Israel and Hamas agree 12-hour window

Lite Beer

Americans support Israel over the Palestinians by at least three to one and they are one of our closest allies. That ain't going to happen. thumbsup.gif

Take a look at the numbers for those under 50...

ages 18-29: only 25% say Israel's actions are justified

ages 30-49: only 36%    

http://www.gallup.com/poll/174110/americans-reaction-middle-east-situation-similar-past.aspx?

The proverbial writing is on the wall.   

It may take another generation for US politicians to catch up with the will of the people, but they will eventually.  The first thing to go will be the $3.5 billion/year.  Then it will be the blanket immunity the US provides Israel at the UN.

Israel will be forced to answer for its inhumane, illegal and immoral actions and justice will be served.

Edited by up-country_sinclair

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Morch,

Whatever Lieberman is or isn't I do agree with him when he stated the biggest mistake Ariel Sharon ever made was ordering the unilateral withdrawal from Gaza. Since then Israel have never got a moments peace, got no thanks or recognition, to top it all ignorant leftists still refer to Gaza as occupied.
It might be an idea to sub contract the administration of Gaza to the Egyptian military, who would no doubt be far more ruthless than the Israelis whilst receiving scarcely any media attention.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

The death toll among Israelis (as far as Gaza Strip attacks are concerned) was much higher than after the unilateral withdrawal (and later on the blockade). That by itself can serve as a good enough justification. Despite a vocal opposition the move was supported by Israelis, who got tired of shedding blood over a few settlements.

There is no plausible way to transfer responsibility of the Gaza Strip to Egypt and seems like Egypt would not touch Gaza with a ten foot pole even if this was offered.

• Like 1

Americans support Israel over the Palestinians by at least three to one and they are one of our closest allies. That ain't going to happen. thumbsup.gif

Take a look at the numbers for those under 50...

ages 18-29: only 25% say Israel's actions are justified

ages 30-49: only 36%    

http://www.gallup.com/poll/174110/americans-reaction-middle-east-situation-similar-past.aspx?

Well, other than someone shortly coming along and pointing out that this is a partial quote of results, there is another

question to do with how stable are these opinion over time. Younger folk are usually more opinionated and radical in

general, but that doesn't always stick. It also assumes the same condition continue in the Middle East and globally.

• Like 2

Well, other than someone shortly coming along and pointing out that this is a partial quote of results, there is another question to do with how stable are these opinion over time. Younger folk are usually more opinionated and radical in general, but that doesn't always stick.

Hippies probably would have polled with similar results concerning the 1967 war, but then we grew up. Young people usually do.  tongue.png

If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.

-often attributed to Winston Churchill

• Like 1

The "incompetent terrorist" meme really does come off as a tin foil hat style conspiracy theory. Hamas obviously doesn't (yet and hopefully never) have the arms to defeat Israel militarily but they do have the tools to TERRORIZE Israelis ... if they can't kill many of them, they would certainly like to make them want to LEAVE. And also dissuade many from COMING in the first place. 

Many of my theories come off as such. Again, it is discourse.

If you say so. whistling.gif

Really. I am confident that if we polled the 6.5 billion people on the planet, infinitely more would agree with me. Doesn't make  me right necessarily but we do argue for democracy. I absolutely understand that a small minority group of 15 million having to stick together but that shouldn't affect my point of view.

If they would display the same level of knowledge as some posters here do, it would not be surprising indeed.

• Like 1

The one fact missing from all this debate is the nation of Israel being an artificially created country made up of Jewish diaspora who have settle since 1948 in the old Arab enclave of Palestine.

Palestine dates back to Jesus who founded the Christian religion.

I don't read about many Christian fundamentalists trying to reclaim the so called holy land which to me appears to me a nightmare or poison chalice whichever is worse.

However the bulk of the population of Israel who have roots elsewhere in the world have been hell bent on displacing the ethnic population hence the problems over the last fifty years.

Logic suggests that integration and accepting that most reasonable people just want a simple family life would mean the aggression of the last half century is a waste of time.

Live and let live and who cares about some so called right to live in the land from the Jordan River to the sea.

That prophesy has not worked out for Israel who seem to have been cursed since biblical times.

These are well written thoughts.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
There is no "GOD".

Therefore it is not helpful to argue which false Diety promised which piece of scrabby desert to any particlular tribe.

"Let me make one thing absolutely clear". - Mark Regev Edited by arunsakda