buy 2nd hand still pending plate and green book

nandele

Hi I am looking in to buy second hand bike, I saw a good deals only few months old, and still pending the issue of the plate (no red plates in Bkk as far as i know), so no green book yet.

In the past while waiting for greenbook for my bike, I only had the invoice and contract from the dealer as proof of ownership.

That is my concerns: how doew it works in a case like this? should i go to the dealer with the actual owner and change the contract? will be the green book issued in the original purchaser name and then can be changed to my name later?

Anyone on this forum done this before and can share some suggestion?

thanks

Depend on the payment method as well; if its finacned it is possible to transfer the contract to the new owner. Then however the green book is issued in the name of the finance company and once its payed up they will tranfer into the owner name. If payed cash it depend how far is the registration completed yet; but most likely its not possible to change the name once the process is started so book will be in the original owners name and then later transfer to the new owner.

Best check with the dealer who is taking care of the registration....