Pattaya Police seize gun and drugs in Larn Island raid

Rimmer

Pattaya Police seize gun and drugs in Larn Island raid

gun-1.jpg
PATTAYA:--Pattaya Police were recently made aware of illegal activities involving firearms and drugs which were taking place on Larn Island, off the coast of Pattaya, and on Wednesday morning they travelled there to raid a number of locations on the Island.

Police Colonel Supatee, the Acting Superintendent of Pattaya Police Station, led the early morning operation which resulted in the arrest of 3 people and the seizure of a gun and a quantity of class 1 drugs.

The first to be arrested was Khun Goragot aged 22 who was found in possession of a Glock 9mm semi-automatic handgun with a loaded cartridge.

Khun Egasit aged 21 was the next to be arrested, followed by Khun Saenee aged 39, who were caught with the class 1 drug Crystal Methamphetamine.
- See more at: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/133707/pattaya-police-seize-gun-and-drugs-in-larn-island-raid/#sthash.1QXQhgNn.dpuf

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-07-03

"Both claimed they would purchase drugs from an agent in Pattaya with the intention of selling the drugs to residents and tourists on the Island."

Anyone care to guess what percent of the Thai population do crystal meth?

What would be the point of guessing that, and why select the Thais for your suggested guesswork?

• Like 1

Considering one is 6x more likely to get shot dead in Thailand than the US, stands to reason there has to be lots of guns out there. Not exactly needles in haystacks. Doubly so if dealing drugs.

What a load of bs, I read it already one time and searched for it. Hold on Emster23:

The deathrate by guns is exactly the same in Thailand as in the USA!!!

So please stop this banging on chances to be shot in Thailand, being higher than in the USA, you're so unbelievably wrong, just a load of blabla.

• Like 1

Considering one is 6x more likely to get shot dead in Thailand than the US, stands to reason there has to be lots of guns out there. Not exactly needles in haystacks. Doubly so if dealing drugs.

What a load of bs, I read it already one time and searched for it. Hold on Emster23:

So please stop this banging on chances to be shot in Thailand, being higher than in the USA, you're so unbelievably wrong, just a load of blabla.

Where do you get your stats? Rather than rants, provide evidence as mature people in disagreement are expected to. try this one. Surprised me a bit. http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Crime/Murders-with-firearms-per-million

Thailand = 313.99 per million, USA = 32.57. I was wrong, I admit it. TEN TIMES more likely to be murdered with firearm in Thailand than USA. Thanks for pointing that out.

Where do you get your stats? Rather than rants, provide evidence as mature people in disagreement are expected to. try this one. Surprised me a bit. http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Crime/Murders-with-firearms-per-million

Thailand = 313.99 per million, USA = 32.57. I was wrong, I admit it. TEN TIMES more likely to be murdered with firearm in Thailand than USA. Thanks for pointing that out.

These are old statistics and have been mistakenly cited as factual proof many times on this forum. They've always proven to make NO sense because on that site it lists the murder by firearms rate in Thailand to be much nigher than the total homicide rate. How can that be so? The total homicides are less than the homicides specifically by firearms? Makes no sense...

Thailand murder rate is listed as 5.9 per 100,000, which would be 59 per million, yes? And that's just the murder rate, not the murder by firearms rate.

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Crime/Murder-rate#-description

Edited by Jimjim

"Both claimed they would purchase drugs from an agent in Pattaya with the intention of selling the drugs to residents and tourists on the Island."

What would be the point of guessing that, and why select the Thais for your suggested guesswork?

Uhh...if the question creates too much stress for you, personally, then please feel free not to answer it.

;-)

I realize that your low level of knowledge and logical thinking is partly due to wrong information, the link you quote is a total dumbass stat. Stating Thailand no. 3 in "intentional murders with firearms" with a whopping figure of more than 20,000 such murders per year.

Now go to reliable stats, like this one:

Alpers, Philip and Marcus Wilson. 2014. Guns in Thailand: Homicides (any method). Sydney School of Public Health, The University of Sydney. GunPolicy.org

It shows that TOTAL homicides in Thailand in 2011 came to 3307 (and declining), so quite impossible that your stats of "intentional homicides by fire arms", 314 per million, or more than 20,000 per year, is reliable. It's a big fake. Comparison with the USA shows that there is a total homicide of 15,953 in the same year.

Total homicide rate in Thailand 4.8 per 100,000, in the USA 5.0 per 100,000. Gun murders can of course never be more than the total murders, agree?

Something else and maybe easier to understand: USA is world leader re firearms per capita, with a whopping 89 guns per 100 people! Thailand comes no further than 15 guns per 100 people, 6x less than the USA. Now be honest: when you see 1000 people and knowing that if they are US, 890 of them possess a gun, against 1000 Thais of which only 150 possess a gun, wouldn't there be more chance to get shot by a US citizen than by a Thai citizen? Just logical thinking.

From a Harvard study:

Harvard researchers Daniel Hemenway and Matthew Miller examined 26 developed countries, and checked whether gun ownership correlated with murder rates. They found that "a highly significant positive correlation between total homicide rates and both proxies for gun availability." They also didn't find much evidence that a higher rate of gun murders led to lower rates of other kinds of murder (i.e., stabbings).

Interestingly, these results tended to hold true even when you exclude the United States and its super-high homicide and gun-ownership rates. "More guns are associated with more homicides across industrialized countries," Hemenway and Miller conclude.

I think everybody is missing something. The cops in the picture are still NOT pointing at the criminals.

It makes me sad that the BiB are forgetting its time honored traditions. whistling.gif

Edited by Rimmer

The TV and AC in the background have apparently replaced the pointing. They should put footie on for extra happiness.

I wait with abated breath for the first jetski scammer to be placed in that frame. Times they be changing.

These are old statistics and have been mistakenly cited as factual proof many times on this forum. They've always proven to make NO sense because on that site it lists the murder by firearms rate in Thailand to be much nigher than the total homicide rate. How can that be so? The total homicides are less than the homicides specifically by firearms? Makes no sense...

Thailand murder rate is listed as 5.9 per 100,000, which would be 59 per million, yes? And that's just the murder rate, not the murder by firearms rate.

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Crime/Murder-rate#-description

I think they screwed up the ratio on that one you posted about murders of all kinds. The one I posted is per million firearm homicides, not 100,000. Overall murders on your chart US and Thailand are somewhat close (Thailand above by 18%), but subject was firearm homicides. Stats from Thailand are pretty dodgy I would think anyway, because police don't want country to lose face (honesty is far down the list). If report like traffic accidents, only homicide if dead at scene, not if die in hospital....

I wait with abated breath for the first jetski scammer to be placed in that frame. Times they be changing.

like the drug dealers the jetski scammers are working for other people and are replaceable, its just that the dealers in this arrest were working for the wrong people, or in Pattaya you could say person, its looking to me like the army doesnt want to get involved with Pattaya unfortunately

Everybody can find statistics that will support their views, like a child or young adult is statistically less likely to be shoot and killed while at school or further education in Thailand than the States.

What is the point?