How to report 7/11 staff

edwardandtubs

No, the stamps are worth money - in this case 9 baht. A minority of 7/11 staff are running a scam whereby they don't give the customer the stamps and keep them themselves. This could add up to a lot of money over time. It's stealing and she was rude. Why put up with that?
AFAIK they can't be redeemed for cash so they're not really worth money.

I believe you can get some useless product once you've saved up enough of them.

You can use them to buy any product at any 7/11 store. You don't need to save up a minimum number.

Great.

How many stamps for a beer?

I've never got any stamps but often spend a couple of hundred baht......how many stamps for what size purchase should I be getting?

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ran into the same issue recently, only in my case we're not talking about 9 baht, but nearly four times that amount. The manager was useless (in on it?), so have consulted a lawyer about next steps to take. She seems to think a class action suit is possible, but obviously we will need to find the other victims that are surely out there, and get them onboard. In the meantime I've set up a website to help get the word out and hopefully stop this kind of fraud happening again www.justiceforourstamps.com (try it without the www if it doesn't work).

Launching a class action lawsuit for less than 36 baht ? Are you people for real ?

I tend to save mine up and then give them to the staff that have served me at all hours for the little pay they get

JEEEZ

• Like 1

I ran into the same issue recently, only in my case we're not talking about 9 baht, but nearly four times that amount. The manager was useless (in on it?), so have consulted a lawyer about next steps to take. She seems to think a class action suit is possible, but obviously we will need to find the other victims that are surely out there, and get them onboard. In the meantime I've set up a website to help get the word out and hopefully stop this kind of fraud happening again www.justiceforourstamps.com (try it without the www if it doesn't work).

Launching a class action lawsuit for less than 36 baht ? Are you people for real ?

I tend to save mine up and then give them to the staff that have served me at all hours for the little pay they get

JEEEZ

Read his post again for a few times and may be you might understand...

• Like 2

re

A few stamps worth less than a satang

thats what i thought !

so how much do you have to spend to get 9 bahts worth of stamps in one spending ?

my mum used to save a book of green shield stamps in england to get something like a pencil .... is it much different here ?

just curious .. dave2

Edited by metisdead
Irrelevant photo removed.

when i go to 7/11 for my shoplifting needs , they never give me any stamps either , is there any where or any body i can complane to as you keep saying it all adds up ...... MODS , PLEASE I,M ONLY JOKING ......facepalm.gif

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed again. Please stop using bold font when posting!

Jeez, 9 baht.

If she steals 9 baht off every customer how much money would she be making?

Does it affect you?

Will it make your life difficult?

Let's say she does 10 customers a days, that's about 100 baht. Do you know what hours those girls work and how much they get paid? They've also more than likely decided not to go in the game. You then go to see their manager who is well aware of the penny stamp scam and tell him they tried to do you out of 18 UK pence.

Do you think it will be easy for you to sleep tonight? Or wouldn't it be bettr to forget it as Thailand is not your country and you are a guest and is 18p really worth it.

I could never stoop to that level.

You're trying to justify stealing so it's clear what level you stoop to.

So your claiming the moral high ground here over a few pennies, it's the priciple not the amount right??

I'm curious; have you ever bought a copy CD, watch, shirt etc. etc? Ever downloaded a movie or TV show without paying for it?

• Like 1

7 eleven have a large office on the corner of Silom Road and Convent Road. Maybe you could make a complaint directly to head office?

Bad idea they won't listen. Go direct to Tokyo. Speak to 7/11 San.

• Like 1

Why not go back day time and speak with manager or owner?

Stealing is a big problem in Thailand, staff will not get fired as the excuse would be "forgot " with a silly grin, but staff would be watched

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Why? A few stamps worth less than a satang, much less. Why?

No, the stamps are worth money - in this case 9 baht. A minority of 7/11 staff are running a scam whereby they don't give the customer the stamps and keep them themselves. This could add up to a lot of money over time. It's stealing and she was rude. Why put up with that?

AFAIK they can't be redeemed for cash so they're not really worth money.

I believe you can get some useless product once you've saved up enough of them.

Just think of the number of lettuce and somtam sandwiches you could trade for them at the end of the month though.

IMO, the OP may have a point.

Or not...................coffee1.gif

Edited by chrisinth

Why? A few stamps worth less than a satang, much less. Why?

I think the OP has a right to complain, I hate getting deliberately ripped off by anyone. I counted my change on the skytrain, and the guy short changed me by ten baht, this happened on two more occasions, always by a guy, the third time I demanded my ten Baht, the guy just shrugged his shoulders, I told him "I am not moving till you give me my ten baht", he then gave me it.

All these ten bahts mount up to quite a bit in Thai terms at the end of his shift.

• Like 1

OP... This is all computerized now... When ever you buy stuff , it will show on the display not just total amount of money owed but also the total number of stamps you should get.

The employees do not calculate this on their own.

Did you look at the the screen? As for the current promotion, they have stamps worth 1 and stamps worth 3..

Will show on the display the number of 1 valued stamps and the number of 3 valued stamps you should receive...

Before getting upset at the person behind the counter , you should check this out...

As if the amount on the display is not correct, the clerk can not give you another amount and they are NOT stealing from you

If the display shows she should give you 3 x 3 stamps and she tries to give you something else.. Just point to the display and tell to give you why it shows