Illegal shops face demolition

Lite Beer

Just came back from Nai Harn and where the message shacks were, they left the cement rings they put in the sand for a foundation, has now channel the seawater and undermined the seawall. Oh well, the Or Bor Jor allowed this to happen, I guess they'll have to pay to clean up the mess and fix the seawall. They are currently too busy fixing the one in Rawai so another illegal restaurant can reopen on public land…

Just came back from Nai Harn and where the message shacks were, they left the cement rings they put in the sand for a foundation, has now channel the seawater and undermined the seawall. Oh well, the Or Bor Jor allowed this to happen, I guess they'll have to pay to clean up the mess and fix the seawall. They are currently too busy fixing the one in Rawai so another illegal restaurant can reopen on public land…

Yes Nai Harn is still looking a little untidy, it's great to sea the sea wall repair at Rawai it has only taken about 5 years, so lets not hold our breath for a speedy solution to the Nai Harn sea wall. However these are the days of miracles and wonders.

Yes Nai Harn is still looking a little untidy, it's great to sea the sea wall repair at Rawai it has only taken about 5 years, so lets not hold our breath for a speedy solution to the Nai Harn sea wall. However these are the days of miracles and wonders.

When were those "seawalls" built? About five years ago? About the same time as the Rawai Pier? The greedy local government thought they knew more about the sea and thought they could control it by a very poorly built seawall and rent public land to private enterprise and now it is all eroding! Along with most every beach that was allowed to be built on! I hope it's a lesson learnt, but I highly doubt it! I see all the same restaurants on the southern of Rawai back up and busier than ever.

Edited by Jimi007

I see all the same restaurants on the southern of Rawai back up and busier than ever.

Great! I love those restaurants. Beats sitting in some air con overpriced tourist trap with watered down Thai food to suit, any day smile.png

I see all the same restaurants on the southern of Rawai back up and busier than ever.

Great! I love those restaurants. Beats sitting in some air con overpriced tourist trap with watered down Thai food to suit, any day smile.png

That may be true. But I'm still against encroachment on public land for private profit!

That may be true. But I'm still against encroachment on public land for private profit!

I agree. It's simply, illegal, and those involved should be held accountable.