not obeying the road rules or even knowing them,

pulling out from the kerb, driveway etc wiithout checking traffic

overtaking on double lines and blind corners

turning from the wrong lanes

using a turning lane to go straight ahead

driving fast through shopping centre car parks

going the wrong way in car parks against the arrows

driving on the wrong side of the road

overtaking with oncoming traffic on that side of the road and flashing their lights expecting you to pull over for them

cutting across the front of your car on a bike when you are turning a corner

basically just about everythingw00t.gif

Great! Nothing to add!

Your outline may apply to small country regions and not big cities, I drive daily in a big city with heavy fast traffic and traffic problems are chiefly caused by motorbike drivers not car drivers, as a result many motorbike drivers are killed daily.

then theres:

not using indicators,

not using mirrors,

not obeying the road rules or even knowing them,

pulling out from the kerb, driveway etc wiithout checking traffic

overtaking on double lines and blind corners

turning from the wrong lanes

using a turning lane to go straight ahead

driving fast through shopping centre car parks

going the wrong way in car parks against the arrows

driving on the wrong side of the road

overtaking with oncoming traffic on that side of the road and flashing their lights expecting you to pull over for them

cutting across the front of your car on a bike when you are turning a corner

basically just about everythingw00t.gif

Great! Nothing to add!

Your outline may apply to small country regions and not big cities, I drive daily in a big city with heavy fast traffic and traffic problems are chiefly caused by motorbike drivers not car drivers, as a result many motorbike drivers are killed daily.

Hmm this sounds excatly like Bangkok, not just Nakhon Nowhere. But yes, the biggest pain are the motorcycles, no matter where you are.

If I had a checklist with me on yesterdays drive through BKK I could have marked all of the points above and find many more. It´s a mess, everyone is so fast, angry, frustrated and wreckless, I guess they are all frustrated by their own chaos and react with more agression as a response, a never ending circle.

My new favoruite is overtaking in the parking lot with like 40-50kmh just to be ahead clap2.gif But I don´t mind that, usually I´ll just take one of the VIP lots and pay more to avoid any cardiac events.

If you've had 7 accidents in Thailand I think you need to either give up driving or increase your awareness of what is going on around you. I could have had numerous accidents but have avoided them by either anticipating or reacting quickly to the lunatic or careless acts of others. 7 accidents with no blame attaching to self? Surely no one can be that unlucky.

Hah!

I´m here 4 years and have been rear ended 3 times already in traffic jams, so it´s not very hard to have 10 accidents in 10 years. What could I have done about that?

Raise my shields and fire some aft torpedos?smile.png

Thanks, indeed 7 accidents that I had are really not that much in Thailand, considering I'm here 9,5 years now!

I'm not even counting the numerous small scratches I have from the morons on motorcycles who THINK they can just squeeze in between my car and another. Or just scratched my car when it's parked somewhere. Of course nobody even cares to look, let alone try to pay for the damage!

I really would like to have some attached machine guns in some occasions:)

Edited by Cheops

Hmm this sounds excatly like Bangkok, not just Nakhon Nowhere. But yes, the biggest pain are the motorcycles, no matter where you are.

If I had a checklist with me on yesterdays drive through BKK I could have marked all of the points above and find many more. It´s a mess, everyone is so fast, angry, frustrated and wreckless, I guess they are all frustrated by their own chaos and react with more agression as a response, a never ending circle.

My new favoruite is overtaking in the parking lot with like 40-50kmh just to be ahead clap2.gif But I don´t mind that, usually I´ll just take one of the VIP lots and pay more to avoid any cardiac events.

As long as everybody is wreckless all is fine.

as if anyone cares about the showoff

The nice wheels you show on your picture are not to show off??? cheesy.gif

Sure they are, since when you are driving you can't see them coffee1.gif

I think i Love You, youre inglish is worse than mine.wub.png
What's wrong with the post I submitted?

It could be that it's not 100%, since I'm not an English teacher :). English is not even my native language, so enlighten me!

as if anyone cares about the showoff

The nice wheels you show on your picture are not to show off??? cheesy.gif

Sure they are, since when you are driving you can't see them coffee1.gif

I think i Love You, youre inglish is worse than mine.wub.png
What's wrong with the post I submitted?

It could be that it's not 100%, since I'm not an English teacher smile.png. English is not even my native language, so enlighten me!

Ace will enlighten you his new tee luk.laugh.png

Quote."Since when you cant see them", bloody Amazing. Who can exept the the Kids her who possibly have 10 Dash Cams and a Mazda3. Anyway my friend has got 3 M Crystal on his new Teana and has taken over my No1 Spot for slagging of prats with tints. Do the Englih have a Native Language any more ,thought it was Islam and other beggars.giggle.gif

• 1 year later...

What is the Point of this topic?

If you don't like Thai driving style, then either don't drive here, or drive yourself directly to the Airport and get on the first flight out.

that's a DELETED attitude.thai people should be making farung feel welcome,thai people could not drive anywhere else in the world ,oh they could drive in Namibia or India ,maybe Russia not anywhere else;you have road rules here ,uh well obey them and have respect for others.DELETED

Edited by seedy
troll / flaming

People who park in front of my house gate because it's close to the market. When confronting them, the reply I get is "this is Thailand. I can park anywhere".

I have put up orange cones to at least keep a bit of space open so I can get out in case of an emergency, but they either drive over my cones or take them away.

So now I had to hire a guard to keep the people from parking in front of my house.

Edited by JoeW

I do not even to bother read the thread as every thing you write here happens also in Europe.

If you can't be bothered to read it how do you know it's the same? Sounds like the same attitude that you have when driving.

I do not even to bother read the thread as every thing you write here happens also in Europe.

Which bit ...certainly not in the UK ...and you are from Germany ... I have only spent three weeks driving around Germany, so only a little experience of your country...but I never saw anything like what happens here ...DELETED

Edited by seedy
troll / flaming

Which bit ...certainly not in the UK ...and you are from Germany ... I have only spent three weeks driving around Germany, so only a little experience of your country...but I never saw anything like what happens here ...DELETED

Be assured, it happens everywhere in the world. Thailand is a great country to drive a car.

Be assured, it happens everywhere in the world. Thailand is a great country to drive a car.

30,000 people who were killed on the road last year might disagree with you.

30,000 people who were killed on the road last year might disagree with you.

You giving the dead a voice and monopolize them for your argument. A vulture couldn't do it better.

Ah, now I got it, you think because of higher dead toll all those things do not happen in Europe. Well, again, be assured, it happens everywhere in the world.

You giving the dead a voice and monopolize them for your argument. A vulture couldn't do it better.

Giving you the facts makes me a vulture? Here's some more facts,

Deaths per 100,000 people per year.

Austria 5.3

Germany 4.4

Thailand 38.1

You know what they say, you can't argue with the facts.

Edited by giddyup