How much do you give to your Thai girlfriend/wife? What % of your income?

daftboy

14 minutes ago, Bastos60 said:

I didn't bother reading all the replies, but how did the situation end up for the OP?

ROFL

He last visited in August 2014.

Why don't you give him a call?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mrskint said:

Mine gives me £300 a month to contribute towards the bills as any wife should..

That's 13200 baht , she earns that in Thailand or is it money that comes from one of your own bank accounts? 

Why should anyone give anything to a thai girlfriend? Better she got an education amd get a good job or else she just feels like a prostitute and no one wanta a girlfriend who is that but that's what you all get when you pay or give money to a thai girlfriend. And that is why I have a girlfriend who is an academic and have a qualified job and can pay me instead. Haha

• Like 1

I feel sorry for my wife reading these posts. No, I don't give my wife anything, she has a decent paying job and potentially a decent inheritance. However, I wouldn't be surprised if she's aware of farang suckers giving their lazy gfs mountains of money in exchange for love which would probably make her have many second thoughts about being with me :)

Kids or not, wife should have income and not rely on farang mug to support.

Have a great day!

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

3 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Kids or not, wife should have income and not rely on farang mug to support.

there are Farangs who are proud that they can afford a non-earning wife who has the rather difficult job to take good care of the home, the children and last not least of her husband. that a wife working a job outside the home can do the same are the hallucinations of those who can't afford it. period!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I giver her nothing, she  gives me everything/anything as she is the breadwinner, unusual maybe but the truth.Salary varies from 2-500k a month although a bit quiet lately.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kannot said:

I giver her nothing, she  gives me everything/anything as she is the breadwinner, unusual maybe but the truth.Salary varies from 2-500k a month although a bit quiet lately.

Doing what? 

My fiancé makes 15000 a month as a waitress at an Italian restaurant full time in Bangkok and I send her 10000 a month so she can eat better and have some money to socialize with friends. That's not much and she doesn't ask for it. I just send it. She rents a room by herself for 7000 plus utilities. Seems like your girl is trying to gouge you for money.

Edited by fordguy61mi

16 hours ago, Bassosa said:

Doing what? 

property agent works about 16  hours a  day 7 days a  week.

She said just the other day "I  love my job" she doesnt care about the  money but she loves closing the deal.............I dont see much of her if  im honest:shock1: her friends are in the same line of business but dont do as well mainly because she goes to extraordinary lengths to close a deal and "never" gives up.

On 6/7/2017 at 10:11 AM, Naam said:

mine gives me money for haircuts, pedicure and pays the lady who is giving me a massage twice a week.

I bet your'e the coolest looking  dude in the  moo bahn though!!:smile:

5 hours ago, kannot said:

property agent works about 16  hours a  day 7 days a  week.

She said just the other day "I  love my job" she doesnt care about the  money but she loves closing the deal.............I dont see much of her if  im honest:shock1: her friends are in the same line of business but dont do as well mainly because she goes to extraordinary lengths to close a deal and "never" gives up.

Kannot's daily prayer ""Sweet Jesus, please preserve my health and the working power of my wife."

I don't give her an allowance. I give her the budget money for the household stuff to manage. She does well with this. If she wants something she'll ask and I'll usually get it for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/5/2017 at 5:15 PM, DjSilver said:

Why should anyone give anything to a thai girlfriend? Better she got an education amd get a good job or else she just feels like a prostitute and no one wanta a girlfriend who is that but that's what you all get when you pay or give money to a thai girlfriend. And that is why I have a girlfriend who is an academic and have a qualified job and can pay me instead. Haha

It's either 7,000 baht monthly or what I give her which is about what english teachers get.  I'm certain if I left her she would be in deeeep trouble.  The local wages aren't that hot to say the least.

there are Farangs who are proud that they can afford a non-earning wife who has the rather difficult job to take good care of the home, the children and last not least of her husband. that a wife working a job outside the home can do the same are the hallucinations of those who can't afford it. period!

You seem to be describing a nurse.

No sounds more like  wife and mother of their children. The man has his role and the women has hers, works out quite nicely.

Sure, but there is a big difference between supporting your family and simply handing over money to your wife to send home or for her to keep etc.

My wife here has had plenty of <deleted> comments from other Thais here (likely mostly ex hookers who just expect some payment whatever the format of the relationship is, which is just bizarre) to her because I expect her to get a job and contribute to the family pot as in normal life whether in the UK or Thailand, which she fully expected to do.

Anyone who has a relationship based on giving money to them from the outset is likely doomed and should expect to be rinsed down the line.
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, mrskint said:

Sure, but there is a big difference between supporting your family and simply handing over money to your wife to send home or for her to keep etc.

My wife here has had plenty of <deleted> comments from other Thais here (likely mostly ex hookers who just expect some payment whatever the format of the relationship is, which is just bizarre) to her because I expect her to get a job and contribute to the family pot as in normal life whether in the UK or Thailand, which she fully expected to do.

Anyone who has a relationship based on giving money to them from the outset is likely doomed and should expect to be rinsed down the line.

Correct.

Just like the typical Farang mug often states while in Thailand that women are replaceable with a younger model, a typical Farang mug is also replaceable once he stops the payments. There are millions Farang first timers who will gladly assume the role of a provider as long as they are under the illusion of finding "love".

22 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

And if the payments ever stop, it doesn't work out quite nicely.

i never "paid" my wife. she takes what she wants/needs from our money as it's her money too. without her handling all affairs not related to my former jobs in the Arabian desert, the African bush and Asian swamps we wouldn't have reached the status we enjoy since many years.

mileages vary, but with us it works since nearly 40 years.

14 hours ago, Naam said:

i never "paid" my wife. she takes what she wants/needs from our money as it's her money too. without her handling all affairs not related to my former jobs in the Arabian desert, the African bush and Asian swamps we wouldn't have reached the status we enjoy since many years.

mileages vary, but with us it works since nearly 40 years.

I wasn't really referring to you or any particular poster here. 

I think you are also not married to a local.

Anyway, there is no way in hell I will provide financial support to a woman that is capable of working so that she can spend all her time on a cell phone or worse. I especially won't do it in a country where I have no rights whatsoever, even being married.

4 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

I wasn't really referring to you or any particular poster here. 

I think you are also not married to a local.

Anyway, there is no way in hell I will provide financial support to a woman that is capable of working so that she can spend all her time on a cell phone or worse. I especially won't do it in a country where I have no rights whatsoever, even being married.

what has you having rights or not to do with financial support?

I wouldn't consider starting a relationship with someone who is not financially independent

I take 20% of my Mrs businesses profits i have 20% stake in her buisnesses . I live very well.

She takes nothing from me. I loaned her 75% of the initial start up cost (150000) . Which I was payed back within the agreed time limit. I was also paid back in full the building costs of the first shop, something i was not expecting or for that matter wanting but i accepted it as she wanted to pay it back.  So yes i enjoy being a kept man.