Barebones Health Insurance

Issangeorge

So then the odds are that you will keep your 1 million plus baht reserve and not lose it as most likely you will not experience until a much later age any severe event. But 1 or 2 severe events could wipe out that reserve.

You hear stories on here of claims being denied. But you only on here hear one side of the story.

I've been reading your posts with interest and, whilst I'm not arguing with your view on this subject, your answers just seem to knock down every, or at least many, post.

I was wondering if you actually had any constructive advice to give?

Not everyone can get medical insurance due to age, yes they should have though of it before, but many haven't so come here for advice.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK - I got the accident insurance courtesy of Bangkok Bank. Now the little plastic card is inside my passport -- which I have to carry around anyway ;)

Now what I'm looking for is health insurance with optional, large deductibles, and no age limits. Anyone come across this amongst the offerings?

I'd have taken the accident insurance with deductibles too, but it's not an option.

My view is that I have a "pot" to cover simpler problems -- say 1,000,000 Baht -- and I want an insurance company to cover anything in excess of that.