Recommended visa run from phuket

Guest Steve

Guest Steve

Hi there

What would be the easiest visa run from Phuket ?

Please include as much info as possible, train / bus / boat

and length of journey as well as necessary documentation .

thanking you always

humbly

Steve

easiest visa run from Phuket is Penang

but what about sars check when you

come back? From Phuket to Penang 600 Bath

leaving 8am and arrive 7pm and then let agents

in Chulia street handle the visas yiu want Anyone

better advice?

Guest Steve

Okay so its suggested that Penang is the easiest from Phuket.

Is there anywhere I can see a timetable for services running from Phuket to Penang?

As far as I know the Embassy there only accepts visa applications in the morning . . . so one would have to stay over a night, any recommendations of places to stay would be appreciated.

What is the cost involved in having a new visa issued?

Steve

You did not say what type of visa so assume a normal tourist visa is what you want.  The agents might be able to submit and get same day for overtime cost but not sure of current situation.  Pavina gave a time schedule and that is probably your best bet unless you can fly to Hat Yai.  Hat Yai to Penang (Butterworth/Georgetown) is mostly van or share taxi.  Hotels in Panang run from about 50rm to 200rm.  Guest Houses cheaper but not very inviting IMHO.  Cathay at Lebuh Leith is a popular colonial style place but often full.  Next door is Waldorf Hotel at about the same price but no character.  The next street West has a number of tourist class hotels in the 70-100rm range.  This is in Georgetown.  No reason to go out to beach if you live in Phuket.  Not sure of visa price but probably under 50rm.

If you just want another 30 days or have a visa already and need to get your 3 monthly stamp the best option in my opinion is to go to Ranong. You can leave at 6am and you are back by 5pm, no staying over.

It seems many people in Phuket do this type of run every month, and never get a 'proper' visa.

A popular one is F1 Visa Run in Chalong, they go everyday, last time I looked it cost 999 Baht including lunch.

Obviously if you need to go to an Embassy then the Malaysian run is the No1 option from Phuket, but last time I went it was a lot of messing about.

Have a good run.

James