Does Britain have a jihadi problem?

webfact

The Telegraph reported locals believed. He converted to Islam and you should well know the assumed Islamic name is seldom used by the press to stop people getting the right idea.

He denies or will not confirm it so is this Muslim woman lying? what does George have to be ashamed of?

Exclusive: George Galloway's conversion to Islam Jemima Khan, in an interview with the Bradford MP,

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/politics/2012/04/george-galloway-conversion-islam-muslim

Edited by jacky54
  • Like 1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Telegraph reported locals believed. He converted to Islam and you should well know the assumed Islamic name is seldom used by the press to stop people getting the right idea.

He denies or will not confirm it so is this Muslim woman lying? what does George have to be ashamed of?

Exclusive: George Galloway's conversion to Islam Jemima Khan, in an interview with the Bradford MP,

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/politics/2012/04/george-galloway-conversion-islam-muslim

Hmmmmmm, thought it was Assious Hollious.........facepalm.gif

Nicholas Salvadore is merely an anagram for A Radical Shovels On, what more proof is needed. giggle.gif

If I may, Sir, as an honest and relevant question, " would you please declare your nationality and ethnicity " so The various readers can put your posts in to some sort of context. For the record, I am white, English and an Athiest. Your turn now......

Don't talk to me Albert until you can confirm that you've started taking your meds again, no questions, nothing.

Off-topic posts deleted. A question about a user's name and avatar was asked and answered. Further questions are off-topic. You may discuss such issues by PM, but please remember that forum rules apply to PM's as well.

The topic is not about the 82 year old lady who was beheaded. That topic is running here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/757632-woman-beheaded-in-london-attack/

(Some quotes removed to comply with forum software)

None of the news reports I have seen, heard or read say this (the man is a radical Mulsim); link please.

This new in from The Mirror; Edmonton beheading: First picture of man arrested after grandmother decapitated with machete

Nicholas Salvadore - also known as "Fat Nick" - was detained during a violent confrontation with police

Nicholas Salvadore; not very Muslim.

Don't Muslim converts take Arabic, or similar, names?

Like the press did in the case of the horrendous murder of Lee Rigby?

Oh, hang on, they did use the murderers' Muslim names right from the first reports!

You may now try and explain that away.

Like the press did in the case of the horrendous murder of Lee Rigby?

Oh, hang on, they did use the murderers' Muslim names right from the first reports!

You may now try and explain that away.

Adebolajo and Adebowale are their Muslim names?

I was under the impression they were their family names from birth as they are of Nigerian descent.

Edited by H1w4yR1da
  • Like 1

Cat Stevens has a lot to answer for. wink.png

Please don't impugn an artist that has produced lovely music for decades, and since his conversion, has preached nothing but peace.

"Everybody board the peace train..."

Rubbish he wanted to see Salman Rushdie burned for writing a book

''rather than go to a demonstration to burn an effigy of the author Salman Rushdie, ''I would have hoped that it'd be the real thing.''

http://www.nytimes.com/books/99/04/18/specials/rushdie-cat.html

I was not aware of that, and I concede it does not look good.

I wonder if we read a less biased source if we will discover that Cat meant something different or/and that he was taking the fatwa literally.

Call me naive, but I can not see Cat ever committing violence against anyone.

Please don't impugn an artist that has produced lovely music for decades, and since his conversion, has preached nothing but peace.

''rather than go to a demonstration to burn an effigy of the author Salman Rushdie, ''I would have hoped that it'd be the real thing.''

I was not aware of that, and I concede it does not look good.

I wonder if we read a less biased source if we will discover that Cat meant something different or/and that he was taking the fatwa literally.

Call me naive, but I can not see Cat ever committing violence against anyone.

Maybe because by then he was no longer called Cat Stevens . . .

• Like 1

Yea yea heard it a million times just an isolated incident could have been any religeon lets brush it under the carpet before we offenend the vaaaaaaaaast majority of the good, honest, salt of the earth patriotic British Muslims. The route of the problem is people like you apologists, there is a problem and it needs to be addressed in a pragmatic way, there should be no spetial considerations given to people because of which religeon they choose to beleive in.

