Poll reveals Prayuth government should stay over a year for sake of peace

Lite Beer

Poll reveals Prayuth government should stay over a year for sake of peace

9-20-2014-1-37-03-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

Bangkok Poll revealed its latest survey showing the majority of the people wanted the government of Prime Minister to stay in power longer than a year to make sure that the country has returned to peace and every problem is resolved.

It also showed that the popularity of the Democrat party is now ahead of the Pheu Thai party which is declining should election is going to be held.

Bangkok Poll conducted survey of 1,170 people from all parts of the country during September 17-18 on “Popularity of Political Parties after the Prayuth government was established.

The Democrat party’s popularity goes up to 24.0%, up 5.6% from its survey in March, while Pheu Thai’ popularity shrank 4.5% to 22.3% from 26.8%.

On a question of what party they will vote for if election is to be held, 27.4% said they will go for the Democrat, up 8.4% from previous poll.

Pheu Thai receives 23.5% support, down 5.8% from previous poll.

Chart Thai Pattana party gets 2.8%, up
0.3% from last poll.

When asked how long they wanted the Prayuth government stays in power, the majority of the people asked or 66.4% said they wanted to see the Prayuth government in office until peace has been restored and all problems have been resolved which may take longer than a year to achieve.

But 33.6% said they wanted the Prayuth government to remain in office just a year to accomplish all its tasks and allow a general election to be held.

Asked what task they wanted the Prayuth government to accomplish in a year, the majority or 30.8% pointed to corruption, followed by economic problems.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/poll-reveals-prayuth-government-stay-year-sake-peace/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-09-20

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Hahaha.

They had a poll to find this out

Can they have an election?

No, that might prove embarrassing. Can't be far off until we get another one of these happy convenient polls that gives Dear Leader 99% approval rating. Maybe in six or seven years when they are still working on "reform".

• Like 2

What is most telling is that 66.4% wanted the pm to stay until the job was done and 33.6% for just a year which means nobody wants him to step down now and hold a proper election which seems a bit of a stretch unless they were not allowed this as a choice???

I wonder what the level of support will be when members of the black shirts are indisputably tied to Thaksin. The document evidence is piling up, can't wait for PTP to join the ranks of the past Thaksin parties....banned.

• Like 2

It's a good job they've got those prayuth recently approved A/V micophone set ups and multiple monitors because how could they possibly see him when he's that far away? whistling.gif

Though I notice they have low tech nameplates still - surely they all know each other , they've been working together for years......................

Edited by fab4
  • Like 1

Hahaha.

They had a poll to find this out

Can they have an election?

With Martial Law still in place and politicians of any kind prohibited from activites, I think we can humour you and arrange an election. Mind you, if it's just for the fun of it, would you mind footing the bill? Only about 3 billion Baht or so.

It's reassuring to know that every problem is going to be resolved in such a short timeframe.

I didn't read that. I though it was more a realisation that solving every problem might take a wee bit more than a single year. Especially as people keep asking the NCPO / government "please look into this", "please solve this", "please help with this".

I wonder what the level of support will be when members of the black shirts are indisputably tied to Thaksin. The document evidence is piling up, can't wait for PTP to join the ranks of the past Thaksin parties....banned.

No need to wonder.

Thaksins' political parties have maintained a support level of between 52% - 60% of the electorate for nearly a decade and a half.

The fact that democracy has at the very least been "suspended" in the Kingdom is all the proof one needs that Thaksin still commands support from a majority of Thais.

If the figures quoted in the article were even remotely true (or realistic) then Thailand would be off to the polls to win international legitimacy for the junta.

Only the naive buy the crap spewed out by these establishment backed polls - everyone knows who will win any "one man, one vote" election in Thailand.

Ah well, in 2011 Pheu Thai received 44.38% of votes cast (or 33.57% of registered electorate).

BTW "Thaksin's political parties" ?

You mean to say that the 7 months shutdown and the coup were really not necessary to ensure that the Dem Party win in an election? Someone overshot the target.

In a democracy anyone winning a seat in parliament in an election wins.

Anyway, rumour has it that the coup was staged since even having the political parties and protest groups around the table with Gen. Prayuth looking over their shoulder, they could only agree on the 'fact' that the others were to be blamed.

It's a good job they've got those prayuth recently approved A/V micophone set ups and multiple monitors because how could they possibly see him when he's that far away? whistling.gif

Though I notice they have low tech nameplates still - surely they all know each other , they've been working together for years......................

Actually I think the Bosch high-end multi-media conference system was taken out a few days ago. This must be the old stuff from before, the stuff which allows concerned citizens to skype-in into meetings.

As for working together for many years, well, there are some non-military in the cabinet. Maybe they had a get-to-know-each-other gathering in the woods, complete with some games and wearing the same greens to help team building?

• Like 2

Let me think, what's the biggest problem? xhuh.png.pagespeed.ic.6VcCaNwNXg.png

No problem at all. Every poll since martial law and censorship were imposed have consistently shown high levels of support for the junta. And you can't question the credibility of Bangkok Poll, because you probably don't have any idea who or what the heck Bangkok Poll is. I certainly don't, does anyone know anything about them?

• Like 1