Khao Phra Viharn park opens for tourists

Lite Beer

Khao Phra Viharn park opens for tourists

----------------------------22-wpcf_728x

Khao Phra Viharn (Preah Vihear) national park officials are bracing for an invasion of tourists to this historical destination In Kanthararak district of Si Sa Ket as the tourism season has started.

A meeting of the officials was recently held by the park to brief them of the security measures to ensure safety for the visitors, especially those who want to drive up to the park, and other related matters.

Mr Sawat Loonpong, the official in charge of public relations, said that most of the tourists prefer to visit the park early in the morning so that they view the natural beauty of Phupha Mok.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/khao-phra-viharn-park-opens-tourists/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-10-05

So Westerners can go to the temple that is in Cambodian territory? Or just up to Pa Ma-E-Daeng cliffs on the Thai side?

I have family coming soon and they would be interested in visiting the temple itself. Something that hasn't been allowed since around 2008.

So Westerners can go to the temple that is in Cambodian territory? Or just up to Pa Ma-E-Daeng cliffs on the Thai side?

I have family coming soon and they would be interested in visiting the temple itself. Something that hasn't been allowed since around 2008.

Still isn't. Avery misleading article.

• Like 1

When I went last year, only a small part was open, but not the ruins. They still charged full price. Also, the police had a road block on the way, and fined me 200 baht for no license, even though I had an international permit. The whole show was disappointing. I wouldn't go again in a hurry. Maybe never.

I went there in 1999, and the view from the cliff, looking down into Cambodia, is absolutely breathtaking. I would advise everybody who chances to be in the area to go and visit, that's to say if the site is as freely accessible as before the troubles started.

Edited by keestha
  • Like 1

When I went last year, only a small part was open, but not the ruins. They still charged full price. Also, the police had a road block on the way, and fined me 200 baht for no license, even though I had an international permit. The whole show was disappointing. I wouldn't go again in a hurry. Maybe never.

They were right to fine you,must have home licence.

I was there, from Cambodian side, in February 2013. The tickets were free but they asked for a "voluntary" donation of an amount of your choise. The main roads were all paved and there were guesthouses in Sra Am town so it was very easy to see this temple from Cambodia.

• Like 1

I was there, from Cambodian side, in February 2013. The tickets were free but they asked for a "voluntary" donation of an amount of your choise. The main roads were all paved and there were guesthouses in Sra Am town so it was very easy to see this temple from Cambodia.

One can also cross over the border to Cambodia in Surin, then travel the 150km or so to the temple.

Map