Road safety films

cooked

Anybody find meaningful road safety films in Thai language, please? I showed our 8 year old one yesterday and she thought it was funny (road crash test showing seat belts / no seat belts). Come to that all the members of our family need to see some.

Never was a fan of Jimmy Saville even before his downfall, but his clunk-click-every-trip ads, particulalrly one showing a hammer smashing in to a peach to show what would happen to your noggin if you don't wear a seatbelt, had a lasting affect on me...and simialr should be shown here - how many times do you see thai families with the little kids stood up in the passenger seat area!

That one at the driving school was HORRIFIC!!! I had to turn away. They showed people actually getting run down, thrown in the air from getting hit, burning alive in their seats as their cars ignited from an accident . . . I would NEVER show it to an eight-year-old.

That one at the driving school was HORRIFIC!!! I had to turn away. They showed people actually getting run down, thrown in the air from getting hit, burning alive in their seats as their cars ignited from an accident . . . I would NEVER show it to an eight-year-old.

Burning alive in their seats!! how horrific, I wonder if I would be right in assuming that in some cases, they are trapped by their seat belts.

"burning alive in their seats as their cars ignited from an accident" Is that because they were silly enough to wear a safety belt, which got stuck in the lock position on impact, and could not get it off?

If there is a Road safety film no one has ever watched that's for sure...

There is a series played on Thai TV from time to time. It uses animation to educate on safe driving skills, obeying road signs and driver courtesy. Very well done I might add.

Again, it's a start to address roadway chaos to a very large and diverse audience.

Weird. I remember stuff from my childhood long ago, 'don't be an amber gambler', 'look right, look left, look right again', and a load of other stuff. Just ridiculing people on motorbikes without helmets in the pouring rain would make a difference, cutting to a hospital emergency ward on a Saturday night.... Ok, let's assume they don't want to know.

I found this:

28 views, wow Edited by cooked
  • Like 1

Weird. I remember stuff from my childhood long ago, 'don't be an amber gambler', 'look right, look left, look right again', and a load of other stuff. Just ridiculing people on motorbikes without helmets in the pouring rain would make a difference, cutting to a hospital emergency ward on a Saturday night.... Ok, let's assume they don't want to know.

I found this:

28 views, wow

Not forgetting the Tufty Club!

• Like 1