Living In Hua Hin

pepi1

Hua Hinwas ok a fvew years back but the beach water wasn't much better than Pattaya even then

nice white sand though but i don't see the point of living by the sea if you can't go swimming

and i definately wouldn't go in thsea here

either the pollution or the jellyfish will get you.

prices have also gone through the roof over the last few years

I've been to Hua Hin 4 or 5 times over the past couple of years for a week or so each time. Just been there last week again for 4 days and I'm not sure if it is the month or what but the sea water was brown and stinks. I saw people collecting the shells off the rocks, buggered if I'd never eat 'em! :o

I didn't notice the jellyfish but it's a pitty the water is sooo <deleted> uninviting. The som dum booo served up at the deck chairs is beaut though :D

Spoke to an ex-pat who has lived there for a couple of years and walks up the beach 3 times a week and complained about the rubbish on the beach and must be careful not to get cut by broken glass.

Since last October when I was last there have been many more bars have opened. A theory someone mentioned is people have moved up from Patong.

Anyway, I thought this was the place I'd like to live in Thailand but I'm not so sure now. As you say "i don't see the point of living by the sea if you can't go swimming" - true! :D

I hate the sh1t smell coming up from most drains around the place too, especially when your eating at a restaurant! Not that that is isolated to Hua Hin but just noticed it for some reason, maybe it's just April :D

Cheers YBB

Good stuff! Talk up the negatives , keeps the yobbos away. :o

Hi johnny,

D@mn I was hoping you were going to say something like:

- there's been heaps of rain lately and that's why the seawater isn't the best at the moment, and

- the beach grader thingy is bung at the moment and will be back in service next week.

I really like Hua Hin there are loads of positives - just what I noticed this time.

Cheers YBB