Why Are You Here in Chiang Mai?

Mapguy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is something exotic in the name.."Chiang Mai". I like telling people back home that I live near the "Golden Triangle" in a place called "Chiang Mai". Of course, those who live here know it is not exotic at all. There are nice places to visit, within a short drive. The shopping here is very convenient, and I do like all the restaurants and buffets. Good medical facilties and such. The airport is a short drive, and it is International.

However nice the people are here, I prefer the people of Isaan. They are just so much more "earthy", friendly and "available". I guess I sold out to the conveniences of a big City. The girls are very cute, but not at all ready to mingle with farangs...it seems. My lady is from Isaan, and she is just so much more fun. Chiang Mai people are caught up in their social "air". I do miss the Isaan parties that used to go on almost daily, just outside the towns and villages.

After living in the Philippines for an eternity....I was very attracted to the conveniences here. If I were still a "skirt chaser", I would not live in Chiang Mai..however good the other things are.

Edited by slipperylobster