Tourists may be required to pay entrance fee for visiting Koh Tao

Lite Beer

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, they're now going to charge an additional fee to provide things they and the Police should be doing anyway ... classic ...

Sorry but police are not for your security....police are for enforcing laws.

YES they are!

They are hired to protect and serve the public.

You said it quite clear, enforcing the laws, which they DON'T.

Has anybody really claimed that the dreadful murders were caused by 'lack of security'?

What has upset most people is the inept investigation by the RTP.

The fund it seems will do nothing to improve the RTP and just allow them to relax and carry on with their inefficient police investigation but efficient tea money collection.

So if tourists want more protection they should pay.

Its simple.

Thais don't need the protection.

Thais don't need the protection.

BS.

Tell that to the young Thai kid who was killed for breaking a tablet computer. Tell it to the young Thai kid who was killed for not doing the washing up.

Everybody needs protection as we live in a violent world. The Thai people are not immune to violence.

The whole tragic episode could not be scripted, - its all too bizarre.

And now they want to charge people to visit the Island, where two youngsters were brutally slain, and call the proceeds a " protection fund " for Tourists.

Tourists - vote with your wallets and go to Vietnam. Loas or Cambodia instead of LOS

• Like 1

I have a more viable solution to the security woes on Koh Tao. How about effective law enforcement, that is not fully compromised? How about removing the controlling families from their untouchable perch? How about governing in a responsible manner? Entrance fees? Who on earth came up with this one? And does anyone have a guess as to where that additional income source would go? What percentage would the "headman" get? How many additional millions would this corrupt, untouchable man earn from this income?

• Like 2

I love how it does not occur to them to just pay for the security of the island themselves.

They probaly were provided funds but like most places/villages in Thailand, the money allocated has been skimmed by those in charge.

If this proposal is implemented I hope everyone Bans visiting Koh Tao until such security measures are provided. I am sure all those who make a living from Tourists will quickly dip into their pockets to pay the expenses involved to get their livelihood back.

I think this is a good idea.

Not every country can afford the security and luxury of other places.

Tourist come to Koh Tao becuase its cheap.

If foreigners want more security they should pay for something rather then complain something is not good all the time.

Obviously you do not think that the host country, in this case Thailand has a resposibility to take care of the people that visit the country? Do thais pay for security when they travel to another country?

Maybe the good people of Koh Tao should not be so kei neow if they want tourists to visit their Island. After all there are other Islands and indeed other countries that would be more welcoming to tourists.

But I get you're piont, which is why should Thais care what happens to tourists in Thailand?

Yes exactly.

If I was in your country and I would the host country care about what happened to me?

No they just want me to spend my money.

So why should my thai people pay money for stupid tourists.

Hahaha. You are funny. In the host country you would be afforded the same protection as the locals. Which is what foreigners are afforded in Thailand.

The best police force money can buy. In a way, u could look at it that if they put special protection into the resorts, it would keep all the Thais safer too.

But then I realised what a knob you are and realised u wouldn't be able to see this. So, the only logical argument is that foreigners should only visit 5 star resorts and never leave them other than to go to the airport.

The places are not safe enough, and the Thais aren't willing to clean up or improve them.

• Like 2

Recommend all tourists boycott Koh Tao ---

By doing so, the local's will have no jobs/income and Koh Tao will die as a tourist spot!

If an entrance fee was implemented/required, what would stop the same for other hot-spot tourist locations: Phukett, Chang Mai, Pattaya,...?

BOYCOTT Koh Tao!

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Can't believe this, they should be ashamed of themselves.

This is Thailand! You Dont Understand! Farang! Spend money and go back home to your country!!! And come back....

• Like 1

Aren't tourists spending millions of dollars on the island every year? Instead of just lining your pockets with gold try investing a little of that into the island. Tourists should not have to pay for the local police. If you want them come back make it inviting and safe invest and don't expect it to be the tourists responsibility

For once i think this is an excellent Idea -

Charge people .

Let them pause and consider the types of people they are dealing with.

The higher the charge the better.

Deter people -

remind people of when and why the charges came into force.

The brutal murders - the sole concern for $$ the only Thai thing in mind.

Then maybe a few will decide how vile these people are and leave.

Those who go - deserve the taxes

• Like 2

If foreigners want more security they should pay for something rather then complain something is not good all the time.

Obviously you do not think that the host country, in this case Thailand has a resposibility to take care of the people that visit the country? Do thais pay for security when they travel to another country?

Maybe the good people of Koh Tao should not be so kei neow if they want tourists to visit their Island. After all there are other Islands and indeed other countries that would be more welcoming to tourists.

But I get you're piont, which is why should Thais care what happens to tourists in Thailand?

Yes exactly.

If I was in your country and I would the host country care about what happened to me?

No they just want me to spend my money.

So why should my thai people pay money for stupid tourists.

Hahaha. You are funny. In the host country you would be afforded the same protection as the locals. Which is what foreigners are afforded in Thailand.

The best police force money can buy. In a way, u could look at it that if they put special protection into the resorts, it would keep all the Thais safer too.

But then I realised what a knob you are and realised u wouldn't be able to see this. So, the only logical argument is that foreigners should only visit 5 star resorts and never leave them other than to go to the airport.

The places are not safe enough, and the Thais aren't willing to clean up or improve them.

Knob is putting it politely but can't argue with you on that one........

Clearly you've never been to another country..

Now can you please explain what your username Thaigang means???

Would it affect you if falang boycott Koh tao, cos that is happenning, brainless fools like you just make it easier to decide...

Can someone please have a word with these people, honestly,,,

Investing the money themselves will bring in more tourists as the safety of the island will be improved, therefore it will pay for itself. It makes absolutely no sense at all to ask the tourists themselves to pay for their own protection when this is something that the island should be doing anyway.

Unless of course it's just another Thai scam aimed at parting tourists with there hard earned cash.

A word???? are you serious,

this is the same people who have refused to give DNA,

Plus...there is two sons of Mon's the local leader/mafia guy...plus the local police,

thai media today is rife with a story about one of the sons being accussed of rape 2 years ago, seems one of the Sons jumped out of a bungalow window and has 12 stitches in the foot...Victim escaped to UK..Still no DNA on a potential double murderer, island Mafia stands talll... what a joke..Now they want an entrance fee...spare me

throw in the facts that the latest murder/rape was after murder...

it wasn't the burmese patsys... lets test the DNA of the big family on Koh Tao and see if any of the rapes murders over the last 20 years can be solved....otherwise pay your entrance fee SUCKERS..what my wife tells me the thai media says the sons of the big man are evil....I believe...the facts and my wife....

What about a free insurance for visitors to Ko Tao to insure their safety.

Less tourist are coming and MONEY is down. I know let's charge people to come here.

Even better, how about a free, if you can prove we killed you and raped you after we'll pay you 1million baht..just happened surely they can make that deal stick....

DNA evidence from Thai's not accepted...only migrant workers...!!!!!!!

Unfortunately they will get away with it considering what happened after past atrocities that have occurred here. In a month or so not a single tourist will remember what happened here and if they do they wont care, why should they, it wont happen to them. We feel disgusted and let down by the authorities who are supposed to show moral courage and protect us but that is asking to much of Thailand. It is sad but our disgust and anger wont change a thing.