A temple’s heli-pad is seized for trespassing on national park

Lite Beer

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wouldnt trust a Thai monk as far as i could throw him...never have, never will.

And before you say Farang blah blah Blah.........The revered Mrs Poohy is of a simliar opinion , and belive me she had it well before i met her!fw00t.gif

I wonder of the good abbot owns a helicopter? Anyone know the going hourly rent rate for a four seater?

Certain he doesn't own it, but may lease or hire one.

This might help?

helicop_charter.pngWe charter out our Bangkok based EC-135 at the rate of 87,500 THB/flight hour (exclusive of 7%V.A.T). Once you indicate to us what the mission is, we will propose you with the estimation which you can amend or adjust to fit your requirement and constraints. Estimation will include ferry flight (a flight that the helicopter starts from the base to pick you up and fly back to the base after dropping you off), and mission flight time. There will be a minimum charge of 30 minutes and fraction of an hour will be calculated pro-rata thereafter.

Waiting time will also be included in the quotation, if required, at 2,625 THB/ 30 minutes and fraction of 30 minutes will be rounded up to 30 minutes. Overnight stopover will be quoted on a case by case basis. Once the estimation is mutually agreed, a Quotation will be submit to you for your acceptance. Flight time charge will be fixed as indicated in the quotation that is it will not vary in accordance with the actual flight time

Should there be any additional charges incurred such as landing fees, DCA permit fees, it will also be stated clearly in our quotation.

Advance-Av-logo-from-web-small.jpg
ADVANCE AVIATION JET CO.,LTD

VTBD - BANGKOK, Thailand

EC-135

Helicopter - Seats: 5

Price per hour: $2915

ADVANCE AVIATION JET CO.,LTD

VTBD - BANGKOK, Thailand

EC-135 camera.png

Helicopter - Seats: 5

Price per hour: $2915

I think i would get more travel sick in a helicopter,

than a car. just because he can i suppose.

regards Worgeordie

Hi Worgeordie,

It would depend on the type of helicopter, I always got airsick if I was on a long flight in a Chinook but never in any other chopper.

...Phra Kasame regularly suffered from car sick...

So give him a bicycle!!!

Greedy, corrupt scum who shames Buddhism

Is there any aspect of Thailand that isn't shameful?

Simple answer is NO! When the national motto is "money number 1" corruption always follows.

Let's be fair to the guy he may actually get carsick, a lot of people do. I don't know any that have been choppered into hospital though. A cheaper option might have been to tell the lunatic driving to go a bit slower but I don't suppose that's as much fun as a chopper sorry a helicopter. Don't want any smutty replies do we.

My wife has felt sick on occasions whilst in things like taxis but not when I'm driving so I think a proper driver might help. Failing that he could move to a temple closer to the hospital. I know a monk and he stays at various temples and I don't think Buddha sat around in one place either.

I think the root cause of a lot of these scandals with monks is the way they are respected for what they are and not what they do.

I'm in the wrong business, wealth seems to be in the monkhood. Where do I sign up?

In the room with the door sign 'No morals or integrity from this point forward'.

Some would say that's where you come through immigration but I couldn't comment. smile.png

Anyway, I thought personal suffering was key to Buddhism and gaining enlightenment, (learned Buddhists, please forgive me if I'm talking borlox..).

So throwing up in his car should be seen as a positive....

This geezer probably used to hire the Helicopter from the Monk on the run, who has one of his own and escaped in it last year from the DSI in Laos. Wouldn't be surprised if the same Monk financed the Helipad as well because he was always handing out very expensive gifts to his mates, drawing on the 30 odd bank accounts he had that nobody noticed, not even his 'wife' and reputedly two kids from different women if i remember rightly, fathered whilst he was in robes.

Thailand....Hub of filthy rich Monks.

...Phra Kasame regularly suffered from car sick...

So give him a bicycle!!!

Greedy, corrupt scum who shames Buddhism

Is there any aspect of Thailand that isn't shameful?

Plenty, I'm sure. They just don't make good press for the papers.

thai buddism , the world is laughing once again

Of course, the world never laughs at scandals when they involve western religions do they?

Oh no, let's just have another whack at Thais and Buddhism. It's so easy ain't it?

You think other religions/ beliefs are any better?

Better a few greedy monks than a bunch of kiddy diddlers.

Frankly I don't think the world gives a second thought to what goes on over here between the boys in saffron robes.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/07/04/sex-scandal--money-laundering-probe-thai-buddhist-monk-private-jet_n_3546552.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/church-of-england-embroiled-in-another-alleged-child-abuse-scandal-9650278.html

http://www.christianpost.com/news/sex-abuse-scandals-cost-us-catholic-church-nearly-3-billion-over-8-years-117297/

http://mormonmatters.org/2009/09/23/the-growing-mormon-sex-abuse-scandal/

http://www.abolishsexabuse.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=554:newspaper-reports-widespread-sexual-abuse-linked-with-lutheran-church&catid=71:world-news&Itemid=181

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/jews-orthodox-sex-abuse-satmar-hasidic-new-422410

Edited by ratcatcher

I'm going to tease my monk and ask him why he doesn't have a helicopter. biggrin.png

I did that and he said "mai pen rai, me and my mate have Man Utd season tickets" post-4641-1156694572.gif

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/monks-visit-manchester-united-louis-4084277

Mine just got back from a trip to London where they were given VIP treatment at Leicester City FBC. Think it is owned/co-owned by a Thai

post-102528-0-85927700-1408809649_thumb.

no wonder the Dalai Lama is not welcome in thailand! they dont practise the same religion than him!

The Dalai Lama had 3000 slaves. The temples were often in war against each others. Hacking off a hand or foot was common punishment.

Till now the Dalai Lama sees nothing wrong in this.

But he isn't welcome because China doesn't want him in Thailand.

Well I believe that idf China doesn't want him here that could have been a good reason. That of course is a big IF.

While we are talking about hioom not being welcome in Thailand I wonder if that is the stand the hnew Prime Minisrter takes?

As for seizing the helipad. Well what can I say they hive been seizing lots of property that the previous government allowed to be encroached on. In fact some of them were doing the encroaching.

This is just another piece of property they have seized in line with what they said they would do.

Another clue to the less than bright that they mean business.