41-year-old Finnish man found dead in Bangkok guesthouse

Lite Beer

41-year-old Finnish man found dead in Bangkok guesthouse

BANGKOK: -- A 41-year-old Finnish man was found dead in a tightly-sealed and locked room that was filled with cooking gas at a guesthouse in Bangkok's Phra Nakhon district Saturday night in what appeared to be a suicide, police said.

The man was identified as Pekkola Erkki who has been staying at the guesthouse for 29 days with his Thai wife. Police believe he committed suicide as the room was locked from the inside and all the windows and door edges were sealed with adhesive tape.

Police found 5.6-kg gas cylinder that has been left open in the room and also found a suicide note. The Thai wife was away when the body was found.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/41-year-old-finish-found-dead-in-Bangkok-guesthous-30241639.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-08-24

Well, it's gotta be said, from the report it sounds like a truly genuine case of suicide for a change......... Mind you i'd check if there's a roof access.............. RIP............. I never undestand why people do this to themselves when there's so many pleasurable ways to go out.......... Had a mate once that stopped eating and drank himself to death on Sang Thip,,,,,,,,, That did the trick.............

R.I.P. and condolences to the family. However, just read some wise words from Butch Hancock:

"it makes no sense to commit suicide in self-defence (Br.) self- defense (Am)

you see- I'm learning...

Lupatria, the non-partisan Bangkok forum participant.