What evidence do you have that the perpetrator of this horrendous crime is Muslim?

Even if he is, what evidence do you have that he killed this poor woman because he is a radicalised extremist jihadist out to kill an infidel?

Even if he were, why did he attack a cat first?

I do agree with your final comments.

"there is a problem and it needs to be addressed in a pragmatic way,"

See examples given above of how this is being done within the Muslim community, and further suggestions to carry on and improve on the work already being done.

"there should be no spetial (sic) considerations given to people because of which religion (sic) they choose to believe (sic) in."

To which I would add that there should be no prejudice directed toward them either.

I stated "There should be no special considerations given to people because of which religion they choose to believe in" you found 3 erroneous points in one sentence? Really? you make me (sic).

UKIP are gaining ground in the UK in France front national are gaining ground, do you think that's good? I f@cking don't I'm not right wing, for all it's faults the EU is a positive influence, there are positive points to immigration however "multiculturalism" or at least multiculturalism under the far left is not working.

The consequences of all this PC carpet sweeping rubbish that denies the moderate UK/European citizens a voice is the obvious rise in support of parties like UKIP and every limp wristed apologetic action only adds to that support.

We already have one of the most diverse societies in the world much more diverse than any muslim country has to offer but continuing to put the emphasis on the rights of one very noisy delinquent cult is NOT helping anyone.

Dont you feel like you roll a rock up hill? It seems some on TV actually choose counter positions to the obvious, to reason, if only to keep debate or conflict going on TV. Yet... this is not accurate, is it? They actually [seem to] believe that defending Islamic expansion can be done one tooth, one nail, one inch, one murder, one beheading, one defensive post at a time. Since the data supporting the war on western civlization now arrives in daily deluge people some people continue to argue every single inch of reason and object reality, to the point of absurdity. This is my opinion. I realize others have different opinions than me, and offer reasonable alternatives or such. But so much of what is defending radical islam here on TV does not even rise to the level of competent argument; its just wild flailing of verbal fists in response to_____(insert forum topic).

There is not even a framework for their defense that explains why polls show, within the past few months, citizens (in the US, for example) feel "not enough is being done to battle islamic jihad;" in other words, as more and more people around the world are saying "enough is enough" and "what are we doing about it?" the posters defending this jihadi expansion/terrorism on TV do not account for this surge in public awareness/outrage of islamic expansion. Why are an increasing amount of citizens in western countries expressing grave concern and heightened fear from a movement or jihad that is largely suggested here, by some, not to exist?

(There are numerous factors that can be tabulated to reach the conclusion that there is both growing awareness and increasing fear/outrage. From published books on the topic to OpEds, to lead pieces, to bylines, to polls, to the ubiquitous news footage of savage islamic jihad).

Personally I have not seen one post that defends radical Islamic actions or ideology in this topic. It would be good for you to provide quotes that support your claim.

Only my opinion, but with your claimed background you should be ashamed to be posting support or 'likes' for transitioning to UK Govt institutionalised extremism. Instead of being a supporter of tolatarianism, why not express your views on how to address the issues within a legal framework, UK laws are in-place.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

Dont you feel like you roll a rock up hill? It seems some on TV actually choose counter positions to the obvious, to reason, if only to keep debate or conflict going on TV. Yet... this is not accurate, is it? They actually [seem to] believe that defending Islamic expansion can be done one tooth, one nail, one inch, one murder, one beheading, one defensive post at a time. Since the data supporting the war on western civlization now arrives in daily deluge people some people continue to argue every single inch of reason and object reality, to the point of absurdity. This is my opinion. I realize others have different opinions than me, and offer reasonable alternatives or such. But so much of what is defending radical islam here on TV does not even rise to the level of competent argument; its just wild flailing of verbal fists in response to_____(insert forum topic).

I also am quite concerned about this, there is a core of three or four posters in this thread who continually make accusations yet without supplying any proof to support any of their claims, what is their agenda, is it merely to keep "debate or conflict alive"?

