Tighter security for flights to US

webfact

I see he makes the same point I have been trying to get my friends to understand for years. Namely, these security procedures are creating ever bigger choke points and the security lines themselves are becoming an inevitable terrorist target. Security lines for security lines for security lines, eventually backing up all the way to the front door of your house.

So, we should just abandon comprehensive screening to avoid long lines? Long lines are no different than busy markets, train stations, subway stations or crowded streets. Taking down or using a large passenger jet as a weapon are devastating acts that need to be avoided. Again, I am all for revoking visa rights for anyone fitting ethnic, racial profiles of typical terrorist as a means to protect US and US citizens over eliminating heightened security measures because it creates long lines. We may be heading toward tight border restrictions very soon and perhaps we need visa rules similar to those imposed by Russia to help keep undesirables out.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see he makes the same point I have been trying to get my friends to understand for years. Namely, these security procedures are creating ever bigger choke points and the security lines themselves are becoming an inevitable terrorist target. Security lines for security lines for security lines, eventually backing up all the way to the front door of your house.

So, we should just abandon comprehensive screening to avoid long lines? Long lines are no different than busy markets, train stations, subway stations or crowded streets. Taking down or using a large passenger jet as a weapon are devastating acts that need to be avoided. Again, I am all for revoking visa rights for anyone fitting ethnic, racial profiles of typical terrorist as a means to protect US and US citizens over eliminating heightened security measures because it creates long lines. We may be heading toward tight border restrictions very soon and perhaps we need visa rules similar to those imposed by Russia to help keep undesirables out.

Maybe build a big concrete wall around it. To keep everybody out and in.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No need. Tighter visa restrictions would address issues discussed in this thread. The problem with US is that we too easily let everyone in so we get undesirables and those that never leave causing a social burden on our systems that need to focus more on assisting those rightfully here.

No need. Tighter visa restrictions would address issues discussed in this thread. The problem with US is that we too easily let everyone in so we get undesirables and those that never leave causing a social burden on our systems that need to focus more on assisting those rightfully here.

Then also make transfer areas on the airport so you dont have to pass customs and wait in those stupid long queues if you only have to change flight to another country.

Then also make transfer areas on the airport so you dont have to pass customs and wait in those stupid long queues if you only have to change flight to another country.

Horrible to have to wait in line an extra 15 or 30 minutes when changing flights so you cannot hurry up and get to the gate to wait another hour, two or three.

People just need to relax, be more patient and be thankful their planes are not getting hijacked left and right like we saw in the 1970s. Something like 60+ hijackings in the 1970s. How many hijackings in US since 2000? I cannot recall any in the US during the last 14 years except 9/11 so our "stupid" minor inconveniences employed since 9/11 seems to be working, especially when we have looney tune Middle Eastern folks running around plotting to blow up or hijack a plane.

Horrible to have to wait in line an extra 15 or 30 minutes when changing flights so you cannot hurry up and get to the gate to wait another hour, two or three.

People just need to relax, be more patient and be thankful their planes are not getting hijacked left and right like we saw in the 1970s. Something like 60+ hijackings in the 1970s. How many hijackings in US since 2000? I cannot recall any in the US during the last 14 years except 9/11 so our "stupid" minor inconveniences employed since 9/11 seems to be working, especially when we have looney tune Middle Eastern folks running around plotting to blow up or hijack a plane.

What you describe is just the fear they want us living in so that we are willing to give up freedom.

The chance you get killed in a car accident, by air pollution or by any other diseas are so much bigger then getting killed by a terrorist attack.

And where do we spend the money? Not in preventing any other of the causes to get killed.

Edited by rebeli