Tourist police "volunteers" gone from Walking St?

thaibeachlovers

They are there every night. Sometimes they head out for some special operation and then there is a reduced team there, I believe. The last few months there has been a huge police presence. Looks like regular police, tourist police, city police and that special unit "thapraya 911".

I have heard comments from many friends who visited, why there was such a huge presence in Walking Street. I guess they must have many problems there. Better too many, then none. MS>

Edited by moonseeker

Thanks.

I always wonder why it is necessary to hang about only on Walking St, and never along the Beach Rd walkway, or in any of the other bar sois.

The night there was only one TPV there wasn't any noticeable trouble.

Also, they always ignore the child abuse going on every night, where a young child is exploited for her parent's profit by doing contortions. I saw her there, still doing her act, though now she is older she is less flexible than in the past ( she's been there every night for many years ).

Edited by thaibeachlovers

I beg to differ....I find the thought of wannabee cops being allowed in Pattaya appalling. It's a red light zone, full of danger, drugs, and prostitution. The visitors should know this, and in fact they do. Some as I say wannabee cop telling me to do this or that, interfering in my discussions with a prostitute or pimp is the last thing I want. They, these "Tourist Police" also support the "barfine" concept FYI which in and of itself is illegal. So that's that. You can send them all back to England and Norway where they belong.

• Like 1

They are there every night. Sometimes they head out for some special operation and then there is a reduced team there, I believe. The last few months there has been a huge police presence. Looks like regular police, tourist police, city police and that special unit "thapraya 911".

I have heard comments from many friends who visited, why there was such a huge presence in Walking Street. I guess they must have many problems there. Better too many, then none. MS>

"special operation",eeh ???

post-46165-0-81904100-1409485757_thumb.j

Edited by Yahooka
  • Like 1