at MBK which is very close to the Paragon.

But please make an official complaint to Nokia and I am certain that they will deal with it promptly.

uhuh

What you should do now is go online to the official Nokia website and make an official complaint. I normally buy my Nokia original stuff at the Nokia shop at Seacon Square or the one at either the Emporium or the odd time at MBK which is very close to the Paragon.

But please make an official complaint to Nokia and I am certain that they will deal with it promptly.

I did this already. I doubt they give a shit, especially since I now heard that all Nokia shops in Thailand sell fake parts. I will post their answer here.

I just bought a battery from the NOKIA shop at Siam Paragon (1700 :o. They told me they are selling the original. I found it weird that I got a bill stating that I bought the part from J-Mart, but they told me J-Mart is the dealer, the part is the original.

Anyway, a quick online check in the true internet cafe next door revealed the battery is not original. I went back to the shop, they checked it online and by SMS and the result was the same: not original. I got my money back, but i really would like to have a battery. TIT

Any suggestions where to get a NOKIA battery (BP-6M)?

Maybe ring Nokia directly? They should be able to point you towards a dealer?

Nokia(Thailand) Ltd.

108 Bangkok Thai Tower (16th Fl.)

Rangnam Rd., Rajtevee

Bangkok 10400 Thailand Tel : +66-(0)-2-673-8888

Fax : +66-(0)-2-673-8999

AFAIK Nokia shops here are not operated by Nokia but rather by a variety of partners, including (evidently) J-Mart. I would have expected J-Mart to sell only OEM equipment, including accessories.

Other than that you may just have to shop around.

How were you able to determine the battery was not "original"?

Quote:

How were you able to determine the battery was not "original"

Go online on Nokia's website, they have a tool to check whether your battery is original.

Nokia answered my email. they told me they are sorry, and if I want to buy original equipment I should go to a Nokia shop (??? sorry, I cannot think of anything more legit than the Nokia shop in Siam Paragon).

They also asked me to report the case to [email protected] (which I did) - they obviously did not feel like doing this themselves.

BTW it seems I cannot get the battery I want in Thailand. But if I have to buy a copy i dont wanna pay 1500 B.