Already in the past 24 hours we've seen this small elite group attempt to demonize another poster on the basis of his name and his taste in music and art; that same group has already held the trial and convicted and sentenced a murderer in London; one of the group now insists that all TV Mods produce their profiles so that they can be vetted for religious and political bias (McCarthyism lives).

As always it's the minority radicals who are to blame, what can be done about this I wonder. whistling.gif

• Like 2

A post commenting on moderation has been removed.

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

Already in the past 24 hours we've seen this small elite group attempt to demonize another poster on the basis of his name and his taste in music and art; that same group has already held the trial and convicted and sentenced a murderer in London; one of the group now insists that all TV Mods produce their profiles so that they can be vetted for religious and political bias (McCarthyism lives).

As always it's the minority radicals who are to blame, what can be done about this I wonder. whistling.gif

small elite group? but not as small as the apologists right. Having a bit of a laugh about a band is hardly demonising a bloke, lighten up . You are right it's always the radicals, but they are all inspired by the same thing-Islamic texts if not why do they all quote the koran and hadith to justifiy their actions? What can be done about it? expose the falseness of Islam wherever you can and oppose it's insidious spread. If the UK had done this years ago there would not be hundreds of radicals from the UK fighting for ISIS now

• Like 2

small elite group? but not as small as the apologists right. Having a bit of a laugh about a band is hardly demonising a bloke, lighten up . You are right it's always the radicals, but they are all inspired by the same thing-Islamic texts if not why do they all quote the koran and hadith to justifiy their actions? What can be done about it? expose the falseness of Islam wherever you can and oppose it's insidious spread. If the UK had done this years ago there would not be hundreds of radicals from the UK fighting for ISIS now

Ah yes, the so called apologists, are those the same people that simply disagree that Islam is a religion fanatics and death? Presumably you're what, Christian, in which case how about we talk about all the people who have been killed by Christians/Catholics/Jews/whatevers in the name of their respective god:

http://www.truthbeknown.com/victims.htm

And whilst writing; so you're "having a bit of a laugh about a bloke" is it, "me thinks thou doth protesteth too much! It seems to me from your posts on this subject, based on all the links and counter arguments you've provided, that this for you is a pretty serious subject; yet when somebody calls your bluff, ah well you see guv, we was just 'avin' a larf really, see. Hmmmm!

• Like 1

The leader of " Sheesh Kebab " has just had a missile posted through his letter box and is now as dead as it is possible to be. 2 minutes ago I was an Atheist .......but maybe there is scope that someone does sit above the clouds?

Tick Tock, Tick Tock....

• Like 1

Ah yes the good old apologist ploy number one- what about the Christians then and what they did 100's of years ago, as if that somehow justifies all the death, war and misery that Islam is causing around the world TODAY and specifically in the name if Islam.

There's no attempt there to justify anything, just a reminder that religions that live in glass houses shouldn't .....!

And man, you really do like that word "apologist" don't you, in your world, is an apologist everyone who has a view different from yours, a rhetorical question!.

• Like 1

Ah yes the good old apologist ploy number one- what about the Christians then and what they did 100's of years ago, as if that somehow justifies all the death, war and misery that Islam is causing around the world TODAY and specifically in the name if Islam.

Indeed. Divert attention from extreme Muslims, no matter how flimsy the justification and count on useful idiots to lap it up. Radical Islam is the greatest threat facing the world today, not Christians, not Jews, not Hindus, not the fundamentalists from any other religion.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 2

It's the attitudes of people like 2 posters on here that decry all of Islam, just because of a minority, that is the bigger problem everywhere, unfortunately.

Is it though? I'm undecided whether it's Islamic extremism or in fact Islam.

It's the attitudes of people like 2 posters on here that decry all of Islam, just because of a minority, that is the bigger problem everywhere, unfortunately.

The second ploy of an apologist- it's just a minority that causes the problem, that's not the point and not the problem. The thing that causes ALL the problem is Islam itself, nothing to do with minorities or majorities.