Scottish independence: Decision day

webfact

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the vote is no and all the financial promises made to the Jocks are called up.Its time for the rest of the UK to say "hang on we have had enough of this" and it wont be any of the major UK political parties who will seek some equality.

If the vote is no and all the financial promises made to the Jocks are called up.Its time for the rest of the UK to say "hang on we have had enough of this" and it wont be any of the major UK political parties who will seek some equality.

Yep!!

YES and Scotland is free

NO and Scotland is rich

win - win !!!

• Like 2

Well said,Keesters and MCCW.Why dont we English have some kind of say in this? We are not given a choice. No referendum .No vote.

If the "yes" voters win and things dont work out for Scotland they will turn on Alex Salmond and make him their scapegoat.The Scots always turn on their own when things go wrong.So, a message to Alex Salmond:Have a plane parked at Glasgow airport ready to get away from the angry mob.

But we really must start a campaign to get REFERENDUMS FOR THE ENGLISH.

"If the "yes" voters win and things don't work out for Scotland they will turn on Alex Salmond and make him their scapegoat."

Sorry Super22k not true the English have always been the Scapegoat! and always will be! regardless of the the vote today!

• Like 1

Twice shy. We dont want Scotland to be like Norway.Quiet.Complacent and boring. You must be joking when you claim Norway shaped Europe.Or maybe you have been at the Scottish whisky. I assume you are refering to the Viking invaders who raped,thieved and killed where ever they went.Disgusting people and the first colonialists.Not like Scottish people.However,I have heard Norway is very beautiful and worth a visit. Lovely scenery and a bicycle riding King.

Time for you to go buy a English history book

As for raping,thieving and killing the English have a good track record of this also

Go educate yourself before you accuse people of being pissed

You obvious didn't know the Vikings (Norwegians) also Colonised England for 267 years!

Yep!!

YES and Scotland is free

NO and Scotland is rich

win - win !!!

well lets wait and see . And if more powers are devolved to the jocks after a no vote,the labour clan from there will be prevented from voting on english matters in the uk parliament. English have had enough of it.
  • Like 2

Twice shy. We dont want Scotland to be like Norway.Quiet.Complacent and boring. You must be joking when you claim Norway shaped Europe.Or maybe you have been at the Scottish whisky. I assume you are refering to the Viking invaders who raped,thieved and killed where ever they went.Disgusting people and the first colonialists.Not like Scottish people.However,I have heard Norway is very beautiful and worth a visit. Lovely scenery and a bicycle riding King.

Time for you to go buy a English history book

As for raping,thieving and killing the English have a good track record of this also

Go educate yourself before you accuse people of being pissed

You obvious didn't know the Vikings (Norwegians) also Colonised England for 267 years!

......... and France. They left England but stayed in France (good wine) and then re-conquered England. This time they were called Normans (North men) :) You just can't keep a good viking down it seems :)

Yep!!

YES and Scotland is free

NO and Scotland is rich

win - win !!!

well lets wait and see . And if more powers are devolved to the jocks after a no vote,the labour clan from there will be prevented from voting on english matters in the uk parliament. English have had enough of it.

Not sure if current Westminster rules will allow that. They'll have to make such extensive changes that they might as well disband the union :)

Yep!!

YES and Scotland is free

NO and Scotland is rich

win - win !!!

I suspect the major them for next years general election will be promises of devolution for the English... whistling.gif

Edited by Basil B
  • Like 1

And we conquered Ireland as well , Dublin (viking name Dyflin) was a viking city until 1014 after ruling in Ireland for 3 centuries.

So my ancestors and most Scottish ancestors , we both have some viking blood in us. Why do you think you'll still see blond hair , blue eyed people in the UK? The vikings mixed with the population 1300 years ago.

• Like 2

And we conquered Ireland as well , Dublin (viking name Dyflin) was a viking city until 1014 after ruling in Ireland for 3 centuries.

So my ancestors and most Scottish ancestors , we both have some viking blood in us. Why do you think you'll still see blond hair , blue eyed people in the UK? The vikings mixed with the population 1300 years ago.

I believe Ireland was the only country to drive the vikings out . Brian Boru was king - the Battle of Clontarf 1014

Edited by jpinx

I believe Ireland was the only country to drive the vikings out . Brian Boru was king

Yes that was the battle of 1014.

Still I think the danes had some influence in Dublin after 1014 so the last Norse king of Dublin was Ascall mac Ragnaill who died in 1171.

I believe Ireland was the only country to drive the vikings out . Brian Boru was king

Yes that was the battle of 1014.

Still I think the danes had some influence in Dublin after 1014 so the last Norse king of Dublin was Ascall mac Ragnaill who died in 1171.

Indeed the vikings kept Dublin along with the English. There was a point when they built a huge wooden fence around Dublin - called "The Palings" - from which the expression arose "Beyond the Pale" meaning that it was something from the wild hinterlands of Ireland :)

I wonder who's idea it was to let 16 and 17 year olds vote. I would suspect that the vast majority of them will be voting Yes. At that age they are naturally rebellious, hearts full of Scottish Pride, but clueless as to what the implications would be regarding currency, debt, defence etc etc. My observations tell me that most 16 and 17 year olds,(Not just in Scotland but anywhere in The West), cannot do up their shoelaces without staring into their mobile phones and calling everything 'Awesome'.

Not from the polls I saw. 16-24 was predominantly a No vote.

Bookies and betting exchanges showing an implied probability of 85% chance of a no vote and rising. That's the end of that for the next 10 years or so.

Well I hope you are righ etb.

And in that case do we just forget about it, sing Land of Hope and Glory, and go through this agony again. Will we never ever learn!

I think the Scots are telling us English to stop electing crap incompetent politicians with no integrity, who care more for GDP than the welfare of the common man, and who to boot can't even grow GDP anyway!

I don't think the dust will settle either side of the border even if there is a clear no vote. It's about time the Muppet Show in Westminster is ended.

If we do scrape through we got off lightly.

And probably because of Gordon Brown, who appears to be worth 10 of any current Westminster politician.

And when is the English vote to decide if Scotland should leave?

A union has 2 or more parts and all parts should be involved in the decision process equally.

...and the award for the most facile comment of the WHOLE DEBATE......

It is facile that the Scots think they have the only right or vote to decide what happens to the Union. Every part of the union should be allowed its voice. That is democracy. What the Scots want is not.

And when is the English vote to decide if Scotland should leave?

A union has 2 or more parts and all parts should be involved in the decision process equally.

...and the award for the most facile comment of the WHOLE DEBATE......

It is facile that the Scots think they have the only right or vote to decide what happens to the Union. Every part of the union should be allowed its voice. That is democracy. What the Scots want is not.

I wonder who's idea it was to let 16 and 17 year olds vote. I would suspect that the vast majority of them will be voting Yes. At that age they are naturally rebellious, hearts full of Scottish Pride, but clueless as to what the implications would be regarding currency, debt, defence etc etc. My observations tell me that most 16 and 17 year olds,(Not just in Scotland but anywhere in The West), cannot do up their shoelaces without staring into their mobile phones and calling everything 'Awesome'.

You missed out the 'dude'.