What have you learned in Thailand? What is still surprising you?

303player

good point I still have no idea about the months of the year

I'm still surprised by the main bpen lai attitude taken by Thai girls in relation to their spouses cheating on them with hookers it seems to be that once it's done away from the family home and discreetly that it will be ignored

• Like 1

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not know the average IQ is 91.

This means for all those I've met with an IQ of 101, there is someone driving a vehicle, on the same road as me, in the oncoming lane, with an IQ of 81.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/481129-thai-students-intelligence-quotient-iq-below-global-average/

ERRR Over 40% the population sits just at around 100. And in fact a full Standard deviation sits above the 90 mark, please quote the study you are referring too. I've read three so far on this topic and none back up your claim, the only claims that come even close come from academic racists Richard Lynn and Philippe Rushton.

• That backing into parking places makes better sense

How do you figure? The only advantages I see is that it is easier to pull out when leaving. It takes longer to park, your trunk is facing inward so you can not load easily, you have to use flashers to indicate parking to cars behind.

Why BG's think that i shit AUD $$$ like no tomorrow! After all our high TAXES (just so we can eat) its sometimes difficult to visit LOS at least twice a year if i'm lucky!

Some girls think ''No problem for you, you have plenty money!''..........seriously i don't! ermm.gif.pagespeed.ce.7f2Kr9k8HC.png

• Like 1

What I find surprising is , there have been English teachers in this country for I don't know how many years .

If the system and the teaching was on such a high standard , I would have thought that all English teachers here now would be Thai nationals.

I still find it surprising when I talk to an English teacher that can't speak English.

• Like 2

.....that my local doctor insisted antibiotics was a cure for tendonitis.

.....that my mother in law cannot make the 20 minute drive to a restaurant without snacking on the way.

.....that "I'm nearly there" may mean "I'm not coming".

.....that TOT admitted their phone lines in the village were rubbish and ADSL was a non starter.

.....that it pays to be sceptical of a Thai plumber whose one word of English is "sure".

.....that village parties are brilliant but give you the worst hangover ever.

• Like 2

I have learned that for some strange reason, Thailand attracts a lot of foreigners that do not like Thailand!

From the time they arrive, they complain about and criticize the people, the culture and the country.

Their goal is to change Thailand and Thai people..to make them more like whatever country they left to come here.

Sooner or later, they learn they can not and will not change Thailand.

Some give up and finally mellow out.

Some go home or just go away.

Sadly, some even kill themselves in frustration, jumping off balconies or stepping out in front of fast moving vehicles..

What surprises me is that they ever get the notion that things here need changing in the first place, and that they are the saviors bringing the change they feel is needed!

My advice is:

If you want to live in a country just like the one you came from...maybe you should stay in the country you came from.

I don't agree.

For some cases the Thai just have to learn how it's done in other country's. They don't travel (only group trips) so we can tell them how it also can be done, on a more efficient or safe way.

Take roadsafety for example, it really is better to follow rules, stop for stoplights, use indicators, wear helmets, have policechecks and so on. It will prevent loads of accidents, children with dead parents, beggars and so on.

For other cases you are right and the farang should shut up. Also i don't understand how the west european old farts dare to come here for a holiday. They get sick from about everything in their homecountry's and then decide to go to thailand or africa or india, see how unhygienic it is and complaint all the time if they get sick.

I don't agree.

For some cases the Thai just have to learn how it's done in other country's. They don't travel (only group trips) so we can tell them how it also can be done, on a more efficient or safe way.

Take roadsafety for example, it really is better to follow rules, stop for stoplights, use indicators, wear helmets, have policechecks and so on. It will prevent loads of accidents, children with dead parents, beggars and so on.

For other cases you are right and the farang should shut up. Also i don't understand how the west european old farts dare to come here for a holiday. They get sick from about everything in their homecountry's and then decide to go to thailand or africa or india, see how unhygienic it is and complaint all the time if they get sick.

The tens of thousands of Thai men and women who have been educated at Western Universities didn't notice anything?

there becoming more westenised or getting more civilised ? as more drunks annoying you more drugos and music

getting louder but still fun to live here after 12yrs with a good thai wife

Not becoming more civilized!

I was up at the Chiang Mai reservoir the other day, enjoying the quiet ambience, when a car with Thai men in parked up and turned up the volume of their stereo to such a level I had to leave. I asked my wife why they did that and she said they came to drink! Antisocial morons sad.png .

That most Thai people will do any unethical or deshonest thing just to make extra money, little money or a lot of money, and not depending if its are poor or rich......If the opportunity shows up....

Edited by umbanda

even my wife complains at others always saying why are they so impolite and selfish with loud music

and driving also before all girls would coverup impolite to show any boob or to much leg not budda way

that one i smile to my self and no comment

even my wife complains at others always saying why are they so impolite and selfish with loud music

and driving also before all girls would coverup impolite to show any boob or to much leg not budda way

that one i smile to my self and no comment

<impolite to show ................ to much leg not budda way>

Thank goodness most of the DDG girls don't take any notice of that.

Snakes still startle me everytime I see one. Scorpions have a way of catching me by surprise as well.

When I went back home after having been gone for almost 10 years, everyone commented that I seemed a lot calmer than they remembered me from before.

I think Thailand has taught me to be more patient.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Like 1

very true about patients i am same learnt hard wayi would get annoyed and frustrated if meet at 9am and wait and wait then turn up 12 wife would say relax our way of life some times ring and say next day another is no body can read map if show them not to look stupid will point and say that way always wrong way but to save face or feel smart man but same tvf when reply to posts make up some dribble wonnt name old fartsleave you

guess

That if you post anything negative about Thailand or Thais on this forum you will be asked to "go home to your own country" by one or more other posters. So by their logic you have to agree with & love everything about this country and it's native population - or at least never talk about anything negative about it & them or "go home and don't let the door hit you one the ass" or whatever.

I still don't understand how these posters think, even after 12 years in Thailand and 10 years on this forum. Could they feel threatened somehow? I don't know.

That if you post anything negative about Thailand or Thais on this forum you will be asked to "go home to your own country" by one or more other posters. So by their logic you have to agree with & love everything about this country and it's native population - or at least never talk about anything negative about it & them or "go home and don't let the door hit you one the ass" or whatever.

I still don't understand how these posters think, even after 12 years in Thailand and 10 years on this forum. Could they feel threatened somehow? I don't know.

The rules are:

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture,

If you don't like it find another forum. Simple really.

• Like 1

The rules are:

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture,

If you don't like it find another forum. Simple really.

A post does not have to be "overly negative" in order to be replied to with the "go home to your own country"-comment on ThaiVisa. Anything negative posted gets this treatment no matter how mild. It's not simple, like you say, it's bizarre.

• Like 1